Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

The "Bards exist" sign never made it to the new building when they moved.....
    Metanis, IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  2. Triconix Augur

Since Defensive Proficiency increased from 25% to 30% due to the Warrior Only AA called Phalanx of One and soon after was dissolved and split into Defensive proficiency and DW proficiency can the warrior Defensive proficiency remain at 25%. The knight one should remain 20% as they should have never been given a part of the 10% bonus from the Warrior Only AA. They were gifted a class only ability and therefore given a free 5% mitigation.

If you don't boost the warrior proficiency, you effectively stripped 5% of an AA that we had since VoA. I would like that small bonus given back to us.

Edit: Warriors are slowly becoming DW 24/7 again. The long con is working! Bye bye sword and board days!
  3. WeCameWeConquered Elder

That is false. Valorous Rage was drastically overpowered from the onset. Just compare it to Heroic Rage and Carmine Rage. It was a very powerful percentaged based ability that also stacked well with other Paladin abilities (Pureforge, 7th, etc), and thus allowed rather ridiculous results. Paladins should be behind Warriors and Shadowknights in dps and not competing with dps classes.

What the dev team should do for Paladins is revisit their AE aggro capabilities. Single target aggro is fine but AE is less than limited.
  4. segap Augur

Isn't Selo's Kick an AA and all the other are Abilities? That would likely be different code paths to implement.
  5. Zolav Augur

Funny thing about this thread is all I see is knights complaining, hardly any melee lol.

I kind of agree with all the fixes except what they did to rangers. Thats just silly.
  6. smash Augur

I guess you then a ranger.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Let them completely neuter your "Burn" dps and see how your class would feel.
    Turayalon and Zolav like this.
  8. Nekradd Journeyman

Paladins not Knights... As a SK i saw this coming and i will still find a way to rock it
    Sindaiann and Zolav like this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This isn't true. A competent warrior or SK can hold aggro quite easily from a paladin with their AE aggro abilities. Force of Disruption, Crushes, and stuns, are not strong enough.
    Turayalon likes this.
  10. Zolav Augur

No I am a Zerker.
  11. Zolav Augur

Been there, at the start of TBS they "fixed" our flurry output. Apparently it was firing too much. If I recall it was a decent hit. I dont rem crying about it though. If they did wreck our dps to a horrible state I would still play, being top dps is fun but its not everything. You just have to try harder.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If by "competent", you mean any trained chimpanzees playing a War/SK hitting their ridiculous-100%-uptime-passive-ae-aggro-ability-button, then yar, matey.

Aggro is apparently only sposed to be a thing if you ride a unicorn and rock alt activation #76.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

Weren't you complaining in a different thread that your rune spells weren't viable?

Warranted or not nerfs suck, and the pally nerfs were pretty harsh, especially considering the deficiencies the class faces in other areas.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Turayalon like this.
  15. Xanathol Augur

It is not "AE aggro abilities" but rather one - harmonious - and I think most sensible folks agree, harmonious is bad for the game. The devs just need to address it.
    Krazzi likes this.
  16. Randragon Augur

If you are taking away the focus effect from Ranger's Dichotomic Fussilade with Scarlett Cheetah then you need to either lower the mana cost of Dicho or the mana drain from Cheetah. As it stands it will be a a waste of time to use Cheetah even more.
    Deloehne likes this.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

Wade into Battle as well.
    Sheex likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

Not even close.
  19. Hafanhaf New Member

To me it sounds like only the abilities with non-cumulative bonuses will stop stacking with each other, but not with other crit damage bonus abilities.

Does this mean that Jugg surge+bloodlust auras extra 60/30% crit damage will still stack with all of the non-cumulative effects? If this is the case I get 370%/540% that I used to get during burn (280 SS, 30 bloodlust, 60 jugg) or 63.79% of my crit damage from before.
  20. Zish Elder

I like pressing buttons.. making combat feel somewhat active.

At the very least I can press Bash every few seconds to feel like I am accomplishing something..

Now I won't even have that...