End all Multi-questing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fadenea, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LillyMay New Member

This is a change in our culture and the new generation. Back in the day the goal was to help other players, now its all about the only friend they had growing up. Themselves.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  2. Poydras Augur

I agree they should do this, and they'd clearly prefer it that way.

Presumably it requires them to change each quest however, or they'd have nerfed it long ago. I'd imagine they would update the epics sooner or later. For a future TLP perhaps.
  3. Death Strudel Augur

I don't think I've met anyone that plans to be on agnarr after they beat quarm a few times for his lewt. Some people plan on transferring (if they can), others are just holding hope for That Other Brad Game. I'm not sure there's any real thought of LoY or even LDoN, if they launch before the guilds implode then maybe someone will do them, otherwise it's going to be a ghost town.
    Kolani likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Unacceptable. We were promised guilds that would still be doing quarm two or three years later until everyone had 9 toons with best in slot gear. This is what nearly everyone told us they would do when you were all pushing for Agnarr before it existed!
  5. Machentoo Augur

Why would DBG want to reduce the amount of RMT when they get a cut? Your goals are not the same as their goals.
    Drusi likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

After we remove krono please give enchanters feign death as well.
  7. -wycca Augur

It's a source of continual amusement to me at all the people who, when RF & LJ were new, were screaming for 6 months (or more) unlock times. They got to experience them, and then there were no more posts. Agnarr - same thing from some of the people who were new to TLPs, funny how that died even with 3 month unlocks, will be riveting to see how that server fares after 6 months + of PoP.
  8. Kolani Augur

*spittake* This is one of the lowest volume eras for RMT ever in the game. There was far more RMT pre-Krono than they ever has been on all of the cancerous progression servers combined.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Let's all just agree that krono aside there are some really crappy things that seem very fixable that are constant sore spots.
    snailish likes this.
  10. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

The actual irony are that the people who want this are both the people who are profiting from the RMT farming as well as the people most injured by it.

The rest of us, including those of us who aren't already burnt out on TLPs (I haven't done one since Fippy, for example) are ready to just move along and put it behind us. Sure the attempts to monetize every little thing are obnoxious, but it won't matter. People forget, they never fixed the game, they just made expansions that made the previous problems mostly irrelevant. Eventually they got the recipe right, but of course we had all moved on to WoW.

These time locked servers are like some sort of S&M experience, but we have no safe word.
  11. Kiaro Augur

I love how you think that removing Multiquesting would stop the same from KSing your mob and then saying "Pay up or I destroy it" They did it on Phinigel for the cleric epic in Lake Rathe. Face it, Agnarr is a pile of toxic Krono selling RMTs and you all were warned ahead of time. I enjoy playing there, because my expectations are about at ground level. Don't get your hopes up.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Well for one thing it seems obvious that the "pile of toxic Krono selling RMTs" contingent are the latest favorites of DBG. Not sure which of favorites has proven worse, the self aggrandized elitist raiders or the RMTers.
    Oh wait maybe it is not two different groups after all...
  13. Kiaro Augur

They are pretty much the same pool of folks, I've seen them in action for quite some time now, but because of how popular RF/LJ/Phinigel were it caused some serious bloat in the amount of free floating krono, without reducing the overall value of them in the RMT market, this attracted folks like CAF like flies at a Chipotle restroom. Funny enough, once all the RMT folks leave Agnarr when it becomes unprofitable I wouldn't be shocked to see it below Vox on the population charts.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Actually I was looking forward to playing on the server down the road in hopes they will have exited but realize until greener pastures open elsewhere I doubt they will.
    snailish likes this.
  15. snailish Augur

Agnarr is the bizarre echo of the accidental Al'Kabor precedent.

I do expect the elite guilds and hardcore farmers to diminish greatly if not disappear, if not before LoY & LDoN, certainly before the lock has much time to settle. Boredom and greener pastures should come into play.

What interests me... is how large is that population that wanted a PC-side Al'Kabor? Does locking with the more casual-play friendly LoY & LDoN help maintain/draw population?

Al'Kabor did have that... people joining long after it was permalocked and abandoned. People that liked having a static level of endgame, even if the actual endgame (Time) was out of reach for most that played there.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

The big difference, in my estimation, is that Al'Kabor had an incredibly difficult (and for a long time unbeatable) endgame, while Agnarr will have a trivial endgame. It's one thing to keep working toward beating something tantalizingly out of reach for a year or two. It is something else to show up every week for a year or two, and beat the same trivial encounters over and over again, with no drama or risk of failure.
    snailish likes this.
  17. snailish Augur

valid point.

Low pop servers are bearable, nearly dead are not (having been on Vulak, Trakanon, etc.). Agnarr hopefully settles out to be low pop for a while into the lock.
  18. Zinth Augur

yet another Agnarr whiner... put a sock in it, play the game of go away to P99 or whatever hole ya came from...
  19. Fadenea New Member

No, I'm not a cleric but often see a**holes selling the entire Cleric, Mage, or some other classes epic. Knowing how hard it is for some to even get the camps they need to do their epic, it rubs me raw that they are being farmed by the krono hungry. There are many quests that should not be MQed, epics and keys are at least two types. They were meant for the player to complete all the steps, not just one and then get the reward in the end. I've no problem fighting for a camp with another who NEEDS it but fighting over camps for someone who just plans to SELL it is another issue altogether. It causes additional bottlenecks or makes already bottlenecked camps even worse. I find it hard to believe that this only happens on Agnarr but if that is the case then so be it.

I have seen first hand how this helped on the VP key quests, no doubt it would work on the others as well.

As far as your suggestion of playing a different game, maybe you should if you think it should not work as it was intended to. Seems it's people who want shortcuts and workarounds complaining the most about my post. I can understand how some quests might be broken, so quests that would be broken don't implement until they are fixed. The only people I would expect to complain are krono farmers, those twinking an alt, or those who would rather pay than do the work.
    Risiko likes this.
  20. Fadenea New Member

I'm glad you could respond so eloquently with such intelligent suggestions of different ways to fix an obvious problem.
    Overcast451 likes this.