Strawberry's Recent Activity

1. Strawberry replied to the thread The ratrace and fear of missing out..

interesting [IMG]

May 28, 2020 at 3:52 PM
  2. Strawberry posted a new thread.

The ratrace and fear of missing out.

The angst of missing out, the fear of falling behind. The demands to reset a server so everyone is back on a level playing field. You'd...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

May 28, 2020 at 3:42 PM
  3. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

I'm fine, but thanks for the suggestion. Now that you learned what level 3 is, nice talking to you.

May 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM
  4. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

Because fiberglass doesn't evaporate just because the company has new leadership. No one spent more money on fiberglass in the US than...

May 28, 2020 at 11:59 AM
  5. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

Comacast uses Level 3 connections for all its networks. There isn't a content provider that does not use a level 3 connection. Level...

May 28, 2020 at 11:51 AM
  6. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

You don't need to fix anything, I was correct. They are LEVEL 3 connections just like I said. The post you just made probably ran...

May 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM
  7. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

Many modems actually do not have an IP address. Modems often act as layer 2 devices. A modem receives 1 IP address that connects you...

May 28, 2020 at 10:58 AM
  8. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

I did edit my post. Because I first gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you weren't so uniformed and simply confused a local...

May 28, 2020 at 10:42 AM
  9. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

If ISP just allowed consumers to have multiple IP address on the fly and everyone was able to pick and choose their IP address...there...

May 28, 2020 at 10:37 AM
  10. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

Let's go back to what you said shall we.... You said "I can easily have Comcast (or any other ISP) configure my modem to hand out 6...

May 28, 2020 at 10:30 AM
  11. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

I checked the option to have multiple IP addresses with my local ISP. For that one has to change their line to a corporate line. Prices...

May 28, 2020 at 10:16 AM
  12. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

No you can't. ISP do not just let consumer change their IP address. The privilege to do this is reserved for company lines which you...

May 28, 2020 at 10:08 AM
  13. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

The idea of letting a company dig multiple lines to your home, just to play EQ, is not only far fetched, the cost would be far beyond...

May 28, 2020 at 6:43 AM
  14. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

I doubt you're telling the truth. Blocking and detecting VPN has become very easy, it's not the wild west anymore like it used to be....

May 28, 2020 at 6:36 AM
  15. Strawberry replied to the thread Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed..

VPN are super easy to block. I don't know any VPN that allows you to log into the other MMO I play on. Try logging into Netflix with...

May 28, 2020 at 6:27 AM
  16. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Make a server where only 1 log-in per account is allowed.

Hey, Make a server where you can only log in once per IP address. (yes I messed up the thread title lol) Trying to prevent...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

May 28, 2020 at 6:22 AM
  17. Strawberry replied to the thread Increase Sales With Two Words.

There is some kind of workflow between the concept artist and writers who then hand off the data to the modelers and game designers who...

May 12, 2020
  18. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Would you be interested in a cloud server?

Hi, People get (rightfully) upset about other players employing 3rd party programs to cheat in the game. On a cloud server these...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

May 10, 2020
  19. Strawberry replied to the thread Almost afraid to post this, but interested in opinion...

They used to have 'Beginner' servers like Morden Rasp where many returnees went too. Maybe they will revive a server like that one day, I...

Apr 30, 2020
  20. Strawberry replied to the thread Spell idea to help with super situational nitch spells.

nitch = niche?

Apr 30, 2020
  21. Strawberry replied to the thread Almost afraid to post this, but interested in opinion...

Well, have you tried on Time Locked Progression servers? You say you miss the feeling of grinding for months to lvl 51. But you won't find...

Apr 30, 2020
  22. Strawberry replied to the thread Almost afraid to post this, but interested in opinion...

There are dedicated Time Locked Progression Servers, that are very close to what EQ used to be. As far as why players rush through the...

Apr 30, 2020
  23. Strawberry replied to the thread [Feedback] -- Cancel Membership.

The worst subscription I ever had to cancel was Playstation Now (the Sony cloud gaming service). It was impossibly complex to cancel...

Apr 29, 2020
  24. Strawberry replied to the thread In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ..

There are in-game maps provided for new players for the starting zones. However, maps for the large majority of zones are not...

Apr 28, 2020
  25. Strawberry replied to the thread In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ..

One can both appreciate the effort people put into those maps, while at the same time recognize that having to download zip files from...

