Monk stunning kick removed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aganerral, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Thunderkiks Augur

I'm that kind of crazy :p
    feeltheburn likes this.
  2. feeltheburn Augur

TRUE STORY
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I haven't even done all that on my main, yet ;)
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

The ignorance in this thread makes it clear why the Monk class is hands down the worst class in the game.

The people posting about stunning kick and the monk class in general, basically know absolutely nothing about playing a monk and don't have to... Hey, Thrill Ho, I actually know you in game and you bot so there's that.
  5. Thrillho Augur

Enlighten us as to the ways of the monk, Grand Master. We are but humble grasshoppers.

Awesome! It's always fun when that happens. Ohhh, you're Soandso? We've chatted so much! Oh, wait a minute, what about this little snippet:

I thought you knew me?

Oh sweet! I've never been accused of that before on EQ! I've had that a few times on TF2, but it's a completely different game. I hope you can back up that claim though.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

you really are a tool. Ashamed to say I share a class with your immense wealth of holier then thou mentality and lack of sense to back it up. You aren't half of what you think you are and it's really a shame you think you are, your not half the monk of most and a quarter of what you self value yourself as.
  7. HeatherPurrs Augur

"You're"

If you knew the game and the classes you'd be fully aware that Monks are out damaged by Zerks and Rogues. Out pulled depending on the zone/instance by Bards, Rogues or SKs and even freaking Rangers. Monk's have less utility than / improve their group in some way "are worse" than, well pretty much every other class in the game and Molo worse than every other class in the game if you only consider "can you kill it?" as the criteria.

Being a realist and knowing you're dedicated to the worst class in the game isn't stupidity or ignorant or shameful, but not knowing this is pretty much an example of all three. It pretty much a given the way the game's been going the last five years that the essential classes were going to be catered to and improved for expansions and that the nonessential classes simply weren't going to get development time. Like it or not this game is a business.

Not only am I one of the top three monks on my server, I'm also the only monk on my server who is raiding and not boxing/boting. That's not to say there's anything wrong with boxing or boting both are perfectly ok, I just want to make it clear how much effort I put into playing a monk and only a monk.

I honestly don't have Jack to prove to anyone. What bothers me more than anything is the lack of understanding by the majority of people posting in this thread that removal of our utility was and is a huge nerf and the increase in DPS, is less that 5k DPS... I'm not trading 5k DPS (Which leaves us way behind zerks, since we can average 200k to 250k DPS and zerks can average 1.5 million dps on trash mobs) for the loss of a 3 second stun without some protest.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

lol top three on what? Agnarr?? your laughable at best....and with each post you make your legend of how little you are, and how little you know of the class just grows. If you are so down on the class and so sure of how worthless monks are, go re roll a new toon, because its apparent you cannot play the class well at all when you constantly belittle and berate the class and how worthless it is. I think I hear your mom calling, its dinner time go head upstairs now.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

Beautiful. Adorable. You know why stun etc. were nerfed they way they were? Because there was no development time to consolidate our AA and leave those abilities as they were. So the easy solution was to tie them to other attacks and leave it at that.
  10. feeltheburn Augur

LOL you amuse me you really do. All you can lament on is SK?? have you no skill or other worries to better yourself then to cry over that? See what I think your issue is ...is your alone time which it seems you have plenty of. You cannot DPS worth a hill of beans therefore you have no value there, and your alone time requires you to molo alot, which is also something you lament over that the class cannot do, which is so wrong its ridiculous, and therefore somehow SK just absolutely ruins your ability to pull, tank etc, which also proves out how not "top 3" you are.

But please continue to regale all us little monks in your crusade of how awesome you are and know so much more then we do. The entertainment value you bring to this thread and the forums in general is beyond compare
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The most important thing is that you like the class and enjoy playing it. It sounds like you may have at one point, but now the raiding scene has you buried in class envy. Go play a Berserker, see if the grass is greener, it's the only way you'll know for sure.

On the point of "weakest molo," there is some truth there, but it's not so simple. Anybody who isn't playing a tank, a healer, or a pet class is at a disadvantage by themselves. The tank + healer group core is important. Monks, Rogues, and Berserkers, they're all in the same boat. Rogue's arguably have it the worst, I've experienced this first hand. They can't even tank as well as us, so their molo is relegated to things their healer can keep up with, or things a tank can handle with no healing, which isn't much. At 83 in T1 and T2 House of Thule gear, I couldn't even molo light blues in Oceangrean Hills with a J5 tank or healer merc on my Rogue. Berserkers kill faster but they don't tank well either.

We may lose out to those classes in DPS, but I find our moloing to be a better experience. I played this Monk solo 1-52, pre-mercs, then Heroic'd him back in April and leveled to 105 over the next few months. It's a fun class for me, but I'm not worried about comparing myself to the people around me. I improve the character any way I can, whenever I can. There are things I like and miss about my Rogue, and I will play him again eventually. Both classes have pluses and minuses, and both can be fun in different ways. We are supposed to be having fun after all, play whatever is fun.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Good players don’t spend their time posting whiney rants on a forum and defending the idiocy by claiming they’re a “top” player.

