Classic start FV LOOT PVP TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boogatti, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Xanathol Augur

/Duel already exists - next.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And most of that "interest" was people saying PvP was dead & eventually being proven right.

And I don't hate PvP, EQ's Sullon Zek server was fun for a short time too, but that was based on a system of rules that were almost like DAoC's RvRvR which I enjoyed even more.
    I really enjoyed WAR and the PvP in SWTOR too.

But EQ PvP is 99% dead, I've suggested ways to bring some PvP back without needing to have an entire server dedicated to it - I think players have moved on from that.
    EQ could have "instanced" PVP 3v3 team, 6v6 team, 24v24v24 capture the flag, king of the hill, last man standing, 54v54v54 warfronts with capture & defend points, maybe even a 12v12v12 3 team bloodbowl type PvP sports league with a leaderboard (this idea works best maybe if it's server v server capable too).

I even suggested that instead of players using their overpowered characters with unsuitabel for PvP spells they could all be using shrouds, like re-puprose the shroud system for PvP matches so that everyone is on an even footing and its all based on skill, all the shrouds would have are PvP tailored abilities & spells.
    Barraind likes this.
  3. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Oh my goodness, :rolleyes:
  4. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

358 views and counting. Just saying :).
  5. Trox2010 Augur

What the Devs should do is do this idea but instead of the normal unlock cycle that we have grown accustomed to is bring back the original Combine/Sleeper Unlock rules and just let the server go. Once the Unlock Conditions are met the next expansion opens up 1 week later no ifs, ands, or buts. Also no AoCs or anything like that. This Progression Server is all about finding out who the best of the best really is.

Also let it be known right off that this server will be a no CS Zone; someone botting 100 accounts locking you out of an area...kill them, someone trains your raid repeatedly....kill them, someone talk about your bald wife....kill them.
  6. Thewiz Augur

Mark my words: There will never be a PvP TLP server.
  7. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

8. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm hitting refresh for ya bro :)
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think the unfortunate thing is that a pvp TLP would be a smashing success (will submit it would probably have to be teams) but we know hackers would ruin it. If they could legitimately get a live guide to police just hacking I think it would easily pay for itself and be one of the more popular TLPs.

And let's face it, good ideas are not a pre-requisite to trying new servers (see Miragul).
    Corydon Coles and Hekkthebank like this.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

580 and rising!
  11. code-zero Augur

A while back I was in a guide event which was shrouded team PvP and it was a blast. Won a shield ornament and a title too. That sort of thing doesn't appeal to people who want to gank you after training you so they can steal your camp though
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Ginix Augur

same haters hating. bring on the PVP
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just goes to show my "Re-Purpose Shrouds for PvP" idea had at least some merit.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

My son's, choose the sword.

15. Kahna Augur

Why do you assume views mean interest in a PvP server? Most of us are just here for the train wreck.
    Zrender likes this.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

724 and STILL rising!
    Boogatti likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Instantly recognised the intro to that song as I saw the movie and it stuck with me ever since, it was banned in the UK shortly after its video release in 1983 & wasn't unbanned for over a decade.

[IMG]
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  18. mark Augur

i would love 1 pvp server and a non pvp tlp at one condition eanyone who cheats etc gets perma put on the pvp server.
  19. Vilevixon New Member

I have waited for the day to have my chance at some EQ pvp! Those stories of the past always bring a smile to my face! What is really stopping them from giving us the option!?!
  20. Nolrog Augur

We? Are you saying you speak for the 12 other people interested in PVP?
    Dragon Jockey likes this.