GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Lianeb Augur

I did it in group gear (conflagrant) and I can still tank each phase of mobs all at once, with a group geared cleric.
    Gear plays a role but not near the role you think it does.
  2. Lianeb Augur

3. Whulfgar Augur

Interestingly enough .. when GMM first came out .. at LEAST a dozen or more thread's were started about how easy it is then (an is still now)

So yes "This" thread .. may be 1 person saying how easy it is..

However .. "EVERYONE" knows .. it to be 100% true .. so don't sit there tryna act cute .. cause ya ain't .. acting like its ACTUALLY difficult to go rock out 15 mobs in 1 pull .. that literally with 1 healer can't do enough damage to kill a tank..

Seriously.. YOU .. are the minority here.. thinking GMM is obscenely hard / difficult in any capacity what so ever.
  4. Allayna Augur

I think I responded to this sentiment, tanks have no trouble with this mission because of survival through discs and riposte damage output.

My SK alt is lower ac/hp in last years raid RoS phlogiston/scaleborn mix than what is available from full diminished muhbis gear.

I can swarm each phase without a healer on the SK.

The final phase has 30+ mobs if you wanna pull it all, with a real healer, ie not a merc, I can swarm that too.

As a reference point, this same toon gets wrecked by 5-6 base pop from static.
  5. Cleaver Augur

You misunderstand me. No one is saying its hard. We're saying they have known it was easy and it wasn't broke 6 months ago when we were saying it but now all of the sudden its too easy ? Nothings changed since it was released but now they come up with oh its broke and we're fixing it right before an expansion with a level increase ? Come on man we aint that dumb.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Cleaver Augur

So you can do this on an sk alt who has raid gear from ROS /rollseyes. Show me a stream of you doing this on a TBL GROUP geared sk. You know your raid gear from ROS still has higher dodge/block/cleave/fero has higher heroic mods the weapons have higher damage you have higher agi dex should i continue ?
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Do you not understand how easy this will make Leveling ?

Or do you understand and are simply of the mind set it should be that easy to level ?
  8. Cleaver Augur

It won't make leveling easy people. You don't need to nerf the xp or how hard the mobs are.
    Should you be able to swarm the mobs no obviously not, but until I see a stream of a GROUP geared tank doing this its bs and just raid geared toons trying to nerf it now that they're done abusing it.

Do some testing here. Go to Lcea on a 105 kill something solo. Now go to Lcea on a 106 kill that same mob solo. Do it on a 110. The XP you get goes down DRASTICALLY as you out level the content.

A simple solution is to make the xp needed to go from 110-111 high and 111-112 higher etc. Why nerf older content ? You make the XP needed high but you also make the mobs in new expansion give more xp its a win win leveling in older zones is slower and leveling new zones is challenging but more rewarding.

None of this matters though. They're nerfing it so congrats.

I honestly don't even care. I don't level here or AA here and wouldn't when the expansion comes out. But taking an option away from other players is stupid. Who cares how fast someone levels why do any of you really care ? Does it hurt you guys that much that someone might hit 115 faster or get AAs faster ?
    Bottle likes this.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Fast leveling is NOT GMM HA's. They have a lock out timer and require moving around after, plus finite mobs. GMM is good for what others have mentioned: Post raid glyph refills.

Fast leveling is usually staying put, in a harder zone from previous content with fast repop and mobs that maybe hit hard but have low HP with a full group of real people who know what they are doing, gobs of dps etc. Blue(Not Cyan) Cons typically. Lots and lots of them. RoS should have plenty of spots to fit that bill. Sure, the GMM HA might be "easy mode" while in there, but if you finish it for full exp you are on lock out and have to find somewhere else in the interim. Then you have to decamp, find a new spot that isn't contested....time waste if you ask me and it kills the op tempo. F that S.

You know what HA's were/are good exp? the Level dependent ones in CoTF that people hate. Those were red cons that died fast when getting to lvl 110. Do all the Neriak ones in a lesson burn. Win.

