Fian's Recent Activity

1. Fian liked Barton's post in the thread Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs.

I agree making Merc AA easier in the future is not taking things away or punishing people who ground them out and had the use of them...

Jan 14, 2021
  2. Fian liked Accipiter's post in the thread Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs.

I, too, worked hard for my merc AAs. Unlike you, though, I would be glad to see autogrant AAs for mercs.

Jan 14, 2021
  3. Fian liked menown's post in the thread Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs.

These Merc AAs are ridiculously tedious to grind out. At this point, it is faster to do Overseers everyday than to grind experience with a...

Jan 14, 2021
  4. Fian replied to the thread Is this perception wrong?.

While some nostalgia is nice, Velious especially has been over done. How many different Crystal Caverns do we have now? I know there are...

Dec 23, 2020
  5. Fian posted a new thread.

Collection drop rate is too low in COV

It has gotten to the point, I just don't even want to try any more.

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Dec 23, 2020
  6. Fian replied to the thread Dragon Necropolis (COV) the best zone in the expansion.

Inquisitor is related to a different quest. And he is very far in. https://cov.eqresource.com/ratsofafeather.php

Dec 15, 2020
  7. Fian replied to the thread Should they bump up the kill count on merc quests?.

Not exactly what I am saying. WW Partisan quest was effectively kill 100 mobs to get the 20 you need. Whether they kept it the same, or...

Dec 14, 2020
  8. Fian posted a new thread.

Should they bump up the kill count on merc quests?

One of the WW partisan quests have you kill 20 uncommon mobs, so when clearing out the common ones, it is more like 100 mobs you have to...

Dec 14, 2020
  9. Fian posted a new thread.

Enc AA damage boost missing

Apparently no upgrade was given to Destructive Fury and Destructive Cascade AA, so the only damage increase for enchanter is 6% increase to...

Forum: Bug Reports

Dec 14, 2020
  10. Fian replied to the thread Dragon Necropolis (COV) the best zone in the expansion.

I forgot one other trick that they do. There are some snakes in the tunnels, and they blend in to the ground. I never see them before...

Dec 14, 2020
  11. Fian replied to the thread Dragon Necropolis (COV) the best zone in the expansion.

I have a mixed feeling about the Sleeper quests. By having you run to all of the other zones in the game, it made it feel like the...

Dec 13, 2020
  12. Fian posted a new thread.

Aayonar mission does not reset

Everyone died (I gated) and when I returned boss was still up, but the orbs had not despawned, so it appears that the mission did not...

Dec 12, 2020
  13. Fian posted a new thread.

Dragon Necropolis (COV) the best zone in the expansion

Like the rest of the zones, I took the strategy of getting all 3 partisan and all 3 merc tasks before working on any of them. When you...

Dec 12, 2020
  14. Fian posted a new thread.

Not a single group partisan in the COV expansion

Having completed all merc and partisan tasks, I can now confirm that there is not a single group quest among them. Everything is solo....

Dec 12, 2020
  15. Fian liked Jumbur's post in the thread Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?.

I think the merchant camp in western wastes would have a better destination for the teleport clicky.

Dec 12, 2020
  16. Fian posted a new thread.

Level 112 cannot get WW partisan Thach Haul

TOV quests were restricted to 100+. I assume at minimum, level 105 should be able to get these quests.

Dec 9, 2020
  17. Fian replied to the thread Off topic HULU.

We opted to cancel our Cable TV subscription and went with Hulu Live instead. Cut the bill to about half. So far we are liking it.

Dec 8, 2020
  18. Fian replied to the thread What is the most Challenging Raiding expansion (that wasn't/isn't broken).

I think ROS should also get a mention from a weak raid guild perspective. To access the T2 raids you needed to have EOK T3 raid(s) on farm...

Dec 8, 2020
  19. Fian liked Razorfall's post in the thread What is the most Challenging Raiding expansion (that wasn't/isn't broken).

Mearatas is actually not all that hard...until it gets to 25% I feel like that last 25% was designed when someone had a bad day, and they...

Dec 8, 2020
  20. Fian liked Yinla's post in the thread No More Kunark or Velious remakes ever again PLEASE.

I read the first 2 lines and gave up.

