Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucoh Augur

I haven't seen a botter in Bristlebane in TBL. I kind of wish I did to see if I could win a DPS race vs them.
    Pirlo and Tatanka like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10,000pp on Tucoh ;)
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Mortalis New Member

Look what I found!

Not sure who is worse: the trainer or the boxer.
  4. kizant Augur

Radiance drop everywhere though so I'm not sure that's a good example. I've gotten more than I need without really trying. Either way, I don't play EQ to farm things. I'd rather go do something more fun and let these people do the grunt work. That's all.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Where is the train? I see only one mob! edit: nm, a bunch of mobs came, didn't aggro the group and ran off, lol. Pretty pathetic attempt.

I wonder if botters can set up a log parser to SMS them when someone whisper/shouts/ooc/says around them. Bonus feature: SMS replies will be sent to EQ over the same channel.
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Mortalis New Member

From the VID: he definitely was using some sort of boxing software but he does look very real to me with the camera angle switch.

LOL at the trainer. He probably got healed with the mob agro, otherwise that Choo Choo of armours would have wiped the group.
  7. Mortalis New Member

Eye test much?

If that is the case he made a HUGE effort on that camp. Wish he used it on more productive matters.
  8. Tucoh Augur

what also hasn't happened to me yet in TBL is someone assuming I'm a botter and training me. It happened a couple times in RoS and I was fortunate enough to have enough cooldowns up to tank them all down and then let the trainer know there's no hard feelings.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Well, seeing as the guy was fighting a fire mob and he tried to train him with earth mobs...lol, it wasn't going to work unless the other fella cast an ae or had a toon that kos.
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. Mortalis New Member

I like his guild name.

It took exactly one minute for his group to kill the named. Pretty impressive consider chanter also casted mez.
  11. Vdidar Augur

Shouldn't the monk get suspended for clearly training another player?
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Mortalis New Member

Probably he did.

Camp or spawn disputes often happen. Personally I don't see a reason why the loosing team just move along rather than resorting to grieving.

From you-know-who response earlier it seems he doesn't do these things.

Yes he might be evil (roleplay-wise), but certainly in style.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Worst attempt at training ever. Guy needs to uninstall now.
    Pirlo and Vdidar like this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

By the way, and since I would be at the keyboard, I would just cast AE something or another and grab all those mobs and thank the guy for the nice pull :D
  15. Tappin Augur

You can always try a petition and PM a guild officer (if he in a guild that gives a poop) - or just do what everyone else does train him and give him revives.
  16. Mortalis New Member

I
    Just checked out the trainer's guild, apparently #1 in progression in AB, explains the entitlement.

Some familiar names showed up in their roster, including those who are claimed from AB in this thread. I guess they weren't told the training part, or just plain complacent.

PS: oh wow it gets worse! Just found out that another well-known botter in AB had the Bifaak camp named after him, and he belongs to the OP's guild!
  17. Tappin Augur

I have noticed a lot of bots belong to uber guilds. You can try talking to GM or officer of his main guild. I have very good results with this methods. I am not AB not claiming anything.. just my two cents.
  18. Mortalis New Member

So #1 Uber guild trains; another started the flames while harbouring the infamous, well known botter.

I thought AB is supposed to be nice and quiet unlike, ahem, Bertox/Bristlebane?
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Pour gas on this thread and grab da popcorn. See kids, this is what trade skills do to your brain.... turns you to botting to get the mats.
    Pirlo and kizant like this.
  20. Arraden Augur

Well not quite. He is perma camped at a chain name spawn site where he was, to all intent and purpose, AFK botting (until the realisation people were on to him).
    The OP (ie me) was not in a DPS race and have not been suspended for training (as I haven't).

The annoyance sit that a clear third part programme user, that has and or still is, AFK botting for Loot rights and drops to raise cash is causing massive upset on server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.