Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I will try this rule set if it comes to fruition because this server will force players to stick with one or two characters. Alt-aholics will not have time to reach 65, gear up, reach 300+ AA's, and place 200+ LDON missions under their belt before OOW and additional expansions are launched. It would be a constant catch-up unless GoD sticks around for several months.

I personally wanted a classic to velious (leaning towards Velious) start, but we all have to accept change eventually.

"EverQuest: Omens of War was released as the eighth expansion on September 14, 2004..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_expansions#Omens_of_War - This expansions sounds fun. :D
  2. Triconix Augur

You just described every single TLP and their corresponding TLP flippers.

Actually, many people left their POP-geared chars on Aradune/Riz in May only to do POP again in Dec on Mischief/TB without their decked out Aradune/Riz chars :rolleyes:
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Also, all of your discussion atm is based on a krono farmers rumor that he "heard on twitch"....sooooo grain of salt
  4. Arclyte Augur

Yea it isn't true. Would be the least successful TLP since Miragul
    Crabman likes this.
  5. Vicious EQ Elder

Getting Krono is a byproduct of being good at this game, not a primary objective by any means. You should be more worried about your brother's blood pressure while yelling at your guild in their 6th hour of Plane of Time rather than my playing habits.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A "trilogy start" TLP would probably be quite popular regardless of any other ruleset provisions.

As far as GoD & OoW - these two are among the most popular expansions with the TLP crowd who didn't hop off beforehand.
    Sure, GoD was a horrible expansion upon release on live originally, but the GoD of today is a very different beast after all of the changes it has been through and when the devs wanted GoD & OoW to be merged / released together on one of the prior "Standard TLP" it was very vocally objected to & the devs changed tack.
  7. Vicious EQ Elder

A Trilogy start Level locked server would be insanely popular.
    Corydon Coles and Skuz like this.
  8. Iyacc Augur

This might be the only way the level 70 stretch is bearable.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Level locked at Classic's 50 or Kunark and Velious' 60?
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Miragul was DOA because at Level 85 Truebox is a retention-destroyer, a large percentage of EQ are boxing in some form by that stage of the game.
    Players warned that Truebox for Miragul would kill interest & it definitely did.

But a TSS start with Truebox would probably have more interest than a Miragul without it and I think a GoD start even more so.
    Why? Because the detrimental effect Truebox has on retention scales up the deeper you go into the expansions.
    That's why I think Starting on a TLP during Classic to Velious(Trilogy start) with Trubox on but removing it by DoDH is the "optimal" use of Truebox code on TLP.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Either would work, could even use a more staggered start like below as one example.

Week 1 - level 10
    Week 2 - level 20
    Week 3 - level 30
    Week 4 - level 40
    Week 5 - Level 50
    Week 6 - Level 60
  12. jeskola pheerie

There is a lot of self-interest in this thread disguised as ruleset criticism.
    Lineater likes this.
  13. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I don't know about the rest of you, but my work, life, and hobby balance is seriously off without a good TLP rule set to enjoy right now.

Work - Check
    Life/Outside/Friends - Check
    Hobby - Nothing!
    Crabman likes this.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I've said many times, regardless what direction they decide to take, it would have to be perfect in my eyes for me to leave Mischief. I've fallen in with a good lot, and this is the most fun I've had playing in easily 15 years.
    Sendori likes this.
  15. Vicious EQ Elder

How about a Krono-free TLP? I'm all for it.
    Corydon Coles and Hirbow like this.
  16. Hirbow Augur

That's a great idea. After the Free trade servers, Krono's have gone rampart which is a great thing; but not such a great thing for a new TLP start, since it already puts an imbalance in the server economy from day one.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would not stop RMT

Would just mean Daybreak are not getting in on the RMT action which is all Krono does.

So just like the past 50+ times it was suggested - not gonna happen.
  18. Vicious EQ Elder

You and I both know all that. Everyone knows that. I'm merely stating my preference for no Krono since some think that is all I care about. I couldn't care less I actually think Krono makes the game worse everyday.
    Corydon Coles and Hirbow like this.
  19. Pappasalt Augur

Why participate in something so heavily you do not like? Wouldn't that show the company they should do more of it?

As for my brother's blood pressure, that's his to watch not mine lol. And I couldn't care less how long raids take us...this game is a walk in the park...having more fun in elden ring and lost ark atm.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

I feel attacked :D