Apr 28, 2020
  26. Strawberry replied to the thread In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ..

How big is the part of the playerbase you are supposedly speaking for who enjoys making their own maps for every zone. One can only...

Apr 28, 2020
  27. Strawberry replied to the thread In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ..

Just wanted to add. I do not know the people making these maps, I can only assume there are dedicated EQ players who spent a lot of time...

Apr 27, 2020
  28. Strawberry replied to the thread In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ..

I went to the site you mentioned. All my browsers threw out a warning because the site is not a HTTPS site, therefore it is anything...

Apr 27, 2020
  29. Strawberry replied to the thread How do I make my EverQuest run on only 2 cores with CPUAffinity being changed the eqclient.ini file?.

One thing I always recommend, especially on laptops, is to turn off Turbo in the bios. Turbo on CPU gives you about 2% or 3% extra...

Apr 26, 2020
  30. Strawberry replied to the thread Issue with 34inc Ultrawide monitor, Fish eye effect..

Those ultrawide monitors present a problem for developers in many games. Option 1: They simply stretch the image out, but you then get a...

Apr 25, 2020
  31. Strawberry posted a new thread.

In-game maps would make it much easier for people to return to EQ.

Hi, Back in the 90s it was common place that each software developer, no matter how small, managed their own downloads. But we moved...

Apr 25, 2020
  32. Strawberry replied to the thread California's "shelter-in-place" to affect Darkpaw Games?.

California will pay a high price when CEO choose money over people. [IMG]

Mar 20, 2020
  33. Strawberry replied to the thread Denmark in lockdown (not EQ related).

The herd immunity strategy assumes WRONGLY that younger people are not severely affected by this disease. Younger people are increasingly...

Mar 16, 2020
  34. Strawberry replied to the thread Denmark in lockdown (not EQ related).

Also, the people who think hospitals can handle this and quarantine is not needed. Where I live there is quarantine in the city and local...

Mar 15, 2020
  35. Strawberry replied to the thread Denmark in lockdown (not EQ related).

I have been in a type of lockdown in a European country. All stores, schools and most factories are closed, large roads are shut off. I...

Mar 15, 2020
  36. Strawberry replied to the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Mar 15, 2020
  37. Strawberry replied to the thread Worst Zone in EQ.

I detest upper and lower guk, never have I managed to go there without getting lost on the way to a group. There is also a general sense...

Jan 31, 2020
  38. Strawberry replied to the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

How is it in any way disingenuous. The largest bleeding of players in EQ happened among casual players. We went from grouping being the...

Jan 30, 2020
  39. Strawberry replied to the thread Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game..

I remember the day when the OMM nerfs went in. We went from over over 200 players in PoK doing missions, to 0 in a matter of days. Many...

Jan 30, 2020
  40. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Players input is often detrimental to the health of a game.

Warcraft III Reforged, an update to the original game, has been met with disdain online due to a lack of updates to the game. Yet at...

Jan 29, 2020
  41. Strawberry replied to the thread Is the forum going to move to Darkpaw Games ?.

Well, it could be very confusing for someone new to EQ. EQ information will be on the Darkpaw and Everquest site yet the forum would...

Jan 22, 2020
  42. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Is the forum going to move to Darkpaw Games ?

Since there is now an official site for Darkpaw Games (https://www.darkpawgames.com), is the forum going to migrate to darkpaw ? It...

Jan 22, 2020
  43. Strawberry posted a new thread.

What do you think happened with the EQ Next assets.

What do you think happened with the code libraries, writing assets, art assets and music assets of EQ Next. 1) they are collecting dust...

Jan 21, 2020
  44. Strawberry replied to the thread Remastered eq.

There's still this idea in the back of some people's mind that if only you updated the graphics in EQ, it would attract new players. I...

Jan 19, 2020
  45. Strawberry replied to the thread Remastered eq.

Part of the charm of EQ is that its graphics are dated. You will lose some of that charm if you upgrade graphics, kind of like putting...

Jan 19, 2020
  46. Strawberry replied to the thread Strange Hard Drive Activity.

You should easily be able to tell your HDD is waking up out of sleep modus and hear both the spin up of the HDD platters, and the...

Jan 19, 2020
  47. Strawberry replied to the thread Strange Hard Drive Activity.

SSD are good for speed, but unreliable for back-up. Optical solutions are even better for cold storage back-ups. If you store...

Jan 19, 2020