Is anyone gonna play tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lamberduim, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

The problem with your view is that you're not accounting for the big number of people that will play on the 'pay to win' server to make krono mainly through GDKP runs.

What they do with all that krono? Ask them . But its a thing and it's 'the' thing for many.

You don't get that abundance of gear without the kronoboys farming it for you.
  2. Ddezul Augur

Thank you , Captain Rizlona.
    Bonemelter and Lineater like this.
  3. Erekai Journeyman

Tormax will be a ghost town.
  4. IheartEQ Elder

A smaller population just means that you get to know everyone better. :D
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

Uhh what? No? Guilds get plenty of gear without buying it from "kronoboys". I feel like this is yet another person who has no idea what Mischief is actually like and is just making things up.

Plenty of folks would play on a theoretical no krono version of mischief. They would just RMT in other ways.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  6. Hamshire Augur

Teek is going to be a 5-10hr que and a lot of people in that que will play on Tormax in the meantime, a lot of groups will kick off, get together, get to camps, then have 1-2 people /q as they get through the que, its going to be annoying. One thing I fear most about Tormax is so little will play on it that yes you might be able to find a group but for an iksar for example you might need to run from Field of Bone to Crushbone or a Gnome might need to run from Steamfont to Commonlands to find a group and this will also be annoying.
    [IMG]
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You should give Teek a shot. That ruleset is far more fun than it sounds. I felt the same way like you about Mischief, but tried it and it ended up as my favourite TLP of all time.
  8. Arclyte Augur

tormax will be perfectly fine for about a year until the next set of TLPs come out and kill it
    Intercept and fransisco like this.
  9. Draxpiss Draxis

Pretty much Tormax will be the more popular of the two servers until next year.
  10. Crimson Violet New Member

I am considering Tormax but the guild choices feel slim. I am actually considering making a guild and going to Tormax.
  11. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

They should just make Tormax the Teek overflow server with same rules etc.

BOOM! Teek que problem fixed. If the Tormax wannabes want a "TLP classic experience", there's plenty of established TLPs already, pick one.

To everyone who think they want to play on Tormax: You think you do, but you don't.
  12. Crimson Violet New Member

As long as it does not have free-trade, I don't care if it is just me and my boxes. I will still prefer Tormax over Teek.
  13. Celatusp99 Augur

If its just you and you're boxes what do you care if its free trade? The amount of problems fixed with free trade is staggering.
  14. Crimson Violet New Member

It's not just me and my boxes though. I am just saying I would prefer to play without free-trade even if it is just myself. How is that hard for you to comprehend?
  15. Celatusp99 Augur

Pretty hard as free trade is awesome and leads to servers with higher populations with better economies. Not to mention it sucks if you miss loot something to a box and you can fix it with the trade window.
  16. Crimson Violet New Member

I understand benefits on Free-trade. I just do not like it. Why you trying to convince me to play free-trade?
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Celatusp99 Augur

I would think with the guilds already committed to Teek that's going to be pretty hard to pull off. The faceless clone discord has something like 150 people. The one im in has about 80 not sure how much crossover there is but still many more guilds have committed to Teek.
  18. Celatusp99 Augur

I'm not play what you like lol.
  19. Sheila Elder

A big topic of this and other threads has been, what do people really want? And Tormax seems like a very small porportion of that. This isn't to convince you that one ruleset is better than others, but to keep on the topic.

IMO EQ would be better served with Tormax with some type of adjusted ruleset, otherwise it'll just be another dead server a year in. While this might be the best fit for you, as a player, I'm not sure it's great for everyone else or EQ. They have been slow to offer solutions, offer migrations or offer merging servers, so you'll be on a server with maybe one raiding guild in the long run.

It's great to see people still interested in the TLP "standard" format that they've used several times. It's not great to see the signs on the forums, discord and guild recruiting that Tormax isn't going to get off the ground.

A few suggestions that have been made:
    - Oakwynd clone
    - Rizlona clone
    - Special Events
    - Overflow server for Teek
    - Overflow server for Teek w/ boxing enabled at start
    - Extra Exp

I have no idea if any of those solutions would offer a good long term life for Tormax. Overflow of some type maybe with a later merge is what sounds like the easiest for me. I'm also a big advocate for an overflow with no truebox limit at the start. But regardless of your stance, if you aren't concerned at the signs of Tormax, then you probably haven't played past PoP as watching the server populations dwindle sucks. And watching the aggrivation of servers I haven't played on go through that also isn't great. I'd prefer they not let that continue to happen when they may be able to help.
  20. Ddezul Augur

Internet forums are full of the vocal minority.
    Enjoy your choice of server!