Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Piznut Angry Gnome

I 6 box, and bought 6 computers to do so...and have absolutely zero interest in a non truebox server. New TLP's that follow truebox rules are already bogged down with krono farmers 30 boxing with VMware. This would only worsen the problem.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/sigh

You do realise you are posting in a thread for people who do want a server without Truebox right?

And since most of the TLP thus far have featured Truebox you already have plenty of choice to suit your style, what you posted then is that you want to deprive a fairly large portion of players from having a choice of server that you yourself wouldn't even play on to begin with.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Piznut Angry Gnome

/sigh

You do realize that the thread is a discussion about whether or not there would be interest in a truebox server, and for people to post their thoughts on it, so that's what I did.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Of course I do, but your position is simply unreasonable, you are saying you do not want people to have something you don't like.

It's like saying I don't want to have chocolate so you should not have it either.

You can certainly post your opinion, but that doesn't mean it cannot be pulled apart for the illogical nonsense it is.
  5. That0neguy Augur

I wouldn't really call the idea that a non truebox server would have massive issues with krono farmers and bots illogical nonsense.
  6. Machen New Member

More so than any other TLP? It seems to be common enough on Truebox.

Coming back to Ragefire the last month or two, I've actually been surprised to see very little of the AFK botting that is so common on the Truebox servers these days. Yes, there are guys running around with six or twelve characters, but for the most part they are at their keyboards and not farming Krono.

I'm sure there will be the usual rush of krono farmers on a non-truebox TLP, but doubt it will be any worse than what we are seeing already on truebox.
  7. Sythrak20 Elder

Yeah from all the whining coming out of mangler doesn’t sound like it makes much of a difference.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe you are being deliberately obtuse - but that's your form I guess.
    I thought it was perfectly obvious I was arguing against stopping players from having a non-truebox server when he wouldn't even want to play on it anyway as he only wants to play on a truebox TLP.

I am sure those who want a non-truebox are all too painfully aware of the downsides around kronolords but for them that problem is known to eventually fade away when the next TLP rolls around leaving them on a server that suits them.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow. I don't even know how to refute that logic.
  10. MarttinPH Augur

So many thoughts here. Let's see if I can organize it well.

Assume: The post was made in good faith, they really want to gauge interest in a non-truebox server.

Then making a post which says you are not interested in a non-truebox server does not add to the conversation at all. There are already truebox servers out there. Play one of those servers if you are so inclined.

Assume: The post was not made in good faith. The developers have no interest of adding a non-truebox server.
    They saw what happened when all the previous servers were created and simply wanted to funnel as much of the butt-hurt posts into a single forum post as possible. They know it isn't possible to capture all the "spam" posts so they did it this way. Although not a guarantee, this might be a reason we didn't see any news about the two latest servers until almost at launch. It is possible they have always wanted to add a non-truebox server but they don't want to hurt the feelings of those who hate boxers (legit or otherwise).

Regardless, posting here that you want a true-box server does nothing to add to discussion.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

So by that logic, if they create a thread asking if anyone is interested in a PVP TLP and the only posts are from people who want such a server, then DBG should go ahead and create a PVP server because 100% of responders said they want it. Gotcha.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and That0neguy like this.
  12. MarttinPH Augur

I did make a subtle point. "Gauge the interest" implies the amount of interest, not the relative level of interest.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Several threads requesting a PvP TLP exist, in the vast majority of them there is but 1 player asking for it with responders explaining why it is unlikely to happen sometimes highlighting that a dev has previously responded to the request for a PvP TLP by saying they will think about it if they can see evidence of enough people to justify it if they gather in numbers on the Zek server, nobody said no they cannot have that because I don't want it, which is what Piznut basically said about a non-Truebox server.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

No he didn't. He said he has no interest in a non-Truebox server. Your hole deep enough now to stop digging?
    That0neguy likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

He did indeed say he has no interest in a Non-Truebox server so why would he even bother to comment in a discussion thread about one, saying he believes it will make the problem of krono farmers worse in the first place?

If you lack the ability to join the dots that's your problem not mine.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Yep why would anyone in their right might post in a discussion thread about a possible new ruleset if they don't like that rule set.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you are accusing Piznut of lying when he said that he had no interest?
  18. Machen New Member

Everyone comments on everything on this forum, so no problem with his comments. But it's not really a contribution to the thread to simply say, "I wouldn't play it because of Krono farmers." Now if he wants to make the case that there won't be any interest from anyone for such a server because of the potential problems of Krono farmers, that would be something we could talk about... But I think this thread shows that he'd be wrong.
  19. Piznut Angry Gnome

I like that everyone feels the need to put words in my mouth regarding the meaning of what I said.

While the idea of a non-truebox server is definitely cool in a lot of ways. Referring to my previous post about having to use 6 computers to 6-box; I hate using 6 computers to play the game, and wish I could just use one. I felt it necessary to point out potential problems in the truebox server; such as people 30 boxing with 3rd party software. This is already a big problem on other TLP's; and DBG has done a really poor job at policing it.

In order for a non-truebox server to be anything more than 20-30 box krono farmers who have run all the other players off of the server, it would have to be better monitored and policed for that problem. So yes, until that issue is better monitored; I wouldn't be interested in playing on a non Truebox server.

Skuz, stop becoming defensive and offended by every post that is made; points can be made without being overly aggressive; as almost all of your posts have been.

Also, as to your previous point about why am I posting here? If a Non-TLP server is released; it potentially takes the place of another TLP that could have been released. So any TLP player has the right to post on a public forum about concerns. Don't try to censor me....bro.
  20. Machen New Member

If they just start in a later era with instanced content, then it becomes impossible for krono farmers to run anyone off. They won't have to police anything--it seems clear that they are incapable of policing truebox as it is, so I don't know why anyone would think they would be able to adequately enforce rules on a non-truebox server.