Idea for a raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Fian Augur

I actually had this idea for raid in a dream this morning.

Raid has a track with boss inactive. To start the raid, members of your raid force have to run around the track. The more laps individual members do, the more effect they have on waking the raid boss. The more laps they do, the more obstacles are placed on the raid force. It may just slow them down, or it may hurt them. After enough laps, raid boss awakens. At this point, you could have the raid go in one of 2 ways. One, is more of the same. No one is tanking. Healers do have to heal injured players from obstacles. Laps slowly weaken raid boss. Or if you want to let tanks tank, you could have mini-bosses spawn that require tanking. Some groups would be focused on killing those mini, while others continue to run laps to weaken the main boss. If you wanted, you could have an enraged raid boss at 20% health eventually attack the players for a traditional fight at the end.
  2. Knifen Augur

We have enough problems getting 12 people to run to the raid to set the banner consistently, I don't think id want to count on these same people to do running all event.
  3. Alnitak Augur

I have a better idea! Every expansion should have a "Zlandicar" raid: burn in 3 minutes or less and open the chest.
    Of course, for those who like their teeth pulled keep making those elaborate raids, but for the rest of simple folks of Ykesha - just make 1 burn-and-loot raid per expansion.
    Flatchy and FranktheBank like this.
  4. Ozon Augur

This sounds vaguely like a event in Ashengate with the drake dropping eggs, can't remember the name though.
  5. FYAD Augur

Yes, but you need to have a mechanic that forces the raid to meet a fairly high dps check in order to win or get overrun.
  6. fransisco Augur

And this is why group content in group gear is actually more difficult than raiding is nowadays. Port somewhere, burn for 3 minutes loot and done.
    Zinth likes this.
  7. Opal Journeyman

OR the amount of loot in the chest is dependent on the burn time
  8. Opal Journeyman

what if they made an algorithm for each player based on past raid performance and everyone just zones in and it calculates weather or not you win and get loot
    fransisco likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

So basically raids are too easy,
    stand still and turn the autoattack on,
    go make a sandwich, boss still hp left, mine as well turn on some tv, and when commercial comes boss will be dead.

So to counter that, you want people to run in circles?

I'd say, EQ needs to do a 40% kill stuff and quests 60% new modern day stuff expansion.
    Dodgeroll, gliding, modern stuff, several other stuff missing in EQ. Riding a mount and using mounted abilities.

Since all of that is missing, stuck with these limited uniqueness raids.

Theres no animation so can't do anything about a fireball raining down somewhere.
    Theres no sound so can't do like music is getting louder and you gotta seek cover or something
    Theres no dodgeroll so, stuck simple mechanics of EQ
    Theres no gliding so, theres not much you can do moving around the environment
    This is why EQ is really easy for people playing it, compared to what they have to go through in modern day games.

Thats why should be 40% kill stuff and quests, 60% focus on new modern day stuff, get EQ modernized. Expansion.

See this boss,

It moves, you can't just go afk, can't turn on box armies autoattack, can't just place yourself at a spot and autoattack thats it. No its not simple.

With what EQ has currently.
    Bosses need to be moving a lot more.
    Not the players, the players needs to be adjusting from what the boss is doing/moving.

disgustingly easy,
    pull the boss,
    everyone runs to the boss
    everyone turns on their autoattack
    the boss doesn't do much, still standing in its spot.
    come back in 5 to 10 mins, boss dead

easy

Boss is the problem, too easy, they don't do much.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I'm on board with this, as long as the people running have to stop to change their foot gear every few laps.