If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

When was this request from the dev's?

Have to be mindful of other things happening too.
    Like if it was sometime when some server was getting a new expansion release or crunch time for vaniki server a week left before everyone levels and will be harder to get the achievement.
    Level 50 and 55 cap increases was huge crunchtime on Vaniki. Apparently many didn't make it and many dropped off because of it.

Only thing I recall is some pvp event someone giving away 100+ kronos, don't remember the details besides they giving away 100+ kronos, but it was during crunchtime on a TLP I was playing on.

Timing is everything, if that so called dev request happened. You time it around a dry phase, not during a crunchtime/sprint phase.

I believe that krono event had high show up. Probably what spurred dev to do his request.

Now what you see is,
    krono event had high showup
    dev event had no shows

advertising/engagement, interest, knowing the community these help determine success chances.

You guys say they posted on forums, you aint even list them. Probably can't find em that probably why no one that does pvp could find them either and even knew about it.

Also, the pvp'ers they already did the most senseable thing to do, if pvp is bad on one game, and you enjoy pvp, look for a game that is good at it. Which means they not here. So your advertising has to be enough reach to reach those that are not even here.

Cite your sources if you speaking of sources.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/150-krono-being-given-away.283429/
    that was a success from what I remember. I don't recall no dev request on pvp server.
    So I never heard of that nonsense. Terrible reach they did to do that request. Lack of effort. You don't put in effort don't expect results. Probably a long time ago, when all games had no interest or something?
    Timing is everything and effort has impact as well. If your not interested and promoting something your vibe is going to show and no one interested because you are not excited trying to put effort into making something successful, putting effort looking for information.

PvP'er doing pvp event giving away 150 kronos. Thats something big. Thanks PvP'er.

Thats like giving away 100 subscriptions on twitch. Usually the streamer tries and does something for them because that is a big thank you.

EQ??? What they do? You tell me.

EQ Dev showing up when the PvP community does something? Did a dev show up to that?
    $2700 was invested from that event. Thats like a paycheck. Any dev's show up? Since we talking about showing up.

There was a lot of time ahead for them to make time to show up too. This is something I was aware of, the reach of this event got to me. They did great. I didn't show it appears it was a week or two after TLPs came out, everyone is grinding the weeks after a TLP comes out, and they still had success.

Even had some quest/story with the promotion, see thats how you advertise. Put in effort. Simple. Only thing could been better was maybe twitch livestream while hosting the event. have videos to use for later promotions then.
  2. Vewdue Elder

Yeah, let me get right on that, so we can have another player made post that turns into a Dumpster Fire of a thread like always... Do you seriously think a player made post will have any kind of success, for any kind of idea? A players reach is a fraction of the reach DBG could do with a simple post of their own.
  3. Triconx Augur

I feel like this is the twilight zone. Go find it yourself. It's been referenced on this very thread multiple times. Why are PVP proponents like talking to walls?

Furthermore, I'm not the one stating they were posting on websites and forums and whatnot. I'm not posting sources because they aren't my sources to post. Are you misreading what I wrote and taking what I said as things that have occurred? No, I'm saying go out and DO those things.

Walk the walk. Not talk the talk.
    Lejaun likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seem happy enough creating threads saying a new TLP PvP server should be created even though you say they have the same problem. While it won't be simple and will require some work there is no reason you can't start a thread on these forums and other places to start organizing an event to show that there is demand for such a server.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah go find it myself.
    It never reached me, nah not happening.

I cited my sources you cannot even find this very well exclusive big shot dev request.
    easy find https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/150-krono-being-given-away.283429/ of my source of pvp interest.

If you cannot even find it again, it wasn't even that good, hence no one saw it.
    Don't go off of no interest when its based off something that hardly anyone saw.
    fail and do it again changing nothing, expect same results.
    Trying to do something with a bad attitude, expect bad results too. Find someone who is excited and wants it happen to attempt it. If all those developers/think tankers/visionaries hate PvP. Well where is the diversity then?

