captcha on forum login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghubuk, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Never had a captcha window to complete prior to logging into the forums. What would all of a sudden cause this?
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Herf Augur

3. Malbro Augur

What a crock of crap:mad: Daybreak must want to cut down on people logging in.
    Zhaunil_AB and Catarina Kerr like this.
  4. Moldar Augur

I honestly do not see the big deal, it is one more mouse click.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, if bots are not allowed in-game, why should they have access to the forums? :p
    eepok likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's probably protecting us from the forums being spammed by people selling or posting links to watch movies online. At least that's the case if you go by what happens on other forums that don't use Captcha's.
    eepok and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Was about 8 additional mouse clicks for me. Just saying.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

I only asked because it didn't have it before.
  9. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Yea I noticed it as well. Only mainly annoying when on mobile. I have to relog back in if I am on WiFi and then happen to be roaming, like leaving home or the office or coffee shop or whatever. Doing capcha each time is a bit annoying but I guess I have no choice!
  10. svann Augur

At least its no longer asking to save my scrambled name and password every time.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Stops automated brute force attacks trying to guess user/passwords.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

So does locking accounts after multiple failures. So does blocking IPs after multiple failed attempts. But neither of those inconvenience users.

I can't even figure out the intention behind adding a checkbox and a time delay. Without presenting a test that "only a human could solve", it's not even a real CAPTCHA. It's just wasting time? Somebody enlighten me. Right now, it just seems like they turned it on because everybody else is doing it.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Nevermind. I googled it and discovered that you can get the checkbox instead of a regular CAPTCHA if the site believes that you are already logged into a google or other trusted service. Basically, because they've already been tracking you.

I still don't see what they have to gain that would balance out the collective inconvenience. Especially for logins (as opposed to account creations).
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Yea, thankfully it has “learned” that I’m not a bot anymore so I don’t have to do the test each time and can just click the checkbox.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Everytime I click the box, I feel a little bit more like a bot.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wish I could just click the check box... 12 clicks today. I am starting to worry I may be a bot and not know it. :)

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. A robot cannot tell the difference between cars and store fronts.

Oh oh.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Cazmac like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Clearly they think that the discussions we have on this forum are TOO founded in logic...:p

Only hyperbolic and emotional drama-queens(humans!) are allowed to post...:eek:
  18. Gialana Augur

And I just failed 4 or 5 in a row, even though I saw roads and signs in the boxes I clicked. Very annoying tool.
  19. Geroblue Augur

I failed to... looks like some of the street signs you have to select the post holding them up, and some not. And some pictures are too dark for me to see them well enough to figure out what is on them.
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have some auto-fail images, just to make you repeat the process so they can collect more data.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.