Devs please save the zerker class.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bertirum, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bighitz Augur

We are in a bad spot balance wise behelit, our sustained fall so far of after 45-60 sec that its not even funny! - besides our burst rely on stuff that might get changed detrimentally very soon.
  2. fransisco Augur

What I said was supposed to be ludicrous.
    I wasn't claiming rangers were in a terrible place. I was criticizing claims that wizards should do less everything than berzerkers due to differences between the classes.

Same kind of claims, but with berzerkers on the losing side of the comparision.
  3. sojuu Augur

I'm not understanding why you would want to argue this topic fransisco, do you really think melee as a whole should be that far behind casters? And zerkers is the prime example of whats wrong with melee. Zerkers should be right there compared with wizard dps. Those are at least in my understanding the top burst classes. Wizards should be the top burst in caster and zerker and maybe rogue depending on how u look at it should be top melee burst class. And zerker DPS should be the same as wiz DPS.
  4. Bighitz Augur

1 simple question fransisco - does it matter nothing to be able to DPS from distance? to sustain forever basically? To not be ADPS dependent?

It is berserkers that run out of endurance - yellow mana, not wizards lol...

12 min fade time - but hey i am not complaining about this, i like to play a high risk high reward burst class..... i just want the reward. I know we burst well atm. but we fall of so horribly and very soon devs will change the skills that makes it possible for us to compete on burst and we will again be left in shambles.
  5. Behelit Augur

so by using incorrect comparisons between a berserker and a ranger you highlighted the inaccuracies of the previous berserker to wizard comparisons how exactly? some of what they say is right, some is complete bull. you're just trying to lump it all together as crying/whining and making it look like berserkers are perfect as is. which is why I said your as bad as the berserkers claiming they're completely trash in the scheme of balance.
  6. fransisco Augur

Basically, I'm saying this idea that the berzerker class is coming to an end because for part of an expansion they are not topping dps is ludicrous.
    The class is panicking over not being one of the best sustained because wizards are currently broken by being wonderful burst and sustained.
    No class should be great sustained and burst. Wizards are broken by doing it, and it would be just as bad if berzerkers were good sustained while being one of the best burst
  7. Bighitz Augur

You are right hahlfwif i stopped playing in start ROF because i was pretty beat down with our class at that state and because i had real life to attend to - mostly the second part actually.

I have looked at the new stuff though and logged in and grinded the new AAs a couple of days - but I dont see the finer details unless someone tells it to me - such as this and this AA istn working as intended and boosts DPS or something. I do get alot of parses sent though, so i get on top of the issues rather fast, but i am not the first to see if we get a "not as intended" boost from our skills.
  8. Xicon Journeyman

You sound like the ranger in my Guild that cries because I am now able to beat him on burst dps, You sit back just like casters with very little risk. You need to stay out of Berserker problems a raid dps class. Berserkers need more sustained to match wizards, and no rangers need nothing your not a sustained or burst dps class. Beastlords, Berserkers, Rogues and Monks are the ones that get up close and Melee heck I think Bards should out dps you because they are on the front line in combat while you stay back and play robin hood.
  9. Brogett Augur

One other class yes, but not most. Show me a rog doing more than 150k on an optimal burn? It's rare as hens teeth, if even possible.

The difference too is that when wiz do 200k burn they'll still have only dropped to 100k several mins later, while the melee plummet like a stone.
  10. Bighitz Augur

What you dont understand now Fansy is that since this thread was made our burst increased which we are very happy for, it was around that neightborhood we needed - however, its due to something unintended that might get changed who knows.

We were dog period, we are fine in 1 min burst now. however as brogett suggest if a fight even goes to 2 - 2.5 min mark wizards step all over us, I am not the most aware of rogue standings, bur they might be missing some burst too now.
  11. Gragas Augur

Because the Glyphs don't stack with some spire due to 2 hand pierce debacle.
  12. Fansy Augur

If zerkers can do 200K+ and wizards can do 200K+ in burst but rogues can't, it sounds like you need to make an "OMG Devs please save the rogues" thread. Not muddy up the zerker thread even more on top of your melee needs to win sustained fights while maintaining their burst advantages campaign.

I am glad we all agree its bad design and goes against the past 14 years of balancing to have wizards competing for tops in burst while also competing with sustained classes. Or if the game has in fact changed so that there is only one type of dps we can start the "OMG Devs please save the mages, beastlords, rangers and necros" threads as they are also missing the ability to hit 200K+ from 1-60 seconds.
  13. Bighitz Augur

Nah i had no problem with wizards blowing us away in VOA on burst parses (if that was the case) - because they didnt have endless mana back then.
  14. Fansy Augur

They don't have endless mana now. They got nukes that got changed to what they needed to be in relation to damage but the mana aspect wasn't tuned properly or at least with the last 14 years of balance in mind.

It also helps to have a burn set and then some secondary stuff that doesn't stack, sounds a lot like the self adps someone is lobbying for, that allows you to keep the good times rolling as a burst class for much longer than any other time in dps balance history.
  15. Fansy Augur

Ranged has jack to do with it.

Them doing sustained dps at mage and necro levels is a gripe you guys should have. That needs to be fixed. Or as you say you guys should get sustained at their levels but then mages, necros, bsts and rangers need to have major boosts to burst added.
  16. Bighitz Augur

Ranged have all to do with it, Ranged:

• Doesnt have to eat AE rampage
    • Doesnt have to position themselves, melee lose alot of DPS on this account and makes them more risky to play
    • Casters got better rezz effects
    You cannot come up with a single point of advantage inherent in being melee. now i am only talking about melee / ranged advantage. there is a difference and it has to be accounted for, end for story. You cannot argue otherwise, you can only argue about how MUCH devs have to account for it, not IF.
  17. Bighitz Augur

Of course i cant expect a ranger to understand that its an advantage to stand outside most aoes and AE rampage and just safely hit the raidboss - you would rather that we didnt pay too much attention to that ;-).
  18. Fansy Augur

You can make up all the reasons you want as to why you should always be better but .........

Perfect balance is wizards roughly = zerkers who roughly = rogues. With small differences that show up on different events or in very short duration changes or because of differences in the nature of dps - which your blind and root would be in my mind. These classes should not be good at sustained unless everyone else bursts like they can.
    Marton likes this.
  19. Bighitz Augur

We should have higher potential DPS to counter being melee, to hit the same actual numbers as wizards, this however will once in a while show us doing more if everyting is balance because we can get good fights where our melee disadvantage doesnt really come into play (tho rarely), that could be on mobs with no AE rampage and little or no push.

Can't argue with you anymore Fansy, please go to your own forum and rally for wizard, ranger > all :).
  20. Songsa Augur

Not only that. Glyph doesnt work on backstab which is a good portion of our burn dps. No way Glyph alone could let us gain 50-100k dps (from a lucky 150k parse to 200-250k dps). If Bers and wiz burst dps numbers are intended, rogues will need a boost in burst as well and not only sustained dps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.