Coirnav - Merge GoD & OoW releases

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sultan, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Sultan Elder

In all honesty, you cant predict that when the current trend is based on the time it takes to get through to TSS where the game takes a turn on all fronts for all classes. many if not most players who revisit TLP servers on a constant basis have likely not even played past OoW.
  2. Dupre_MIM Elder

Another poorly thought out idea.

GoD is a great expansion with content worth doing. If you want to shorten the time between PoP and TSS, look for merges that make sense. Merge LDoN with PoP or GoD for example. That is a discussion worth happening. GoD merging with OoW completely ruins GoD.
    Zadune, snailish and discordkitty like this.
  3. Sultan Elder

Disagree, it doesn't ruin anything and the original live release of GoD was suppose to include OoW however they broke it into two due to size.

As I stated further up, yes LDoN should be merged with PoP release and DoN merged with DoDH release.

So what they should do is,
    • PoP, LoY, LDoN for 3 months
    • GoD, OoW for 3 months
    • DoN, DoDH for 3 months
    • PoR for 2 months
    • TSS
  4. malaki Augur

There was like a 90000 page thread that was almost unanimously in opposition to merging GoD and Omens, which certainly contributed to them deciding not to merge them afterall. They were almost unanimously praised for this and just about every response to it was positive after GoD was released on Phinny. It turned out GoD might be the best TLP expansion as it currently stands. Merging them is a terrible, terrible idea unless your goal is to kill Coirnav for some other reason.
    snailish and Nolrog like this.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Yup I had a lot of fun with GoD and being able to be level 70 with those CA/CS AAs would make GoD a joke. A couple guilds that were zerging through the expansions ended up breaking up due to GoD.
  6. Nolrog Augur

That is not exactly accurate.

What happened was, that from the minute they announced that they would be released together, there was instant, widespread and pretty unanimous requests that these two be released separately. The Devs said that they would consider it and then at some point later on, they announce that it would be split.

You are trying to make it seem like this was sprung on people, like it was totally unexpected (GOD releases on Wednesday oh and by the way, OOW won't release at the same time.)

The issue is not GOD/OOW, the issue is that DoN, DoDh and PoR don't have enough character development to keep people interested so they drift off during this time frame.

Instead of opening GOD and OOW at the same time, you should be asking that they reduce the time between DoN, DoDh and PoR to be 3-4 weeks.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Sultan Elder

Right because Corinav will prove to outdo Phinny and every other TLP that has failed around OoW, I think not.

Most of the top guilds on Phinny collapsed into OGC at around OoW/DoN including your own, so.....
  8. Sultan Elder

Most players are gone before DoN, DoDH and PoR are even out to experience what they have to offer.

Remind me how many guilds were left raiding by the time PoR released on Phinny again? 3 maybe 4?
  9. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Phinny Progress states that pre-TSS Launch (May 23), 13 guilds defeated Ayonae, with another 2 guilds that had defeated Sullon in-era. This was down from the 15 guilds that beat Mayong In era, but still tremendously more than your assumed numbers.
  10. snailish Augur

Of all the possible, logical mergers of expacs... GoD + OoW would be one of the worst to do.

A server starting open at Velious would be brilliant.

PoP + LoY + LDoN are one expansion and should always be treated as such.

The "mission only" (i.e., DoN) expacs should always be tacked onto the expac prior... they tend to be the group level content that follows a raid heavy expac.

The length of time in era should be done one of three ways:
    -basic tuning of a set auto-unlock (3 months seems to be the workable compromise)
    -actual tuning of auto-unlocks based on a reasonable time frame to do the content in era if you are trying (i.e., Underfoot might need more than 3 months, almost nothing else will)
    -racing-unlocks that you beat the content the server goes to next expac in 2 weeks.

Don't really need any other options that I have heard of...
    Sultan likes this.
  11. malaki Augur

What?
    Punchu likes this.
  12. Ahze Elder

This is a terrible idea, GoD and OoW are individually excellent eras and are worth the time spent in them.

Also Sultan you clearly have no idea what has happened on Phinny.
  13. Machentoo Augur

LOL. GoD being a separate release only helped Phinny. People loved it. I can't recount how many people I heard raving about how great it was, people who had wanted it bundled and thought it would be awful. 20 guilds beat PoP, and 19 guilds beat GoD, in era, so it's not as if people were bailing out when GoD dropped. And that was after an eternity in LDON.

If you want to bundle something, bundle DoDH and PoR. Eliminate the additional time for LDON, just lump it in with POP. Or make DoN and PoR both 1 month instead of two, if you just want the period to level 75 shorter.

Bundle GOD at your own peril, it will hurt a lot more than it will help.
    snailish likes this.
  14. Kragin Augur

Apparently neither do you
    Sultan likes this.
  15. Snomie Elder

I mean... if you're just going to make up things at least make the lies interesting.

Anyway you should be more worried about what RI is up to right now. Those in the know on Coirnav will tell you that Relentless Insomnia actually has a plant inside 'The Final Crusade'. One of their officers is part of the RMT inner circle and they plan to work together to sabotage other guilds during Velious launch to push up the price of the first SoD drop and eventually wake the sleeper.
    Jelo likes this.
  16. Sultan Elder

Finally someone with something real to offer.
  17. Sultan Elder

Who cares, the server is screaming for the True Box lock to be removed after watching the server population plummet since the release of Agnarr and Corinav which is due to the boredom incurred by the length of time stuck in expansions not many people like. Enough said.
  18. Sultan Elder

Log on and try and get a group, see how you go.
  19. Punchu Augur

Do elaborate please. Tell us the story of OGC absorbing all the top guilds in DoN.
    Machentoo likes this.
  20. Goodkitty Augur

I wouldn't change how phini has progressed other than DBG not releasing other TLP servers
    Nolrog likes this.