Next round of TLP suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by likestobox, Dec 1, 2021.

1. likestobox Lorekeeper

- 1 server non true box
    - mishief loot rules
    - kunark start
    - longer unlock times
    -classic/kunark- 3 months
    - Velious- 6 months
    - luclin 6 months
    - PoP- 6 months
    - ldon/god- 6 months

It would be really nice to have longer lockouts. The current lockout schedule is way to short. The thing I liked about the good old days was you can play hardcore during the launch of an expansion and the last month or 2 you could slow to 1 raid a week and actually plan your RL stuff around those breaks.The way the current servers are if you miss a week or 2 I feel you are a giant disadvantage where the current progress is you farm for 3 straight months just to farm again for another 3 straight months. For a lot of people we go to TLP for specifically the Velious-PoP content why must we burn thru those expansions so fast.
    Corydon Coles and Overcast451 like this.
  2. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Expansions are completed in a week and you want to drag it out for 6 months?
  3. ExecutionDbl9 Shadow Knight / Necromancer / Druid

I am not against longer unlock times, simply because I don't really care for the expansions beyond Shadows of Luclin or Planes of Power. I'd be happy with straight up vanilla, no-expansion EQ (I just don't have the Titanium Edition to play P99, and tbh I'd rather play an official server and support the continuation of this game)

But that said, one thing I've never understood is the concept of "disadvantage" just because you missed some time. Is it a race to max level? I joined Aradune late, and I'm far away from max level, and I don't feel disadvantaged in the slightest.

I'm not sure why people flock to TLP servers just to rush their way through the content and levels and get back to where they are on live. I find far more fun from just enjoying the journey.
    Corydon Coles and Beggly like this.
  4. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Agnarr would love to have all these people who love to recycle PoP
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you want longer unlock timers just play on a live server with the other 3 or 4 people who want this, they have AoC on them so no excuses now.

Vast majority of TLP players were bored even before the 8/12 weeks.

If anything I would expect to see what has been happening with most TLP in that they have been looking for places where the unlocks can be faster and what expansions can be launched together in order to reduce the overall length of time a TLP takes to get from classic to live.

Indeed I think Selo was only slightly too fast & that a 6 week unlocking TLP is not too far away from happening.
    ForumBoss and Appren like this.
  6. likestobox Lorekeeper

If it allowed boxing I would have played there
  7. Machen New Member

We've had that server. It was miserable and people hated the longer unlocks even though they thought they wanted it. 6 months is a long time.
    Neceros likes this.
  8. generic Journeyman

even though my guild clears elite content with low numbers because of our skill ive found that 8 weeks has been to short a time frame..

For the more casual players getting to 50 took at least 3 weeks. meaning only really had a handful of sky clears etc.. same for kunark took the casual players several weeks to 60, even longer to VP key meaning only got a handful of VP clears.
  9. Appren Gnomercy

The current servers (Mischief) has expansions that are more than long enough (especially POP/LDON), thank you very much.
  10. Leifer4way New Member

Unlock raid timers to be 1 or 2 days instead of 6 and I'd be all for 6/8 week lockouts.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Selo's proved that stupid unlock speed + fast exp wasn't even enough time for most people.
    You can apply that "play on live" to anyone who wants real fast unlocks as well.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Or go an entirely different direction, a server with a 1 year lifespan.

Starts with ALL content unlocked (as if you started on live), but the level cap is 60. Each month the level cap goes up by 5. Give it Selo flags for xp, rares, dz timers. Would need to disable autogrant AA though (or limit it to 5 under your level instead of expansion based).

Start off with PoK for travel, bazaar for selling, access to beasts, zerkers, frogs, drakkin.
    Level up in classic, kunark, luclin, or TSS zones depending on what you want.
    Buy any spells and aa that are available to your level, even if it was introduced much later.
    Trivial access to spells via PoK.
    Defiant armor having a good use.
    All zone revamps active and flag restrictions dropped, so you can go to Plane of Valor at 55 if you *really* wanted to.

Would be really interesting to see what direction guilds would take to try and keep pace. What raids are worth doing, what isn't, how far ahead of the curve do you try to push (maybe kill Tallon Zek while cap is 60, his drops are rec 61 after all!)
    Blastoff, Polekn, wade_watts and 5 others like this.
  13. Pikollo Augur

I like Raspers idea. I would add in double loot drops though to keep up with the gear curve.

A server like this creates different competition for the elites and allows people to see the full game. It could be like a race to the end. TLPs are yearly now anyways and when a new one comes out the old one dies. May as well design TLP's around that.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Just imagine 6 months in DoN, 6 months in PoR and 6 months in DoDh.
  15. Pikollo Augur

Selo's only problem was loot drops and flagging were not on par with the servers speed. Personally our group was able to max aa and all group content before the next expac unlocked. Sometimes with 2+ weeks before the next expac.
  16. SomeForumLoser New Member

Is that why Frank and his faceless guild couldn’t beat mearatas “in era” even after 2 nerfs? Lol. The server and that guild were failures and still are.
  17. Tymeless Augur

I would kill myself. I really have very little desire to ever see under TSS again. I may dabble on mischief with friends at some point but I have no real desire for that content at all.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have seen something similar to this suggested before, a "LLP" or "Level Locked Progression", JChan even commented that this was an interesting concept.

I would not expect to see Defiant gear dropping right away as it is far stronger than the gear from the early eras, but it appearing on the server once level 75 unlocks, in order to match up with TSS, would make sense.
    Indeed the LLP idea is the only way I expect to see an "all classes available in classic" to ever happen anyway, though going from 1-75 in just tss zones would be a viable levelling path and would make this server the first to truly let you do that as a whole server together so it could be very interesting.
    This server would also allow every class to start their epics right away.
  19. Kylo Classic Augur

No queue at all. Small suggestion best suggestion.
  20. Mattling Elder

Another PoP locked TLP that merges into Agnarr about a year after it's completion would be fantastic.