Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

No, I’m all for pet tanks like I said. I am happy they can do 90% of the game. Tank for xp groups, tank a couple nameds from time to time. But by no means should a mage be able to tank, heal, and dps current content progression.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Just about half the classes in the game have ways to help the tank though. As you well know, beastlords can contribute quite a bit of healing with conflagrant rods + convival warder. Conflagrant Rods + bloodlust might be all you even need to heal a proper tank in Fight Fire until Bloodlust runs out.
  3. Graves Elder

To summarise...

Said it was easy. Set out to prove it was and was going to insult everyone that thought otherwise when he did so. Died to third trash mob. Still thinks that is just fine.
  4. Yimin Augur

Yes she should if she has a full group backing her !

YiMin
  5. Tucoh Augur

What augs are they using?
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

That seems like the opposite of what you should do. The melee output verses group gear was fine IF you can slow the mobs properly and if spells were toned down some. Most don't want fall down easy content and tanks should not be pulling 4 mobs at once endlessly. Which will end up being the case if you guys just reduce melee and lower hps enough that dps can kill mobs in 10 seconds again.

The two issues are:
    1. Overdone spell, AE's, nukes, dots or whatever on top of the melee.
    2. The inability to slow some mobs because magic resist spells won't work. There are quite a few named that can be tashed and malo'd and you still can't land slow, cripple or magic spells on them. Thats nuts in the group game outside of a rare named not tied into progression.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Design wise, I think that mage/bst/necros should be able to use pets to progress to at least the middle zones of modern content. Especially with active usage of an ability that prevents them from properly rotating their DPS cycles.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. took2summit11 Augur

So you think a mage should be able to do ALL things in the game as good as classes dedicated to that sole purpose, and if they can’t, the content is overtuned? I knew this issue was about mages not being able to pet tank through progression content. The problem is, if the devs tuned the progression for mage pets to be able to tank it..it would be so incredibly easy for anyone with an actual tank in their group.
  9. Axxius Augur

THIS.

On some stuff in Esianti and Mearatas you can't land a slow even with Tash + Malo + Harmony of Tone! :eek: They are not immune. Sometimes the slow would finally land (with all those debuffs) when the mob is about to die.

Did somebody miscalculate something about magic resist?
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. took2summit11 Augur

I am all for mage pets tanking. In ROS they can tank 1 mob at a time for xp groups, including nameds. That’s fine. If you have a real tank in an ROS group they are pulling 4-6 at a time without breaking a sweat. That can’t be translated properly to the progression quests.
  11. Vdidar Augur

They should have a beta session to test this stuff...
  12. Tucoh Augur

Slow in TBL is only slightly effective, right? So a shaman's turgur's only reduces mob attack speed by 19%? That's significant, but is only going to be one part of a tank's defensive abilities. Its absence due to resists / immunity isn't the end of the world.
  13. GoneFission Augur

Would it be possible to offer a pick zone option like /pick120 to get a zone instance scaled up by 20% difficulty for the rough riders? This doesn’t affect me personally since I’m still working older expansions, but the other posters are right - this comes up every expansion (like doing the Lcenium spider caves 3 weeks after EoK launch). Can the pick zone function be adapted to select challenge level without consuming too much developer time?
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Instead of inflating mobs HPs, DBG seems to have increased the mobs overall mitigation. I am ok with making mobs harder for groups (they need to be), but they provide content for those who purchased the expansion and are not ready for that style of play.
  15. smash Augur

Do not forget to reduce the dots and nukes as well, they a big part of the problem as well.
  16. TheStugots Augur

@took2summit11 - you should really stop while you’re behind. It seems, from the outside looking in, that you’re just arguing and making this “I can tank it so everyone should be able to” stance just to argue and make that stance. You’ve said your piece. You’ve made your point. Everyone who has read this thread understands your EoK group geared, 16K AA’d Paladin, in a group setting, has tanked TBL Progression. Leave it be. You’re a great EQ’er and gamer in general.
    Stiku, Zamiam, jeskola and 2 others like this.
  17. Bamboompow Augur

They did.

Its called Ring of Scale, Empires of Kunark, The Broken Mirror.........
    Belexes likes this.
  18. Yimin Augur

Yeah I am as a matter of fact , if she is supported by a full group and why not Earth pet is a Beast ,She is a raider her pet is a monster she should be able to help people through group content , but this is not about people complaining pets can't tank this content , people are claiming raid geared tanks are getting spanked here ...

YiMin
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  19. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

I definitely agree with Mills on this, it's not the Melee dmg and health that is the issue. Its the resists these mobs have (as well as "some" spell damage) Im sure people don't mind longer fights, but not being able to debuff a mob properly seems like the major issue. IMO
  20. Axxius Augur

It was fine on beta. At least for most of it. A raid geared group had no trouble with the missions in the middle of beta, and I was even able to 3-box most of it with 1 raider and 2 group geared alts. It looked decently challenging for groupers and too easy for raiders (as group content should be).

But then apparently it all got tuned up before the release. :rolleyes:
    Pirlo likes this.