EQ people don't try hard enough.
    Talk about lack of hires, well back then it took a lot longer to write code, not much help, not much examples.
    Today, templates, examples, tons of help, its really easy to write code.

Difference they were inspired had good visions, motivated, groundbreaking, free back then.
    Now its either lack of freedom, lack of inspiration, lack of those things mentioned. Not paid enough, not wanting to do the tedious work, want someone else to do it.

Even advertising, it was a lot harder back then. So many revenues to go with advertising, you may get free advertising too.
    Whats EQ take on it? Is it lack of hires?
    There is templates, etc out there, its not hard. Just be consistent is all you really need, and some talking points.

Like if there is a new expansion, show footage, show a developer talking about it. 3 days later show more footage, show someone else talking about it. 3 days later more footage, someone talking about it. Simple. EQ cannot even do this.

Catering too much to beta raids they don't get any advertising out.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An event that even you admit you don't know what the turn out was like? And honestly I am not sure if people turning up at an event in order to win krono shows that they are actually interested in Everquest PvP or just want a shot at free krono.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Triconx Augur

I'm not the only trying to get PVP TLP started. I have no skin in the game. I should not be told to cite sources on something I'm not even trying to quote. Your posts make no sense. It seems like another deflection rather than an honest attempt. Any time the TLP PVP is asked to make an effort they disappear like cockroaches after the lights turn on.

Your one source is a good starting point. Unfortunately it does nothing to garner TLP PVP support as it wasn't releated to getting a PVP server created at all. But at least the live server players of Zek show effort and willingness to promote their server. Something that simply cannot be said for the "TLP" folks who can't muster up even the most meager of attempts.

This so called massive population of TLP PVPers is getting out performed by one of the most dead servers in the game. It's also sad that my many suggestions have contributed to more and served more constructive than 99.99% of TLP PVPers in this forum as it's been nothing but random quasi factoids, 2 decade posts from random people, conjecture, made up nonsense, etc. At least I provided some avenues to spread the word. What has anyone else here done besides vomit the same garbage over and over?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Way tl;Dr but a dev did reply that players would need to show interest in pvp to get anything happening, and the response was a player-run meetup on Zek that was very poorly attended.

I am not a PVP fan and I know this. If you are positioning yourself as an advocate for a pvp tlp perhaps you should get more involved with the eq pvp community and become familiar with their prior campaigns.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

It was good, I was talking to the event people in game. I did not show up because my schedule was already booked with TLP a week out and lots of stuff to do.

Where's your dev request? Still don't see it. That super hyped big shot dev request to see interest. That reached no one.

One thing you ignored, is that investment they put in themselves. $2700
    They don't just want PvP they really really reallllllly want it.

They probably playing MMOs that actually give a hoot about PvP, see what they have to offer, but diehard EQ, and very angry EQ is doing nothing. Does a $2700 event, EQ doesn't even appreciate it. PLing was involved so other players time was involved with the $2700.
  10. Triconx Augur

Even without a dev request, do you think the right approach to get a PVP server is to simply to nothing, show absolutely no interest, and then complain about it? If you want to get in shape and lose weight do you simply sit on your couch and post about how you're overweight? You want a PVP so bad be an advocate and start hosting events and posting everywhere. Otherwise, deal with the annual TLPs that are released.
    jeskola likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It has been pointed out when it has been said multiple times in the past.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

There was a PvP event, $2700 invested, and other people volunteering to PL people.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/150-krono-being-given-away.283429/
    Do nothing? They playing on other MMORPG's that what you do.
    Why take time out of enjoying PvP on an MMORPG that cares, to do a headcount on EQ? Have install this game again, and show up to headcount, these people living in the stone age?
    Just do a livestream of twitch dev vs dev and see how many people watch, if people watching dev vs dev PvP thats entertaining, its PvP they enjoying it if they watching that is how you do interest.

Other MMORPG population compared to this game, this game is a small town compared to the metros of other MMORPGs.
    OSRS, WoW similar aged MMORPGs, has a great PvP system, more populated.
    https://mmostats.com/game/old-school-runescape

EQ is the oddball with lower than those MMORPGs population. EQ has the problem. One thing is for sure its PvP is not even mentioned, existant.

Only thing people talk about really about EQ PvP, is good old days of Sullon Zek, the days before Rallos Zek merge.

Everyone knows about horde vs alliance
    Everyone knows about Runescapes, wilderness PvP area
    EQ, PvP? Good old days before Zek merge thats about it. Thats all ruleset. Not anything about balance or anything else, thats a ruleset thing.

Do nothing, you silly.
    It's called moving onto MMORPGs who actually do the job.

btw if your new to PvP scene
    there is a thing in PvP called zergs.
    Basically means a ton of high interested in PvP people come together and fight other zergs aka high interested in PvP people. 80+ vs 80+. Thats more than EQ raids.

Other games PvP scene alone is bigger than EQ raid scene
    Do something about it then? They show the interest in a game that actually cares, that's what you do about it.

**They don't play EQ, that affects EQ population. It shows, is EQ at the top, they are the ones who can make the demands? Nope. They the ones that need to get people, the ones who has to do the catering.
  13. Vewdue Elder

I haven't created a Single Thread requesting this, so try again... Every PvP thread that gets created turns into a Dumpster Fire of a thread, why should I think a new thread would be any different?

A player made event was already done years ago. As an active player interested in PvP, I heard nothing about it, like I said before. Several others have posted they heard nothing about it. Why should I do the same exact thing and expect a different result? A player made event just isn't going to be successful, for any EQ Idea, PvP or not. Players just don't have that kind of reach on the forums.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A single attempt was made and you are ready to give up but you are happy to keep a thread going asking for the same thing over and over again?
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

It is the same two people fighting against PVP every day. Would be interesting to find out what compels them to fight so hard. Ignore them, they are the minority.
  16. code-zero Augur

Since some people seem to have difficulty finding basic information

Everquest AMA answers to questions

Specifically this answer

Bottom line, play on Zek to prove real interest

Do not do an "event"

Do not have a Krono giveaway

Do not go "red" on a new TLP

DO GO PLAY ON ZEK!
  17. Vewdue Elder

Well, seeing how you're happy to post the same exact response to every Pro PvP comment, why not? I mean if you can constantly post against it, why can't I constantly post for it? It works both ways you know lol.
  18. Vindar Augur

We go through this every year, but go ahead and keep ignoring what the devs have said and waste more time arguing pointlessly.
  19. Vewdue Elder

I would rather not argue with the same people every year. Like I said in my posts above, I would be happy if we could manage 1 PvP discussion thread that doesn't turn into a Dumpster Fire with the same response posted to every Pro Comment. Every year this gets brought up and every year it ends with very little on topic discussion and a massive amount of the same comment posted multiple times. Most of my replies have been trying to get just this 1 point across lol. My actual on topic points go unanswered/unacknowledged or they just get lost in the sea of the other posts. I get the generic "Play on Zek" response over and over, with no real discussion.

Yes, the devs have said what was required several years ago. Yes, it probably still holds true. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to have an actual on topic discussion regarding PvP. It's getting old seeing the same comment over and over, year after year, from the same people. I would be happy if just 1 year this discussion didn't turn into a dumpster fire, because of that. We could have an actual on topic discussion with various PvP ideas, that don't get lost in the sea of "Play on Zek" comments. I didn't read probably 85% of this thread for that reason alone. I'm not going to sift through 10 pages of "Play on Zek" comments to try and find actual on topic posts, that aren't "Play on Zek".
  20. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Word on the street is that PvP tlp is on the table with updated leader boards and claimable account wide titles.