Increase plat limit in /bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tinyfeet, Sep 6, 2017.

1. svann Augur

If you raise the living expenses you hurt the poor newb more than you hurt the guy that has billions.

And yes not everyone is a millionaire in real life. You can still afford that iphone but you really dont need that maserati. Bottom line - why do you expect that you should be able to afford the very best?
    Maedhros likes this.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

There are quite a few high level folks, raiders and not, who are not swimming in plat either. They like quests, progression and such, but they will not specifically farm items for sale. Not everyone enjoys the merchant game. You put in plat sinks that affect gameplay ability, you gonna make many of those unhappy.
    Maserati from prior post is a good analogy. It is bling. You can get from A to B in a KIA. Add plat sinks for bling. Housing items, mounts, ornaments, illusions and such.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

On a 32bit OS?
  4. asfasfasfasf Augur

Every reply on this forum:

[IMG]
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Actually, most 32-bit systems are fully capable of operating on 64-bit value-types, they just can't do it in a single cpu-instruction.
    svann likes this.
  6. svann Augur

Again, what makes you think that everyone should be able to afford the very best items in game? There literally are not enough for everyone to have one.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  7. asfasfasfasf Augur

I don't? What makes you think that is what I want? My post was about inflation.
  8. svann Augur

The post I replied to wasnt very clear but it seemed to sarcastically support the ideal in this thread that high price items are too expensive and that that hurts the new player. Is that not what you meant? You werent saying that inflation is bad because the best items are too expensive?
  9. asfasfasfasf Augur

No, inflation is not really about whether things are expensive or not, but how valuable money itself is.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Not every end game player is rich. However rich is a relative term that may have a different meaning to me than it does to someone else. I know lots of people that don't have 60-100mil plat let alone 10mil. I for one never care about plat aside from Aug distillers, tradeskills components for food/drink/potions etc. However lots of other people utilize their riches much differently as well.

Inflation itself just relates to a steady increase of the price of an item or service over time. One could argue it doesn't matter if 1 plat was worth 1 plat or 1plat was worth 1mil plat. All that changes is how things are priced. Inflation will still occur based on how readily available an item is or isn't, how rare it is, what the item does for the consumer, etc.

Take for instance tradeskills components as people try to max out tradeskills to 350 to max Artisan Prize. Many of those items prior to the Aug getting a significant stat bump were readily available in the bazaar at a cheap price. The rarer items were there but priced higher. Now with demand so high inflation has occurred and prices are through the roof with of course most of those items not as available as before due to how many are buying them. That would occur no matter what the current base value was.
  11. svann Augur

Money is only as valuable as what it can buy. There is no other value to it.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

Why don't you go and google what inflation means instead of wasting my time?
  13. svann Augur

I know what inflation is. It is an increase in the money supply which generally results in an increase in prices.

Inflation in an mmo is different than in real life since vendor sold prices do not rise. You can still buy a loaf of bread for the same price as 17 years ago. The other thing that is different is that in an mmo there is nothing you need that is affected by inflation. In real life most people cant go farm their own food or build their own house so stuff they "have" to buy (or rent) costs them more. In game you can easily go get your own stuff. Thats actually the point of the game.

So what is so expensive that people are constantly complaining is too expensive? End game rares. Which not everyone should be able to afford since there isnt enough for everyone to have one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    So what is it you perceive as the problem and what do you suggest? Be specific.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  14. asfasfasfasf Augur

You don't understand what this thread is even about, and most of what you said is wrong.
  15. intothesky New Member

I was in the bazaar on Bristlebane and I saw more than 1 trader selling items for more than 2 million plat. one was 2,100,000 and another 2,147,483.
    I thought that 2 mil was the max and people are listing items above this. how is this possible?
  16. Captain Video Augur

You necro'ed a nonsensical thread just to ask this question?? :)The in-game limit isn't actually 2M PP exactly, the limit is based on the max signed value of a 32-bit integer, which happens to be 2,147,483,647. All coin values in the game are stored in units of copper (mentioned somewhere in the necro'ed thread), and so the max plat value is 2,147,483. Someone on Bristlebane has apparently been doing this for a while...
  17. Elskidor Augur

Necro thread or not, baz for good stuff is slowly becoming incapable of keeping up. There is really no reason at all to keep a trader system in play once the economy has exceeded its limit. Raise baz limit or get rid of it. This should have been done years ago.
    Eaedyilye, svann and Tierwyn like this.
  18. Captain Video Augur

Read the original thread, and pay close attention to the dev posts.
  19. svann Augur

IIRC last word (some time ago) was that they could do it but that the need to do it hadnt risen high enough to be worth the effort yet.
  20. Raccoo Augur

Would be helpful if you could sell items in barter mode in exchange for krono.