So unless you’re basing “top 3 on my server” by heroic charisma....yeah, no. Also as for time invested in your toon...you appear to have been getting AA for your monk from autogrant as recently as last year? And arguing with RoI people on how fast gribbles can be done? Nice!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ke-a-monk-to-get-4-5k-aa.232197/#post-3424987

Nothing says class dedication like How Do I posts and Gribbles!
    Belexes, Thrillho and feeltheburn like this.
  13. feeltheburn Augur

lol Get with me soon Sheex I m buying you a beer...../cheers!!!
  14. Hickers Elder

At first I was a bit dubious of this change, mainly because I molo a lot, and I imagined that the loss of the stun would mean no respite on harder hitting mobs (that split second for my slacker merc to land a heal). However, since then I haven't noticed any real decline in my ability to tank mobs in EoK, and from looking at parses, the DPS gains (definitely more than 5k) are a welcome boost to our primary role.

Yes, stunning kick had its uses as a pulling tool, but this was a secondary benefit. We have so many other good tools for pulling (and more coming), any monk worth their salt can live without it.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  15. Thrillho Augur

Well, there it is. A complete rebuttal of a comment, simply by correcting some grammar. Well done. By the way:

Monk's should be Monks. Muphry's Law strikes again!

I molo just fine. I can do most of the content with just my healer merc. I've done the spider caves in Lceanium for the first set of partisan tasks. I've finished off Hunters, moloing a lot of them. Ground out the HAs for the type 5 augs - even when Lab was full of red cons. In fact, I do content faster with just my merc than groups do, simply because I can move wherever I need to go (FD flop, ID, neshika's blink, or just pure run speed beyond mobs), kill what needs to be killed, and run out. No needing to clear.

In terms of pulling, I pull just fine. I can single most mobs with AE mez, or with lull. If I really don't care about it, I'll pull a double and off-tank one of them (Earthforce works really well here).

Well, you kinda do when you're making the claims you're making. You claim to be the best, claim any good monk is one that runs bots (how is that even proven anyway?), claim that stunning kick is the greatest. You offer no examples of any of these claims and expect us to take your word on it because you're a self-proclaimed top 3 monk on an unspecified server. Drop your name, let us know who we're dealing with. Drop a Magelo link down - show off that epeen. Anyone who says they're the best usually isn't.

What bothers me more than anything is you criticize without offering help. If people aren't doing something correctly, correct them. Don't just say "you're doing this wrong." Help them understand. I've made plenty of mistakes - in game and on these forums. People have corrected me (not criticized), and I've learned from it. I try to do the same with others.

In terms of DPS, it looks like you're posting an average against a burst. I've sustained 200-250k DPS across full raid events. 400-500k on full boss fights. And I've hit 900k on burst (45-60 second fights). Zerkers hitting 1.5 mil certainly aren't a common occurrence, and absolutely don't happen for sustained events. They're absolutely above us in terms of DPS, but they're not 7x higher. Last time I saw a 1.5 mil parse out of a zerker was in full EoK gear running AE on Damsel in Sul. Since then, zerkers have been nerfed.

The stunning kick swap didn't add only 5K DPS. Running with just my merc, I can do a Heel + Dicho burn and hit 400k easily.

Looking at my recent logs, it looks like I haven't done much on Povar since I switched. Spending most of my time on Beta. In any case:

Some named fights when doing Combine for PS, healer merc + self buffs only:
    /G Praetor Ledalus Thaddaeus in 28s, 14065k @502326dps --- Thrillhouse 14065k @502326dps (100%)
    /G Necromaticus Abominatio in 27s, 11333k @419747dps --- Thrillhouse 11333k @419747dps (100%)
    /G Saevus Lapis Operarius in 35s, 14006k @400158dps --- Thrillhouse 14006k @400158dps (100%)
    /G Vicarum Spiritus Psyche in 38s, 14066k @370162dps --- Thrillhouse 14066k @370162dps (100%)

PoWar for CoP4 clicky, group with some DPS + bard:
    /G Rolfron Zek, Lord of Despair in 69s, 30465k @441523dps --- Thrillhouse 30465k @441523dps (100%)
    /G Rolfron Zek, Lord of Despair in 79s, 32289k @408727dps --- Thrillhouse + pets 32289k @408727dps (100%)

Droga fights:
    /G The Incarnate Droga in 92s, 40868k @444219dps --- Thrillhouse 40868k @444219dps (100%)
    /G The Incarnate Droga in 88s, 34756k @394958dps --- Thrillhouse 34756k @394958dps (100%)
    Belexes and DaciksBB like this.
  16. Belexes ForumQuester

Looks like Thrillho is chewing on $100 bills. What do you got Top Gun Heather? Put up or shut up. :)

I am also curious to see how you determine that you're top 3 on your server? Did you have a server wide monk-off? :p
  17. kizant Augur

How does a valid complaint about losing a valuable pulling tool turn into this joke of a thread? Sad.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

All it takes is one (self proclaimed) "top" player, apparently.
    Belexes likes this.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

20. feeltheburn Augur

when its not THAT important of a skill to rant on, when a self proclaimed "top player" claims to be one, who is so "DEDICATED" to a class that they autogranted AA's LOL, shows over and over how clueless they are and how big of a forum troll they are, YEAH this is what happens. All talk and nothing to back a thing up when others here have put the idiot's feet to the fire. Sheex called them out and their last post was the best they could do.