So cut the crap. Stop saying GMM is the bane of leveling when there are so many better ways to level. The first to 115 probably won't bother with GMM. Leveling is just a chore anyway.
    Bottle likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

Looking at the EXP only is the reason many are missing the point. Even if the EXP is reduced one you level past 110, the fact that you can kill 60+ in less than 15 minutes, is the real problem. With lessons and EXP pots, even a small amount EXP Is too much.

We as players, shouldn’t accept this pile of poop. They are going to continue designing content to slow down raiders (speed bump), if they can release a HA to reset things a few months after release.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

This is a verifiable fact.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Would making all exp awarded on chest open and a 24 hour lock out enough nerf to shut you all up, basically making it a daily? Or does this case require GMM to be drowned in the bathtub and given an unmarked shallow grave? It's doubtful that even the most sychophantic adherants to this game want to completely kill something that has practical utility and saves time.
  13. Anastasis Elder

Tappin, Just what is the goal you want to achieve with this thread? The Dev team already said they are going to change it, but you still keeps talking about the xp gain. Until they release the change, we as players have no way to know what is the result. What is the harm of others getting to 115 using this HA or other means?
  14. Allayna Augur

TBL was punishing to the average player.
    HAs offer:
    Uncontested zones/mobs
    Easy pace/ability to step away for a few minutes if need be
    In GMM's case, the best exp for both regular/AA/evolving, hands down, but requires flipping the mission, not completing it.
    Generally HAs offer either expansion coin, platinum, a chest, collections, hunters, etc.

The ease of this mission is ridiculous but it seemed intentional (given dev statements in a thread about it's ease) and as a nice THANK YOU for 20 years of keeping this game alive. It seemed, at least to me, as a gimme zone.

You've earned your scathing hatred on these threads for your GMM nerf call like I've earned mine for anything SK, live with it.
    Bottle and Raccoo like this.
  15. Sathayorn Augur

I never once said it was fine at any point in its existence. It was broken from day one. Don't act like it isn't so.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Cute.. very cute.. But as has been stated multiple times on this thread. All the way back since day 1 launch of GMM .. EVERYONE knew it was 100% with out question with out doubt.. in need of beefing up.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hack-mobs-need-tuning-up.255824/#post-3766125
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But you are still far superior to the average grouper.

Max AA, Max Vitallity, Resolute etc, many group players have few AAs over the autogrant which currently stops at TDS AAs.

As someone else said it isn't just about the gear.

Many of us assumed the mobs didn't hit as hard as the static zone as there are some places where multiple mobs need to be tanked.

I've done this mission with a raid geared SK with max AA which takes 18 minutes from start to finish including opening the box and a low AA count group SK which takes around an hour. Different group make ups, but hopefully shows there is a huge difference in how fast this mission can be completed.

I'd be happy to see the exp (equal to the exp earnt now) moved to the chest opening, instead of retuning it, especially if some of the phases aren't redone so multi mobs dont need tanking.

I think when GMM was launched we were all surprised how many items were in the chest and how good the quality of those items were. But it was for the anniversary and a one off zone.
    Bottle likes this.
  18. Spellfire Augur

By the way, anyone went to Test and tried GMM now?
  19. Moege Augur

As they also messed with the dmg calculations you will need to do gmm then tbl and gmm again to get a fair comparison.

20. yosco Augur

Why does leveling NEED to be hard?? I also know that all the l33t people who revolve their life around EQ will take off from work, pee in bottles, and take uppers to make sure they're the first toon on the server to 115. And for what? What does it matter if someone levels in the current expansion and takes a bit longer and someone else decides to churn lower level content? The group game is already basically dead on the live servers... just go do groups with your raid guild mates and allow others to play the game how they want to play it without arbitrarily changing stuff because it isn't properly funneling people around. Screw that.