Strawberry's Recent Activity

1. Strawberry replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

How is classic any different.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:31 PM
  2. Strawberry replied to the thread Favorite classic/kunark zones.

City of Mist. I like "open air dungeons". I like dungeon-like zones, but I am also slightly claustrophobic. So I don't like Guk,...

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:06 PM
  3. Strawberry replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Rainbow Cotton Interview: Lead Programmer Sheds Light on the Dreamcast Remake Ahead of the game's release, I chatted with Andreas Scholl,...

Apr 17, 2024
  4. Strawberry replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

It is easy to sync resolutions on multiple devices with Nvidia GPU. You can run any game or software at any resolution or refresh rate your...

Apr 16, 2024
  5. Strawberry replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Just to prove my point. The designers of OOW/DoN/DoD/TSS made EQ look like a fantastical dreamworld, like a trip to Tomorrowland. The...

Apr 13, 2024
  6. Strawberry replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

I think it's mostly nostalgia, many people quit after GoD and they are unfamiliar with post-GoD content. The expansions directly after...

Apr 13, 2024
  7. Strawberry replied to the thread Unreadable forums.

some basic css skill required [IMG]

Apr 10, 2024
  8. Strawberry replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

Every tank has the ability to immediately get on top of the aggro list. Have you played EQ in the last decade? The last time tanks in...

Apr 9, 2024
  9. Strawberry replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

Abilities that put someone at the top of an aggro list does not "maintain their ability to tank". Spamming something that puts you at...

Apr 9, 2024
  10. Strawberry replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

Like druid with flame lick.

Apr 9, 2024
  11. Strawberry replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

Well, if you have the data availabe in-game, "figuring it out" should come with a substantial punishment. Resists should be in % to...

Apr 9, 2024
  12. Strawberry replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

He did a fantastic job. My only critique would be the wide FOV that causes the view to be somewhat distorted, but that is just...

Apr 9, 2024
  13. Strawberry replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

small edit, the title should be: "Mob resists checks should be shown." Negative checks are obviously shown in EQ's chat window when...

Apr 9, 2024
  14. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Mob resist checks should be shown.

Everquest does very little with mob resists. In games like Darkest Dungeon, resist stats of mobs to dots and stuns, are openly shown to...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Apr 9, 2024
  15. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Well, don't blame me for pointing out the obvious. Players can sit in the guild hall, soak up Overseer XP, and loot is increasingly...

Apr 7, 2024
  16. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Adventure should be rewarded. Instead, EQ increasingly rewards non-adventure. Wen players hide out in the safety of a guild hall soaking...

Apr 7, 2024
  17. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

How is this such an alien concept to you. What did you do before joining a guild?

Apr 7, 2024
  18. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

And DnD 5e's level cap of 20 where you become GOD-like is awful. If you implemented it in BG3 it would remove any sense of challenge,...

Apr 7, 2024
  19. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

Right, individuals face the greatest danger. Seeking allies allows one to mitigate this danger, the process of seeking out those allies...

Apr 7, 2024
  20. Strawberry liked Grove's post in the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

There is strength and power in a group. Perhaps so much so that risk is exponentially diminished. This is how I interpreted Strawberry's...

Apr 7, 2024
  21. Strawberry liked Riou's post in the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

There are some things that can help widen it open further like having casual ranks and stuff to increase player counts, but nothing will...

Apr 6, 2024
  22. Strawberry replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

ok, my tl;dr then When Guilds serve as a safe-haven, where one is shielded from risk, the unknown, and the unpredictability of...

Apr 6, 2024
  23. Strawberry posted a new thread.

When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game.

Humans seek out adventure, they challenge the unknown, in spite of the risks. As counterintuitive as it may seem to put oneself in great...

Apr 6, 2024
  24. Strawberry replied to the thread Please go back to the roots of EQ's gameplay loop.

The thrill in many games is the risk involved and the potential loss and setback. Ironically, many of these games that play with the...

Apr 6, 2024
  25. Strawberry replied to the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

Being able to write C++ is not difficult. But getting someone who can write safe C++ is difficult, and testing if that person is able to...

Mar 28, 2024
  26. Strawberry replied to the thread 90% rez.

