Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Any fool can replicate it a couple of times in short period, not hour long sessions of the same events all happening at the same time.

You must not think automation or bots exist as well. At this time I'm thinking my friends selo's baz bot is the way to go in all future TLPs for people who hate camping.
    Jezzie and Pharone like this.
  2. Pharone Elder

Exactly. Nobody questions whether someone can hit a couple buttons at the same time. What people question is the ability of someone to hit a couple buttons at the same time, every time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The fact that people are arguing that someone "can" press more than one button on more than one keyboard at the same time as some how being proof that these people aren't using automated scripts is laughable and even more an indication of someone trying to push a false narrative.

Automation is happening on these servers. It's just that simple.
    Ajjantis and Jezzie like this.
  3. Jezzie Augur

We're all sick of the level of automation on these Truebox servers including most of the members of the communities that apparently we're not allowed mention.
    It seems the incentives for using "active" hacks and automation are competition and RMT.
    We have pickzones and instances to alleviate some of the issues that competition causes on these servers. We have nothing to combat the issues that RMT causes.
    Remove the incentives and everybody should be much happier.
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

How do you remove the incentive for RMT?

Bearing in mind RMT existed literal decades before Krono did.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Change fundamental game design, full instance all content, remove most scarcity of loot (and all ability to trade it off account).

Which still doesn’t remove RMT, I had people wanting to buy gold off me in WoW just to buy cosmetic mounts that no one could stop them from farming themselves easily.
  6. Elyani Augur

Lol. You don't. That simple!

People have suggested removing kronos. Welp, Plat still exists in the game.
    People have suggested making everything no-drop (dumb idea...) but, people already sell loot rights, they'd just do it more often now.
    You could make it like some of the newer games where you have to be in the group to loot items, but guess what? People on games like EQ2, WoW, FFXIV sell spots in these groups to loot the items!

RMT will always be.... there. No matter what steps are taken.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

How do you full instance all content when they've already said they don't have the resources to implement private picks?
  8. Ceffener Augur

You get more resources :p

It’s never going to happen, but it’s not impossible to remove the problems it causes from the playerbase either.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Well, I mean, impossible and functionally incapable aren't really all that far apart.
  10. Jezzie Augur

Heroics Toons for TLP should alleviate the issues of people PL'ing for Krono, selling maxed out toons on RMT sites, AFK automation groups set up specifically for the purpose of levelling toons to sell later. That's a start.
    You'll have to ask a "creator" how difficult it would be but anything would be better than nothing
  11. Ceffener Augur

They didn’t have the resources to create a pick system or AoCs at one point also though. Priorities would just have to change. Which for the most part they DID, EQ gets a lot of fully instanced content that can be spun up by single groups/raids and a lot less open world fighting.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It's a hardware resources problem preventing private picks, though. Hardware is an ongoing and very large expense.

They are fully capable of implementing private picks from a software perspective, I am sure. It's probably a few lines of code at most on top of the existing system. That's not the problem with doing it, though, so saying it's just a matter of priorities I don't think is accurate. You're basically asking them to multiply their existing hardware resources by at least an order of magnitude.
  13. Liquidmorphh New Member

Its just funny because the boxer in question with the images posted is actually me. Whether you guys believe me or not doesn't matter. Its just entertaining to see how paranoid the EQ community is. Sure, automation is absolutely possible, but in the case shown I actually just press the same 3 keys next to each other at the same time every time, there is nothing else special..I promise.
    Elyani likes this.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't know that PLing is that great of a concern for most people compared to having in-demand and necessary drops made rather inaccessible by bots, but I suppose Heroic Toons would potentially alleviate most of the problem with it.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

The real answer doesn't involve pricey and time intensive coding. It involves a casual gm presence to ban these blatant afk botters.

Nobody farms sirens for 4 weeks legit. Thats blatant but its on selo.
  16. Jezzie Augur

It's a whole new avenue to explore. I know it sounds like pay to win but if you could buy GEB's for 400SC wouldn't that be better than paying a bot crew a krono for the same item?
    People won't like the idea but the alternative is to have automated crews sitting on all desirable camps.
    Personally I prefer the first option and DB make money.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Except that DBG makes a lot >MORE< money from the Krono sales, that's the whole point.
  18. modsiw Augur

Other qualifiers aside, do you consider your work on EQ black hat?
  19. Jezzie Augur

That's true unless we've reached the point where we are just recycling old krono. It's been years, surely it's slowed down
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I do wonder the rate at which Krono are actually consumed for account time instead of just passed along the line for items or plat or RMT.