Does Daybreak even care about hacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jontrann Augur

You can complain about the botters all you want but i still see raiding guilds on coirnav running and SHOWEQ and those guys NEVER get banned.

This game has been in maintenance for years all they do is throw out a new expansion (with reused content) and a fresh tlp to keep the income flowing but the dev team is relatively small and i doubt they could even enforce no botting/hacking at this point.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Very few people have ever gotten banned for this, since it is completely undetectable unless the user is dumb enough to broadcast that he's using it one way or another. Really, the fundamental problem here is the game architecture going back to 1998 or so, and it would be almost impossible to eliminate the problem at this late date. Expecting them to ban people for using it is expecting the impossible.

The other software you mentioned, that's another story and it's a shame to hear it is being used so prevalently on coirnav.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Of course DBG cares about "hacking". Without it, they would lose half of their testing and support! Without it, they would lose a ton of paid accounts. Without it, most of the 3rd party websites that you use as a resource wouldn't be available.

EDIT: Be careful what you wish for.
  4. Krimzin Augur

id donate 500/month to DB to hire an employee to police this kinda crap im sure im not alone when i say this ruins the game to the point id quit if it continues
  5. Watchitplx New Member

they wouldn't hire anyone they would just pocket it.
  6. Watchitplx New Member

honestly if they brought back the legends server, I think that's what it was called, the 30 bucks a month server people would buy it. lots of people would pay 50 + bucks a month for a server with a GM presence. They have been asked to do it again before. They just don't wana do it.
    andross77 likes this.
  7. immaculate New Member

Daybreak 100% does not care about people hacking, running automated scripts while afk to play multiple groups of characters, warping across zones, etc. I have petitioned multiple groups of players doing this (with irrefutable video evidence) and no action was ever taken by DBG. These offenders are still active doing the same thing I petitioned them for.

When you allow players to break every rule in the book (including ingame physics and mechanics) and play completely autonomously using illegal 3rd party software, your game loses all integrity. There are a number of ways to resolve these types of problems not the least of which is permanently banning the serious offenders. At this point it is clear that DBG doesn't wish to resolve any of these issues and/or is completely incompetent at enforcing their own rules. I'm sure I won't be the only player leaving because of this.
    Jontrann likes this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

So I just want to follow up on this thread with something that happened today because its likely a proof there are still GM's for EQ and they are responsive to complaints.

To start, I was trying out a brand new bard, when I tried going out into the newbie yard I had the worst FPS/lag ever, image PoK during peak hours * 20.

After a 20 seconds of skipping frames I saw a high level mage that appeared to be botting in Cresent reach. I thought they were botting/afk scripting because they weren't responding to my tells (I sent close to a dozen over 5 minutes) and it looks like they were just AOE/pet farming items.

I submitted a /report & ticket with a screenshot of the mountain of mob corpses. Within 5 minutes I received a GM response to my ticket that they were looking into the issue & shortly there after the character I was concerned was botting disappeared. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if the GM resolved the issue. Either way I can't say how happy I was to hear quick feedback that a GM was looking into the ticket.

I'm not sure if it helped, but I think /reporting + a ticket of screenshots of what's going on might help the GM's see the issue sooner.

Thank you Daybreak Games!
  9. Risiko Augur

Know for a fact that the top guilds use it, but the game is nearly two decades old at this point. There's like less than a percent of a percent of the MMO gaming market playing the game. Honestly, it's a flipping miracle this game is still open, and it's even MORE of a miracle that they continue to put out an expansion every year for the game.

The point is, the only way that DBG is going to do anything permanent against someone cheating is if it becomes an issue where many, many people are affected by it and are threatening to quit. There's no other reason they would willingly remove anybody from the game that has a subscription OR is paying by Krono.

And, I get it that most of them are likely using krono that was bought many years ago, but they also buy krono from other players that DO buy them from DBG. If even one krono gets purchased from DBG in the present because it is going to be traded to a cheater for something in game, that's one more krono sale that DBG made. Just one makes it worth it to a company that in all reality has a product that barely even exists.

Get rid of all the cheaters, and you put the final nail in the coffin. Do you want to go play WoW when the EQ servers are shut down permanently?

Think about that for a second. Let it sink in completely before hitting reply.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's why they need to plan the TLP's with more revenue streams.