Ok, good point. The rez is the amount recovered from the actual XP hit from death, not the total XP bar. So you don't lose 6% total...

Mar 28, 2024
  27. Strawberry replied to the thread 90% rez.

On a raid it's far more reasonable to expect people to accept a 90% rez, you're holding up 54 people if you don't. Still, if I'm playing on...

Mar 28, 2024
  28. Strawberry replied to the thread 90% rez.

Overseer is only available at lvl 85+. And not everyone enjoys Overseer, it's a mindless clickfest.

Mar 28, 2024
  29. Strawberry replied to the thread 90% rez.

There are casual players who level at a rate that is so slow that a 6% loss in XP would be a serious setback.

Mar 28, 2024
  30. Strawberry replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

You're overestimating what these services need. HD streaming uses just 5Mb/s, and EQ could run on a 56k modem. If you use a packet...

Mar 27, 2024
  31. Strawberry replied to the thread 90% rez.

The time it takes to find someone who can give a 96% rez instead of a 90% rez is generally far lower than the time it would take to claw...

Mar 27, 2024
  32. Strawberry replied to the thread Did we get changes, who left?.

Regarding wages. US wage growth has exploded over the last few years, far outstripping wage growth in mainland Europe and Asia. There's a...

Mar 27, 2024
  33. Strawberry replied to the thread Mini PC for EQ?.

That's some very weird "advice". Processors don't make noise, fans do. You can make almost any system whisper quiet by dropping the...

Mar 25, 2024
  34. Strawberry liked Bilderov's post in the thread Developer consistency..

I think the day of developing a game and just selling it for profit is behind us. The money men realised there is more money in...

Mar 12, 2024
  35. Strawberry liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Developer consistency..

Fallout 76 approves of this sentiment. Minecraft too. The list goes on. The biggest red flag is, will they totally overwrite /...

Mar 12, 2024
  36. Strawberry replied to the thread Developer consistency..

I used to love the idea of online play. At this point a game being online serves as a red flag for me. Does it have...

Mar 12, 2024
  37. Strawberry liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Developer consistency..

Cannot monetize OMM's retroactively. The misguided use of the "Carrot and Stick" mentality of devlopment means push the plebs into...

Mar 12, 2024
  38. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Developer consistency.

Daybreak: "Static OMM missions give XP too easily, people should be exploring EQ zones instead, we will nerf OMM accordingly." Also...

Mar 12, 2024
  39. Strawberry replied to the thread Not a bugg but..

Full screen is awful due to the instability it causes when the OS has to switch between DirectX and GDI. Everyone familiar with PC...

Mar 10, 2024
  40. Strawberry replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Current developers don't seem to understand EQ. The magic of EQ was the adventure, the discovery of new zones, the challenge and risk...

Mar 10, 2024
  41. Strawberry replied to the thread 3D print statue of my bard, Mirthe.

Libraries are organised by book size. After a category classification like a Dewey decimal system, you organise by size. Size...

Mar 6, 2024
  42. Strawberry liked Fanra's post in the thread Things I dislike about the UI.

This is why they are making the new UI.

Feb 28, 2024
  43. Strawberry replied to the thread Things I dislike about the UI.

A UI should be responsive in 2024. (responsive design means the ability to scale all elements on multiple devices with different...

Feb 28, 2024
  44. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ.

Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ, playable offline and with friends. The world is yours, you can just restart your own...

Feb 21, 2024
  45. Strawberry replied to the thread Give us an Era Locked Server [OOW/DON].

nm

Feb 15, 2024
  46. Strawberry replied to the thread planetside sold?.

US employees in the gaming industry are very expensive due to the high wages In many industries US workers are protected by trade...

Feb 15, 2024
  47. Strawberry replied to the thread planetside sold?.

Nope, EG7 and Daybreak are in a lot of trouble. EG7 earnings have halved in the last year. EG7 share price is down -62,48% in the...

Feb 15, 2024
  48. Strawberry replied to the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

Enshrouded is already one of 2024´s best selling games. Dragon's Dogma 2 is one of 2024's most anticipated games. BG3 was 2023's best...

Feb 11, 2024
  49. Strawberry replied to the thread Constantly having to log into the forums..

Well, to be fair, nothing is stopping you from learning some basic CSS so you can manipulate the look of sites.

Feb 8, 2024
  50. Strawberry replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Pretty much. The first thing that will piss off a new player is the UI. It doesn't properly scale and is not intuitive at all. A UI...

Feb 4, 2024
  51. Strawberry replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Right off the bat, I would never recommend EQ unless they implement default maps for all zones. Telling a new player they need to start...

Feb 3, 2024
  52. Strawberry replied to the thread Progression server idea: DX 9.

This is only the case for Intel/AMD. Nvidia still has native DX9 support, even on their newest GPU. So if you are a person who...

Feb 3, 2024
  53. Strawberry replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

I wonder why you never upgraded to Windows 10, an upgrade which was (is?) completely free for Windows 7 users. They even allow users...

Feb 2, 2024
  54. Strawberry replied to the thread New server idea.

There's many hurdless thrown in front of single account owners that can be fixed. A good example is how Everquest does augments. When...

Feb 2, 2024
  55. Strawberry replied to the thread New server idea.

People will always try to circumvent technical hurdles. You need to fix the actual reason why boxing is more advantageous than playing a...

Feb 2, 2024
  56. Strawberry replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

Game programmers don't directly interact with GPU or drivers (they used to, back when Matrox and 3Dfx were making GPU). A programmer...

Feb 2, 2024
  57. Strawberry replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

You don't need a specific function for that, you just know when you call the D3D11CreateDevice function on the client's device and it...

Feb 2, 2024
  58. Strawberry replied to the thread Progression server idea: DX 9.

It's not a VM. Wine looks for Windows specific calls and translates them to calls Linux libraries and API understand. You should use...

Feb 1, 2024
  59. Strawberry replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

Pokemon copied everything from Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest which I'm sure copied their designs from a Western game. It seems people have...

Feb 1, 2024
  60. Strawberry replied to the thread Progression server idea: DX 9.

All GPU released within the last 14 years are DX11-compatible. Likely 100% of EQ's playerbase has DX11-compatible hardware, older hardware...

Feb 1, 2024
  61. Strawberry replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

Because explaining Everquest would be any less cringe at the family reunion dinner table? "I play a game with elves and dwarves. I...

Feb 1, 2024
  62. Strawberry replied to the thread mmorpg news: dnd goes to tencent (maybe).

Yup, Huawei is adding most code to Linux its kernel, more than any other entity. No one is checking what they are actually adding. The...

Feb 1, 2024
  63. Strawberry replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

At least use Enshrouded as an example then. Enshrouded released in Early Access on the same day as Palworld, and it is 10 times better...

Feb 1, 2024
  64. Strawberry replied to the thread mmorpg news: dnd goes to tencent (maybe).

It's probably a partial sale, so they can sell DnD into China. The Chinese government won't allow you to operate games in China unless it...

Feb 1, 2024
  65. Strawberry replied to the thread Refund?.

If you want to post system information.... press windows key type in "dxdiag"....enter Click Save all information button All system...

Jan 31, 2024
  66. Strawberry replied to the thread Regrets on 85.

I pointed out this exact problem many times to developers, but they went: "lalala I can't hear you!....this is going to make us...

Jan 24, 2024
  67. Strawberry replied to the thread Eq resource.com with no ads.

I aggressively use ad-blockers on every site. Every site I simply read gets also hit with a javascript blocker to block the Jquery and...

Jan 24, 2024
  68. Strawberry replied to the thread What are the Top 10 Dragons in EverQuest?.

Osh`vir the Windspirit and his palls, they are the first dragons new players will see.

Jan 24, 2024
  69. Strawberry replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

DirectX 12 provides developers with low-level hardware access, the freedom to manage hardware resources themselves. Great idea for...

Jan 21, 2024
  70. Strawberry replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Most TLP players (actual players, not krono farmers), are looking for a predictable experience, a comfy food players go to where there's no...

Jan 5, 2024
  71. Strawberry replied to the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

Yep, the concepts are copied from other RPG. Many single player RPG have these concepts, not just MMO. An example is Dragon's Dogma,...

Dec 26, 2023
  72. Strawberry replied to the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

It's an alter-ego that retains the flags, inventory, all/all gear and mercs, of the original character. But the alter-ego starts at lvl 1....

