Warrior ideas

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Silias McKendrick, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Tenken Augur

Well Elidroth in all respect needs to open his brain an actually think about it. Not going to let idea go of working with/around WArrior's berserk mode... cause it is the only way to bring back the warrior to par with the other tanks defense wise and offense for raids and group.

Warrior going berserk = Should effect the warrior class to deal damage[crippling blows] but also should withstand damage reason why there should be somekind of mitigation as they drop in health, then by adding some AA's too allow you to go berserk eariler would make it more effective.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

I don't see the need to tie it to low HP, we should have freaking fantastic mitigation 24x7.

Permanent uber berserk mode would be nice for soloing easy light blues though ;)
  3. fransisco Augur

AEs are very much so meant to affect tanks. Otherwise, all 3 tanks would have abilities to make them immune.
    Healers get strained by the tank getting reamed. AEs do just that by providing spike damage that rapidly moves the tank life bar.

Now that I think about it, tanks will NEVER get a way to seriously mitigate spike damage. That would simply make healing to easy and boring. Tanking mechanics are a combination of damage taking and healing. In order to keep the healing side of the equation somewhat challenging, the tank cannot take continual damage that can be kept up with. It needs to be variable to keep clerics from falling asleep (faster than normal).
  4. Dre. Altoholic

We've already started to see this with AE's that ignore the MT. The solution is some spell mitigation improvements to tanks, plus make the AE's smaller and faster. You can even make them higher DPS. Much better than randomly killing tanks or people who clicked a modrod.
  5. Tenken Augur

Another suggestion! Tied to HP but make a passive AA that allows a warrior to gain AC as he falls:

Example 100-90% = 100ac, 90-80%=200ac, 80-70%=350ac, 70-60%=400ac, 60-50%= 500ac,
    [Berserk mode:muscle tighten] 50-40%=1000ac, 40-30%=2000, 30-20%= 3500ac, 20-1%=4500ac

Be 9 ranks total each rank unlocks the HP%
  6. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already. Do warriors have a greater defense skill cap than hybrids? It seems to me that warriors should have a non trivial advantage in their defensive skills. Things like parry, dodge, riposte, and defense should be higher than a hybrids. I would even go further, because warriors give up all spell training to focus on melee skills, their offensive capabilities with weapons should also be a non trivial amount higher than hybrids. Is the game like this? Because if it is not, that's a big part of the problem right there.
  7. Ranpha Augur

They have higher caps. But since there have been diminishing returns from these skills, the difference is much much smaller than it used to be at level 50 or 60. They only maintained the absolute difference in skill cap points, not the relative difference or even the actual difference (when parsed).

So yes, warriors have higher caps, but it doesn't actually set us apart much anymore like it did in the original design of the classes when the max level was level 50.