Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Community resource council has some of the brightest minds in the player base. I'm impressed.
  2. Triconx Augur

Oh you sad your sources were wrong again? Get better sources
  3. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Regardless of who is younger and sharper....There is no way it's 225% loot. It's 125% of the NORMAL loot. Which is 5 loots instead of 4. Which is 25% MORE.

This is painfully obvious just by reading the list of bonuses.
  4. Zrender Augur

This! Exactly. I want a server that requires you to actually level your character yourself AND get no-trade loot yourself. If people want to buy their way to success, fine, Mischief/Thornblade/FV are there for that. I want this server to go in the opposite direction by tuning the encounter lock idea to eliminate PLing completely by requiring all group members to have some form of aggro (no afk) and also setting it so that you need to have had aggro to get no-trade loot. If done well this could eliminate PLing, training and xp leeching.
    Fallfyres and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  5. Triconx Augur

I will admit my mistake and I found the clarification post. Normal % announcements are additive, much like when they announce % bonus to exp.

It's not painfully obvious if you had any previous knowledge of DPG's continuously changing vernacular.
  6. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I never had any sources.
  7. Triconx Augur

Yeah, we know. You're just a troll
  8. SirGaynar New Member

You my friend are a small minority.
  9. Triconx Augur

I'm enjoying reading the rants from a bunch of random coming out of the wood work.

This ruleset is a casual player dream. Nice modifiers to help people catch up or keep up, more loot, easier progression and faction grinds, more currency to buy more gear/spells, etc.

People should be very excited about the ruleset, but are too busy complaining about an extra added bonus for people who may have multiple characters on the same account. Pathetic.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Tyranthraxus Grognard

The whole point of an alt is to have extra bankspace.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  11. SirGaynar New Member

The point I am trying to make is that this feature is what they are marketing as a major selling point of the new TLP, and I am pointing out that this feature will be useless to the vast majority of their top paying customers, people like me who play 3 accounts, buy XP potions, buy all expansions, get all the largest bags etc.

I see this as a normal server ruleset with nothing special.

This game runs on a 100$ laptop off Amazon, playing multiple accounts on a Truebox server is EXTREMELY common, and after 3-4 expansions becomes almost MANDITORY to keep most raiding guilds going.

I have played on a TLP server every year since Fippy and I can assure you, the casual player like yourself quit after Kunark and the rest of us have to end up making boxes just to keep raiding.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

correct =/= entitled.

Standing up for yourself is not entitlement.

Pushing untested changes because you suspect they might fail or be unpopular, so not announcing it until it was written in stone?

Is entitlement.

and Hubris.

This how Wargaming implements changes.

Why I'm no longer willing to CC for them. I used to have a WoT/WoWS channel.

Blizzard makes these moves too.

Also why I'm not there anymore.

People have been screaming out for fixes, like LAG and Umbral Plains triggered mobs and so forth for literal YEARS, but they dev this noise instead?

THEN make players pay to play in untested mechanics, which no doubt, some players will "creatively exploit" (Usually the raider set, who always has the devs ears)
    Phoenix17 likes this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and FWIW "let's be clear about this" presents no argument.

The argument is:

TLP's are not an opportunity to beta test new features for live and beyond. That is what test server is for. Do you not understand the majority of people that play on TLP's are playing for the nostalgia and don't want feature changes of this magnitude?
    Phoenix17 likes this.
  14. Triconx Augur

What features are you testing for live? Very few of these rulesets would make a massive effect in live. Do you even know anything about Live game play to make this claim?
    Lejaun, Aiona and Lubianx like this.
  15. chieftain princess New Member

adding free trade would make this so much better. i love playing alts, but hate boxing, so the rules are helpful for me. but not being able to use my hard earned gear on another character is a deal breaker
  16. SirGaynar New Member

You do realize those "Nice Modifiers" are likely going to be additive bonuses right and not multiplicative? Knowing them when they say 125% experience it will be absolutely no where near the 225% exp per kill you might hope for but actually 25%.

And as for the modifiers why does classic get NOTHING???? How is the mob tagging a modifier???
  17. Jakken Journeyman

Citing "lifetime posts" is pretty ignorant. Do you think people are creating alternate accounts/using their boxes to puppet their views? Or are people who are usually silent coming out in droves to protest this ridiculous ruleset?
    Just because someone isn't a longtime forum warrior doesn't make their opinions invalid, its the masses speaking up to try and save the game they love.
    Khanfu and Makin like this.
  18. Makin Apprentice

It is true that today and on this account would be my first time coming to the forums to voice my opinion regarding the new ruleset, it does not mean I'm a new or inexperienced player. Where I may not have been playing for decades, I have been playing on and off with 3 different accounts for the last several years primary for TLP releases. But I was also here for the retail release of the game in 1999 as well as its first 3 expansions' RoK - SoV -and tSoL. So yes I do remember the game before Krons or the real money transactions.

Just because you are able to view another users profile does not mean you are able to speak for that persons entire history or experience with the game.

Not sure who else you are referring to when you say "we" But I'm glad you have supported the game for this long, If I was able to give golden stars on your "good on you" chart I would.

I have no idea what your trying to say here, or who you are directing this towards.

You know I came here to share my thoughts and opinions, as I did, not to be judge by some random person on the internet who viewed a profile and believes this gives them the right to interpret my experience or gaming history biased on nominal information. Its like reading the name of a restaurant in a town you never visited, never looking at the menu, then critique the food there that you never ate.
  19. Triconx Augur

And it's still more exp than a regular TLP by a solid margin so that still is a nice modifier. Are you so entitled and conceited that a 25% static gain in exp doesn't constitute as good?
  20. Pixnmode Journeyman

Get rid of FTE mechanic and server has a chance. With fte i doubt server has a high population past first 2-3 months.
    Joules_Bianchi, Khanfu and Kunfo like this.