Dec 25, 2023
  73. Strawberry replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Players new to Everquest or RPG are generally completely lost. They often don't even understand the basic gameplay loop. Kill/Quest →...

Dec 24, 2023
  74. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

Maybe back when raids went through Inktu`Ta and Txevu it looked like that. Nowadays raiding looks like this: Even grouping has...

Dec 4, 2023
  75. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

What is this notion that EQ players are suddenly too dumb and too scared to learn anything new? I thought raiding was supposed to...

Dec 4, 2023
  76. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

After the initial excitement of defeating a monster for the first time, EQ raiding turns into a checkbox list of mobs you can farm from...

Dec 4, 2023
  77. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

What a weird stand to take. Advocating for mindless easymode raids so you can "goof off" in discord and are never challenged. A game...

Dec 4, 2023
  78. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

I don't think it's a good thing. Static raids and predictable mechanics allow strict raid schedules to exist. Predictability saps all...

Dec 3, 2023
  79. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

EQ has a minimal discovery phase, followed by repetition, farming the same content over and over, due to far too predictable mechanics...

Dec 3, 2023
  80. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

Wasting people's time is having to wait 30 minutes for 54 people to log in, spending 15 minutes buffing, and having 5 minutes of...

Dec 3, 2023
  81. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

Yes, a memorable adventure where Alice discovers Underland. Where monsters wander and don't wait for you to knock on their door, where...

Dec 3, 2023
  82. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

Raids aren't nearly as bad as tradeskills. They just lack the ingredients to turn them into individual adventures that are memorable.

Dec 3, 2023
  83. Strawberry replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

It should feel like an adventure, not filling out a document with checkboxes. You should not be porting to an event and get something...

Dec 3, 2023
  84. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Raiding is far too easy and too predictable.

"We raid monday to thursday, from 08.00 to 10.30." What is wrong with this statement. Well, it's boring isn't it. A podiatrist would...

Dec 3, 2023
  85. Strawberry replied to the thread Bard Do's and Dont's.

Pauses are always free, you don't waste a macro line with them. You should incorporate tiny pauses between each command because EQ tends to...

Dec 2, 2023
  86. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

Full screen gives the game priority GPU access, but the mode sucks, it has a tendency to crash the game or even desktop when you...

Nov 20, 2023
  87. Strawberry replied to the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

Nothing about crafting is rough, it's a giant time sink. That's why people avoid it. That's why you sell TS stuff on your vendor. Not...

Nov 19, 2023
  88. Strawberry replied to the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

You are successfully selling tradeskill items, because no one else wants to touch crafting with a 10 foot pole. People give you money,...

Nov 19, 2023
  89. Strawberry posted a new thread.

Crafting should be removed from EQ.

Crafting has been in EQ for a long time. It had ample chance to evolve in something more meaningful than farming material and clicking...

Nov 19, 2023
  90. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

They should make crafting in EQ like Dragon's Dogma. In Dragon's Dogma you can just duplicate items by going to an NPC skilled in forgery,...

Nov 19, 2023
  91. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

Right, I said in-line in my post. Just let people type "calc 1+1" in their chatbox and print out the result. Do it like Powershell does...

Nov 19, 2023
  92. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

"amount of work" "havoc" It literally takes zero work to implement a calculator, a CPU is a calculator. Arithmetic operations are...

Nov 19, 2023
  93. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

Let's not exagerate. Adding an in-line calculator in EQ would be 10 lines of code. A CPU is a calculator, it's stupid easy to code a...

Nov 19, 2023
  94. Strawberry replied to the thread Suggestion: Calculator.

[IMG]

Nov 19, 2023
  95. Strawberry replied to the thread Needs to be a new way to switch between toons..

You guys need to learn how to use Microsoft's Powershell ISE and Powertoys. Literally everything discussed in this thread can be done out...

Nov 14, 2023
  96. Strawberry replied to the thread [Mischief] Monk vs . . Wizard?.

Monks do about the same sustain DPS as rogues and zerkers in UF. And they do maybe 80% of the burn DPS. There's many raids in UF where...

Nov 6, 2023
  97. Strawberry replied to the thread What if EG7 were to purchase Visionary Realms?.

Visionary Realms is not a gaming studio. It is some kind a scam with nepotism hiring criteria. These people working at Visionary Realms are...

Oct 29, 2023