Strongest molo classes and their limits

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greyowl, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Enchanters are gods. Bow before us.
    silku likes this.
  2. Notinterested Augur

How can the BST do DPS in this situation? All they have is a couple weak dots and nukes. You cant stand and melee and have the pet hold aggro. Not saying a tank merc is better mind you but without tanking the mob a BSTs DPS is quite poor.
  3. Tegila Augur

true but their heals are worse. and if pet does die whose gonan heal the bst
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Watch me "molo" in xorbb or breeding grounds you'll understand
  5. Buds Augur

How does moloing help you get more exp as a necro??
  6. Siddar Augur

You can't really solo mobs that summon as necromancer without using disc.

Max exp = solo
    Killing mobs that summon = molo
    Named = Molo

The difference between necro solo and necro molo is simply clicking suspend merc are unsuspend merc.
  7. silku Augur

I dunno, charm does have a little of a learning curve but I'd consider it pretty much point and shoot easy most of the time. Occassionally the odd break at the wrong moment makes it a bit risky, but most of our tools even that out. Between stun runes, mez ward, and haste removal/stun on break it really isn't as hard as it was back when. It's still not as easy as a mage, but we get the benefit of being able to control adds etc.

In fact, I'd say that if your goal is soloing mobs for AA not many will beat an enchanter in speed most of the time. (Necro probably one of the few that can.) RoF has slowed that down quite a bit with no dual wielding mobs, but they still hit pretty nice. I will say though if your goal is to ever solo RoF nameds t1/t2, then the enchanter is out of the running.
  8. Hingabe Augur

bard charm kiting is more efficient than enchanter, but only because we can run away while casting.. but it still doesn't beat necro soloing... and its far from as good as landing a fantastic group in the right place(s)
  9. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I dunno, without a merc I can easily kill mobs 2 at a time as a chanter (let the enemy mob beat my pet down as I kill it, then kill my pet). With a wizard merc, I find moloing to be fast and efficient as a chanter.

I think most people mess up by thinking of our pet like a mage pet: a permanent tank. While I will use a healer merc sometimes (especially for named), most of the time I just stick with DPS.
  10. Tunks Journeyman

mage

/thread
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

cause it helps me do partisan tasks which are more exp then grinding?
    silku likes this.
  12. taellar New Member

as a bst i can solo\molo pretty good. I use my pet as MT with most of pet aa and em14 he can tank names in rof no problem. I am the healer and use a dps wizard merc, I also throw in a slow and a few dps spells as well as heal pet. I can take down mobs pretty fast with this method., just need to keep merc on balance so she dont over agro,
  13. Greyowl Augur

Ah, some first hand Bst info, thx Taellar !
  14. Notinterested Augur

This is true, hit selo aa and run while casting. Good fun.
  15. Notinterested Augur

First hand info from someone that pays his beast like a mage. Same thing just weaker, slower and less efficient than a mage would be.
  16. Rouan Augur

Just realize EM14 is a raid pet focus.
  17. taellar New Member

I beg to differ sir, I don't play my bst like a mage, i play my bst like a bst, a bst is not a tank, the bst pet is tank, I can slow and dps as well as be Main healer, with a dps merc how is that weaker slower or less efficient?
  18. taellar New Member

I was soloing fine with em 12 too in rof
  19. taellar New Member

whoever said monk is better soloer than bst doesnt have a clue
  20. Noobieguy Augur

You have a raid pet focus, which means you have at least some raid gear. You obviously think BSTs are pretty great, but there are classes that can solo / molo better than you. I know in group gear, it is not easy to solo / molo on my alt BST, in groups he is great, not so great without help.