• When a server gets announced setup a way to reserve names for DBG cash / Krono / $$
    • Create a way to use /pick as 24 / 48 hour personal instance that re spawns for groups for (x) krono a use once per week etc.. adjust accordingly can edit the way with no raid mobs just group content.
    • Even have something like a /raid timer reduction by 50% potion that costs DBG / Krono
    • Give me bags for Krono I can buy
    • Buy the Zone keys for DBG cash / Krono
    Basically easy low hanging fruit that keeps krono / $$ flowing, but doesn't really ruin the overall experience. More TLP $$, less DBG layoffs.

But you are right, part of the reason cheating is not getting banned / looked into is the amount of subs they can't afford to lose....:D

Instances just makes EQ so much more enjoyable then it ever was before.
  11. Risiko Augur

Absolutely agree. For so many years, I thought that instancing was the bane of the industry, but in reality, it's a God send for the average player. People just want to experience the game with out interruption and a fair chance to play all of the content. It's really that simple.

When you get right down to it, the vast majority of complaints on all of the TLP servers has been related to being blocked from content in one way or another; zone disruption, keying quest blocking, or what have you. Make the content available to people to play when and how they want, and you get rid of a lot of the complaints.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

Yeah, they are really highly likely to exchange Krono that's already been paid for to pay for new and very difficult services that they could charge real money for if it were even possible to make the necessary changes.

Face facts, if you have so many Krono that you think it'd be nice to buy stuff from DBG with it then you made a poor life choice when you started hoarding Krono. Krono is worth 30 days of game time and that's all it'll ever be worth to DBG.

Selling zone keys/bags/raid lockouts/private picks = selling REAL power in game and that's just not happening so you can take that off of your wishlist
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't know. Krono is, by no stretch of the imagination, a debt and liability to Daybreak. If they could exchange that for digital goods, it would make them look better on paper if they're courting buyers.
  14. That0neguy Augur

So 99% pay to win. Why not just add gear being able to be purchased for DB Cash or Krono.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Machentoo Augur

They don't want to do it because it is not economically viable. If it were, they never would have shut down the original.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What is different than any current TLP I was playing on?

I could buy any level character, any gear, any key, any epic am I missing something?
  17. Rile Lorekeeper

Pretty disappointing to learn that there are cheats and other suspicious 3rd party programs running rampant apparently

I've never used any sort of 3rd party software to play this game, dating all the way back to the beta in 1999. The only thing I currently have right now that isn't out of the box is the Brewall's Map, but they openly support that sort of thing

I'd love to know a list of the legitimate programs that I could be taking advantage of that other people are openly using

I hate having to 2 box on 2 separate computers... one of the reasons im not really working on my encahnter/cleric duo team because i find it exhausting to play that way, but if there is some SW people are exploiting to get around those headaches and DBG is allowing it, then I definitely want to know what those programs are..
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think it is notable that you didn't really notice until you were told about it. That seems to imply that, if it's not directly in your way (see below), then it's not really a problem. In fact, we could even change the name from "cheating" to something as innocuous as "play how you like".

/agree. If there were more private /picks (and therefore less griefing), people could play the game however they wanted and nobody else's feelings would get hurt. AND those people who firmly believe the game should only be played under their interpretation of the rules would still be free to do so.
  19. Lion of God Elder

There are about 6 people in this thread complaining about boxers using macros to play EQ. You extraordinarily intelligent individuals do realize that it would be more cost efficient for DBG to perma bann the crybabies in this thread rather than ban even a single multi-boxer with 6-12 active subscriptions?

I know numerous people who multi-box 12 toons at once on TLP servers (with the assistance of these 'evil' programs) and they would immediately quit if either a few of their accounts were banned or DBG mandated they couldn't 'bot' anymore.

I once had a friend say to me, "There are some losers in this game who complain nonstop about Boxers and programs that make it easier. Yet these same people still have no problem coming to me for help when they need to kill a mob for an epic quest."

Quit your whining and just play the game.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ironically this is why we have a problem. GMs log on kick the person off and do 0 investigation into if they're using said illegal programs or just some guy half AFK spaming one button while watching his TV. So the botters just log back in a few hours later and nothing ever happens to them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.