Classic start FV LOOT PVP TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boogatti, Mar 28, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

As much as I would love to see a PVP server, we all know that HekkHekkHekk and other PVP advocates wouldn't even play on it.
  2. Ginix Augur

Lies. I'd protect all the noobs from evil.
  3. Stagentti Augur

Maybe the folks who want a PVP server and are convinced it would attract enough people should host another "event" to prove it. Especially after what devs said below.

Would love to see that have basically no one show up just like last time.

Devs gave a simple way to show them people want it and convince them to do it:

"7. PVP server?

Jenn: Zek

Alan: We have one. Play on it and we might be convinced that people actually want to play EQ PVP."
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Ginix Augur

You sound scared of PvP. I'll protect you too. Don't worry fella
  5. Stagentti Augur

Not scared at all.

You sound scared to try what the devs have asked and have it fail to happen.

They've given you clear direction - why aren't PVPers doing it?
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  6. Ginix Augur

Listen, they won't corpse camp you again. You're safe with me bubba.
  7. Boogatti Lorekeeper

For every 1 griefer there's 3 people willing to help you. Guild and social alliances are key in the pvp environment. I'm sure people would offer help for a fee as well. Excitement!!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So of the 20 PvP die hards that means there are 5 Griefers & 15 peopele willing to help each other.

Sounds awesome already.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

I don't need you to protect me because no one will corpse camp me. Because there won't be a PVP TLP.

Maybe you should get some folks to play on Zek like the devs said, then you can protect folks!
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Ginix Augur

Suuuureee just like there won't be a free-trade TLP. ;)
    HekkHekkHekk and Boogatti like this.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

PlAy oN FV iF yOu WaNt FrEe TrAdE
    Ginix likes this.
  12. Triconix Augur

At least the devs had FV as evidence to assume a possible large audience of a FT server. PVP has...the wasteland known as Zek
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Devs didn’t have the look very hard to see that free trade was popular, starting a free trade TLP was hardly risky. PvP on the other hand, has not proven it can draw in the masses.

Devs have very clearly told PvPers what it would take to get them to consider a PvP TLP, yet all you guys keep doing is posting on the forums. I feel like you don’t really want it, If you did you would be organizing PvP guilds and factions on every new TLP that opens.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Go Take A Nap Augur

Returning players dont want to play on Zek anymore than other live servers. So that is a poor way to look at it. No one wants to show up late to the game, specially on a pvp server.

PVP servers had a fairly good population originally. I started EQ on Zek and played there for 2 years. There was no shortage of players. Pvp came with its distractions though ..but those were exiting and welcome distractions. i dont expect a modern fast unlock TLP server to do well PVP. Players would need longer unlocks so they have time to "work things out" with other groups, players, and guilds.
    HekkHekkHekk and Ginix like this.
  15. Ginix Augur

You'd think they did with how long it took.
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  16. Hdizzle Augur

I will say it again.

Red Agnarr would be the best concept for a pvp server. Having a stat ceiling that is attainable makes the game less intimidating and boils the game down to pressing buttons once all things are even; and thats what pvp players really want. Even quality competition, to poop on.
    Ginix likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nobody is saying play on Zek permanently, they are saying pick a single day & a time then gather in force to show the devs how many players want this.

All this deflecting is because you know you can't do that, and the last really solid attempt at it failed spectacularly, if you could do it you would have already done it & had your PvP TLP.

Stop daydreaming about "if you build it he will come" like Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams, it's sad.
  18. Ginix Augur

These same people posting negatively about PvP also said we'd never see a free-trade TLP.
    They'd link the out of touch developer responses from the Ask-A-Dev regarding free-trade just like the PvP stuff we see now and we all know how that unfolded.

Keep belivin red bois
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I hope they make a PvP TLP at some point if only to prove to you all what a massive waste of time it is.

Like push one out 3 months prior to the usual TLP, so that they can wipe it & reuse it for a financially viable TLP after.
  20. Ginix Augur

The guy with 6k post wants to talk about massive waste of time, lol
    HekkHekkHekk and Skuz like this.