Nov 21, 2020
  21. Fian replied to the thread Beastlord's need rampage mitigation.

I was playing with max melee, and it is so razor thin, if it exists at all. If that is the solution that they want, they need to make that...

Nov 3, 2020
  22. Fian posted a new thread.

Better type 5 augments

Currently, each expansion we get the following type 5 augments: 1 Tradeskill type 5 (Lore) 1 Dropped type 5 (Lore) unlimited currency...

Nov 2, 2020
  23. Fian posted a new thread.

Beastlord's need rampage mitigation

Tried out Velk's raid with my beastlord and he was "one-shotted" by the main boss's wild rampage. Wild rampage consists of 4 hits that can...

Forum: Hybrid

Nov 2, 2020
  24. Fian replied to the thread Blatant botting is completely out of hand.

As I understand it, the problem is a GM sends a botter a tell, the message is then forwarded to the botter's smart phone, they can then...

Nov 2, 2020
  25. Fian replied to the thread PLZ FIX CAT CHANNELS.

This has been like 2 days with no word? Doesn't anyone watch the servers over the weekend?

Nov 2, 2020
  26. Fian replied to the thread Another feature request! Older expansion currency -> Heirloom?.

I am all for having group and raid currency flagged to heirloom, but keep in mind that if you don't run the raids/quests, often the...

Oct 27, 2020
  27. Fian replied to the thread Achievements Ruined the Spirt of the Game.

I wish they would convert the PoP flagging system to achievements. Achievements is better than what we had before.

Oct 27, 2020
  28. Fian replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

I like this proposal. When an expansion is released, they try and make the treadmill take a year to complete. Doing old content that is...

Oct 22, 2020
  29. Fian replied to the thread If your class could have one thing another class has....

As an enchanter, I would love an effective heal spell. On a more practical note, I think enchanter should get group double invis (they...

Oct 15, 2020
  30. Fian replied to the thread New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan.

TBM is the best modern expansion. It is when I came back to EQ and totally hooked me on playing the game. I loved the short quests that...

Oct 14, 2020
  31. Fian replied to the thread Best way to obtain new Power Sources?.

I think I like TDS (PS drops predicted by zone) best, but I believe you also need a crafted PS for those that have a hard time farming....

Sep 29, 2020
  32. Fian replied to the thread [Feedback/Request] Enchanting, Imbueing, and Making Mana.

Imbued gems aren't used in that many recipes, so I don't know that it is worth the effort to do a greater mass enchantment for them. I...

Sep 29, 2020
  33. Fian replied to the thread Next expansion idea.. one zone anyone from any server can...

Other MMORPG have set things up that group missions can span servers, and they are auto-formed looking for certain classes. So, it is...

Sep 29, 2020
  34. Fian posted a new thread.

Best way to obtain new Power Sources?

In recent history, we have seen 3 different ways of obtaining PowerSources: TDS - off of named, PS that drops is based off of zone (with...

Sep 28, 2020
  35. Fian replied to the thread Froststone Teleport in Dwarf Heritage Crate.

If Europe wants to regulate games with a random number generator, then they can block access to EQ game and be left behind. Frankly,...

Sep 27, 2020
  36. Fian replied to the thread [Suggestion] Overseer retirement options.

I still need to finish a few of the categories to rank 5, but even then I will it find it useful. Still need research materials, plus my...

Sep 18, 2020
  37. Fian replied to the thread [Suggestion] Overseer retirement options.

I like that OverSeer does not award AA. Let's force people to actually hunt to level at least one aspect of their character.

Sep 18, 2020
  38. Fian replied to the thread New game idea to encourage players to make alts.

By this time in the past, DB would confirm that there is a new expansion coming even if there weren't any details yet. So far, we haven't...

Sep 8, 2020
  39. Fian posted a new thread.

New game idea to encourage players to make alts

I have a suspicion that new expansion will be delayed this year since we normally hear something announced by now. If true, darkpaw will...

Sep 7, 2020
  40. Fian replied to the thread You asked!: Torment of Velious is on Sale!.

I have a suspicion that Darkpaw won't be in a position to release a new expansion by Christmas. Besides the server farm move, they...

Sep 7, 2020