A polite request - illusions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, May 20, 2018.

1. Tutankamen Augur

The VOA quest 'Breaching the Barrier' has some of the best illusions in the entire game. I will include a few screenshots. I was hoping to lobby the devs to add these to the market. Even if for a premium price. I'm pretty sure people would pay that... Not many people even do these quests from VOA anymore- if at all... let's not let this artwork go to waste!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I kind of like the idea of illusions that are only available through actual effort instead of just opening the wallet.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I agree, I miss having quests for illusions or the occasional raid dropped illusion.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I second the idea of more in game illusions. At 110 most of those VOA quests should be a cake walk pending some weird mechanics so it should not be all that difficult to obtain these. I know I have over a dozen quested illusions and its always cool to be rewarded with something unique that you can use years later.
  5. Yimin Augur

6. Tutankamen Augur

I think you guys kind of misunderstood - this is a monster mission meaning these illusions are not attainable in game- you can only take these forms inside that specific mission. Now... if they wanted to make a quest to obtain them over putting them in the market for cash- I'm even MORE for that... but since I kind of don't see that happening ( again, would love that if it did) I would gladly pay a premium price for these illusions- they're amazing... you can see just from the 2 screenshots. soulsek ro and the paladin centaur especially... amazing. The artwork is some of the best i've ever seen in EQ. I like Grieg a lot too , though.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think you should be able to quest one deity-illusion, for the deity you chose at character creation. :) just being able to look like a random god doesn't make any sense imho, it should fit your character! Maybe even give it a tiny deity-relevant buff, to go with it. :cool:

What would your GOD demand of you, to bless you with the power of his avatar? Don't tell me that quest isn't begging to be made...
    Felicite and Fanra like this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Well after looking at the quest I now understand you want the character models that are used in these monster missions to be made into illusions. I thought this was a reward from doing the actual mission. There are some pretty cool mobs and models already in game as you have stated that would be really cool if they were made into illusion items.
  9. Imak Augur

Recalling the Great Unbridled Outrage of 2014 which transpired over Guise of the Ancient Gods.

At that time, one of the devs (Elidroth?) said these types of iconic illusions aren't readily available in game for immersion reasons and will remain so. Seemed like there was much hindsight regret in creating this item in the first place. I don't expect to ever see any additional god illusions come into being.

You can be Cazic Thule all day every day if you want to invest in the potions.
  10. Tutankamen Augur

I don't really think that logic applies anymore. You can already buy prexus illusions from the store.

I also think that devs are looking for more ways to generate cashflow to keep the game alive and people happy and this is clearly a good step in that direction.
    Eteract and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Devs are in the process of adding nice illusions through Heritage Crates. I thought the “Mother of the Ayr’Dal” illusion was amazing.

I think that God-like illusions will continue to be off-limits (I fought for Bristlebane illusion from Guise of the Ancient Gods to be of normal duration not 30 minutes). Another problem is saturating the game with illusions can hurt immersion (see Free Realms and EQ2 in some ways).

My idea of future illusion sets would utilize each starting city's guards models (old world Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak, Kaladim, Kelethi, Felwhite guards) to add a sort of immersion plus lore interplay.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

To be fair the second they introduced mounts the immersion argument kind of loses credibility imo. I can only think of a handful of npc's in game that actually ride a mount and they are riding on horses. Players zipping round on flying carpets, lizards, bears, dragons and so forth does not exactly fit. I certainly am not complaining about mounts though because I cant even begin to imagine trying to foot it all over this game again. I do agree that I don't want to see EQ gods around every corner as they should be more of a special appearance. If they did make god illusions they should be via a quest line and it should be so ridiculous that only the most serious of collectors would even consider taking it on to prevent us from seeing dozens of gods in every zone.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think the immersion argument is more likened to saturation than shock value. (Though the recent cockatrice mount deviates from the norm. It does not match the duck mounts of EQ2). Illusions (and mount models) are "a dime a dozen" on EQ2 and don't feel particularly special over the long term. Even Polymorphs on EQ1 seem somewhat cheapened despite awesome illusions.

I agree that illusion quests (God or not) should be difficult to represent something special. Or, they ought to continue to use LoN/Heritage Crate RNG loot box system to really limit them as collector's items. A third route would be to "flash sale" cool illusions at exorbitant prices (10000 DBC) during a limited time (1 day - 1 week).
  14. snailish Augur

/claim on new expacs is a smart place to tier some really good illusions by the standard/collector's etc. versions.

creates purchase incentive for those that forget to level past 85...
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

God illusions could be tied to a powerful short-duration buff with a very long cooldown(a bit like veteran-rewards, but quested instead). That way, if someone is looking like a god, you know they are about to do something godlike.

I agree that too many illusions/mounts/familiars/mercs will make the game look very silly!(I think they should have stopped after drogmors).
    Yimin likes this.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

Any comments from the Dev team? Ng??? :)
  17. Angahran Augur

If more illusions are added can we also get more slots in the blocked spell list ?
    Or, the option to block 'types' of spells, e.g. block all wolf illusions.

I think I have 20 slots wasted blocking all the different wolf illusions, then there are all the illusions from the eyepatch, 2 for each player race.
  18. menown Augur

I would like more class only illusions. There are so any undead models that I have yet to acquire on my necro.
    Felicite likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

Actually, it would appear that making money is not a top priority seeing as they just changed it to where that you can't buy Clarity, Haste, and SoW potions from the marketplace anymore on TLP servers that have not reached the Prophecy of Ro expansion yet.

So, I guess you can forget any logic based on them making decisions that affect making money.
  20. Thraine Augur

who needs money when you have all that integrity? :rolleyes: