End all Multi-questing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fadenea, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ckador Augur

2. Roxas MM Augur

yess, EQ evolves around you.....
  3. Theseus Lorekeeper

im not whining about how game should evolve around me! im a nice eq player who helps everyone. ask my guild about me. im speaking out about a concern here. farmers blocking players from doing their quests.
    Jaxarale and slayerofbats like this.
  4. snailish Augur

I sympathize with your situation.

Removing multi-questing just means the most targetable loot-rights become the bottleneck and/or tradable drops become unobtainium without paying up.

Most didn't get to do 1.0 in Kunark back in the day because they didn't know how, content wasn't instanced and 1 or maybe 2 guilds were holding content for themselves on most servers, and lots of people didn't even have a main over 30 yet. This was full-duration Kunark.

Not saying this to justify the aggravation that is trying to do an epic 1.0 on modern progression, just that perspective-wise expecting to do a highly-sought after quest on a high-population server in-era with the shorter timeframe is asking to face the stiffest of competition.
    Drusi likes this.
  5. Gremin Augur

I fully understand your concern and do empathize with it. However, it has been stated since Daybreak came into existence that play nice policy is no longer enforced. So unless they are actively training you, harassing you or doing something that directly effects your game play your screwed. Its one of the reasons a few of us decided to remain on servers like Lockjaw because we did not want to have to contend with that kinda of situation again. We had already pushed through it and our own servers have settled down so that is a very far and few between for us.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Xeris Augur

everyone in my guild who's worked at getting their epic has got their epic... get a guild dedicated to helping you get the epic and you will get it.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

You just asked for all 20 servers to be taken down because of an issue that only impacts your server at this point. Yes, you are asking for the game to revolve around you.
  8. Machentoo Augur

The server has a fixed expiration date. Are there any players there who are not just tourists? Seriously doubt anyone currently playing on Agnarr expects to still be playing there five or six years from now.
  9. snailish Augur

Well aren't we all just tourists on every server?

Agnarr specifically will have those that aren't looking to go past the PoP raiding let alone spend much time in the LDoN lock. Once that population segment is gone, the benefit of being a hardcore farmer may subside (or another newer server may provide a better opportunity).

The Agnarr population that is left 6 months into the lock is interesting to me. It could be enough to make it viable for a few years, and lasting a bit could make it a draw down the road. A reasonable very optimistic view is that you could get 5 years out of it. Then again it could go all Vulak server and be 99.9% empty 3 months after LDoN drops.
  10. Nolrog Augur

11. Lumiens Augur

Damn, you just reminded me of my Mortality and that I'm just a tourist in Life.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's amusing how you want "Classic" EQ... but then whine about this and that until they get removed. Oh, you mean "Classic" EQ bent around your mindset. Gotcha.
    Kolani likes this.
  13. Death Strudel Augur

The entire conception of agnarr was wildly stupid. You get all the disadvantages of RMT bot farming with all the advantages of a server that is going to melt-down and die overnight next year.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Long ago a wise man once told me "It aint the snow that's the problem... it's the mountains under it".
    It aint the server sunshine, it's the company running it. Run any server from any time period in this fashion and the exact same results will be seen every time just we are seeing the exact same results every TLP, a cesspit.
  15. Febb Augur

When it's time to develop an expansion, everything else is secondary. Agnarr is experiencing the expansion development period where issues are shelved. Once the expansion launches and major bugs are fixed, you'll most likely see more development being done on the progression servers.
  16. C3lowz Augur

Simple solution (which won't happen) Remove Krono.

The fact that the server opened and there were 1000s upon 1000s of Kronos released on a new server caused A LOT of RMT'rs to up their game in obtaining the Kronos.

If they REALLY cared about their customer satisfaction they would make a TLP server with Kronos disabled. Or at the very least only allow newly purchased Krono available on the server. This way the die hard RMT'rs won't go except a handful as always who sell plat. But right now EVERYTHING is trying to be sold for Kronos.

I remember the days people would spam chat with stuff rotting for people to go loot it before its lost in the Nether. Now people would rather let stuff rot if they're not getting any Kronos out of it.
  17. Ryuda Journeyman

No,

then it would "revolve" around buying plat over 3rd party sites, selling chars for money.. yada yada...like done before that Krono-madness. Now DGB makes the money, not the 3rd-party-sites.
    People will always find a way around. If you want to earn money=kronos then it makes no difference. It was before and it will always be...

If you cannot talk sense in the heads of these people (if they are guided, they ruin the reputation of the guild -> check on guildmaster) then simply be the one with the most fire power and gather enough people for this. As DGB stated there is no camp anymore.. this will be soon PVP-feeling. I don't like it and I am happy to be on a nice server and if that will be one day the case I have enough firepower to nuke their mobs to ashes ;)

If you cannot because you feel too "social" then change the server.

"if you cannot change the situation then change your perspective on that"...
  18. Nolrog Augur

LOL. How funny. You think removing krono will stop the RMT.
    Kolani likes this.
  19. C3lowz Augur

No. I don't think it will stop the RMT. I never said it will stop RMT from happening. I did say it will severely reduce the amount of RMT and get rid of the extreme amount of money hungry players in the game who try to monetize every single no trade / ground spawn item in the game.
  20. slayerofbats Augur

LOL. How funny. A classic strawman.