Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Zrae Journeyman

Add it end of discussion.
  2. Kunfo Augur

If we are broadening this thread to unintended consequences...

Tagging Kael mobs for faction = no longer a thing

Monk PLing = no longer a thing

Dragging mobs out of the entrance in PoF (or wherever) to clear for your raid/group = no longer a thing
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Stagentti Augur

Google the definition of "assumption" then use your eyes to read and brain to comprehend.
  4. Kunfo Augur

I just showed you textual evidence. There is also video evidence in the Everquest show vid. That's not an "assumption". I'm not sure you understand what "assumption" means.
    Phoenix17 likes this.
  5. Zrae Journeyman

slap in the face here
  6. SirGaynar New Member

Server name, guild name and screenshots please, I truly do no believe you on any level. I have been in SUPER SUPER casual guilds and even they had lots of box alts.
  7. Aiona Augur

You have it backwards. Boxers are casuals. Hilarious.
    Boxers can't be bothered to struggle with leveling and playing one character. That is pretty hard core. Just like playing 6 characters at once is 'hardcore'.

Leveling a Cleric to max, solo? Hardcore. YOU might call dumb, or a waste of time. Some folks like be challenged in different ways, and enjoy things differently than others.

You also fail at reading. I have 3 accounts, I play them all, sometimes, but I don't play them all, all the time. And on TLP's, I prefer to play one character if I can find a group or partner (this doesn't mean I never box, and it doesn't mean I don't have alts on other accounts on TLPs).
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Vindar Augur

Nope, that would be you. Your average player isn't going to bother setting up an additional PC just to play EQ. Believe it or not, a lot of people just want to log in and have some fun and not have to deal with the hassle of boxing a character.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Sakuraba Augur

Boxers are people who tend not to be capable of playing nice with others unless there's some massive benefit to them, mostly. Unfortunately.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

That's how they start. Bank Mules and Bazaar mules.

Then daddy needs 12 Divine Rezzes a day.

or a three box of level 71 in HH gear that runs campfires and CotH so I don't waste buffage

Or shammy buffs on the other 12 characters on the shammy account, so roll one on the cleric account and vice versa.

So many slots! Many people like this!

they sell character slots <TO BOX ACCOUNTS TOO!> Can you believe it??

24 years of this?

Heck, anything is possible!

Hmm what character do I kill the deity of my main with?

Hmm noone casting mana buffs during my normal play times. gotta roll your own.

I do all tradeskills and needed a rog / shm /gnome and ENC has home field advantage on enchanted stuffs..

Oh heck. I need another <exodus> caster

You know, we could really use a wizzy to get to the other portals and NOT aggro the druid ring with the SHD

Help help I can't stop....

and still raid on 2 servers /shrug.

I must be doing this wrong.

Sorry!!

/cough
  11. Thewiz Augur

Make it so Devs!
  12. Stagentti Augur

Them saying it will be their first attempt doesn't equate to that is the feature being brought to Live.

You keep acting like your assumptions are proven fact, which they aren't.

Until the devs say which feature is being considered or brought to Live everything you're claiming as fact is an assumption.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Larsen Augur

Yeah, kinda feels like they wrote the "we're doing something truly experimental this year, guys!" part when they meant to add personal loot and then forgot to retcon that when they changed to the largely immaterial fluff that is Oakwynd's ruleset. I guess the encounter locking will lead to a few isolated gameplay quirks that will matter once or twice a week outside of the efreeti camp, but by and large, this new TLP looks like it's barely any different from a completely generic standard one. Who's gonna give a darn about +25% faction in Velious and whatnot? The expansion-based bonuses don't reach meaningful levels until a point beyond when ordinary TLPs die out. Mischief is the only exception to that.

This 'truly experimental' TLP is less experimental than both Mischief and Vaniki. Like, way less. Hilariously less. It's like introducing this truly experimental new weapon, the sling, after the cannon and flintlock have already been invented. Frankly bizarre. Oakwynd sounds like such a nothingburger. The encounter lock will have essentially no impact on everyday gameplay, it just changes the way that people will go about kill-stealing in the select few places where that's a thing. It's not going to be something that defines the server. It's nothing. People just remember the two times they got KSed and pretend it's some widespread issue. This mechanic is not worth devoting an entire TLP to. It should have been a sidenote, not the selling point.

In no conceivable way is this experimental. It's a minor change to a game mechanic that almost never affects anybody because contrary to what hysterics like to claim, it's not as if there are teams of KSers roaming the world sniping your nameds. It's like one or two camps per expansion, and really only for the first few months of a TLP. KSing pretty much stops being a thing already in Velious, to be quite honest, where dungeon loot ceases to be relevant. Who cares?
    KobalWR, Vicus, Jakken and 1 other person like this.
  14. Hdizzle Augur

Nah bro, thats what the sweet faction bonus during velious is for... You have to play the way the devs envision it, if you play'd on live you'd know already (you might who knows /shrug)

I truly feel bad for you peeps who reroll every year. The FTE thing is very lame. Although i might make a necro just to be annoying during classic Lol.
    Kunfo likes this.
  15. Jontrann Augur

Would rather have the personal loot then this trash.
    Kunfo likes this.
  16. Vindar Augur

Couldn't care less if you don't believe me. Use your head. Most people who play this game are in there 30's and 40's with families and other hobbies. Your average player doesn't want to deal with the hassle of having to setup another PC and box a character and pay for another account.
    Fallfyres, Laronk and Aiona like this.
  17. Sakuraba Augur

The fact that people are willing to attack the server before even playing it tells me all I need to know; the devs are doing the right thing.
  18. Kunfo Augur

Let me make it simple for you, if they are saying "first attempt" about one of three features, but not the other two, what would follow is that there will be "further attempts" about that one feature, not the other two.

Also, how is bonus xp "experimental"? Have we not gotten several different versions of account-wide, game-wide, and sever-wide xp bonuses before?

Also, what even are you trying to argue here? You are adamantly trying to defend a position that the OP makes an assumption. So what if he is? You're trying to argue that releasing an untested (and bad, even if it works perfectly) feature is fine, because there's a chance it might not be the one they push to all servers? What exactly is the merit to what you are saying?

I don't really understand your purpose in this thread tbh.
    Phoenix17 and Thatoneguy666 like this.
  19. Aiona Augur

I added more to my reply to explain, it didn't make sense at first.

In any case, you're generalizing too.

Knock it off. :D
    Hdizzle likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

....except the outlier that is Mischief.......

the more successful and populated one, that everyone believes has a better chance of actually matttering and supporting raid guild(S) with a capital S through live and reaching live with, you know, friends you leveled up with rather than bailing to yet another TLP next year.

Ragefire raid guilds died on Underfoot and merged.

i've raided UF 6 times now and all 6 times the guild scene just died between UF and VoA.

This is pretty spot on

a Mischief loot rulest on this new server would probably split BOTH populations, sell stuff to the same amount of players and make both servers less viable post Underfoot.