Grats RoI on Finishing EoK 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Atvar Augur

What's funny is the rest of the top 10 guilds have spent more time raiding EoK, without even seeing the final three raids.
  2. Slippry Augur

Hey, at least CT has seen a raid in Kor'Sha now.

I don't think they even did morning raids. Must suck for anyone who did off-hour raids and hasn't finished the expansion or seen T3.
  3. Maedhros High King

Cant speak for the others, but I am rather enjoying the expansion.
    Not every guild gets a free invite to T3 raids from the GM's in BETA.
    Not that ROI couldnt have figured it all out live, but it would certainly have extended the time to beat the expansion by a few days.
    I understand that Daybreak requires the communities assistance to tune the events in BETA, so it is what it is, but noone can claim that isnt a huge advantage.
    Yes I am well aware that several other guilds get the invites from the Devs, and havent performed as well as ROI. There is most likely a higher talent level average in ROI than anywhere else, that is worth admiring.
    Not everyone can raid at 8am on a weekday, nor is everyone willing to be required to share their account information to be boxed if they are unable to attend raids.
    I guess I will have to gladly earn everything I get in the expansion by doing it all the hard way.
    Happy that you are amused though!
  4. Cleaver Augur

Beta testing only goes so far. Especially when they add/change stuff to raids after beta ends without actually testing any of it. They do it every year. Then you get the changes that are done live but never in patch notes.

lol. ill raid a few more days longer and not wake up at 3 am. EQ aint that important. It's not even a beat the expansion race. Its a lockout timer race. Whoever can get 45 + people to show up at the exact time the lockouts are up to raid will win the expansion.
    RPoo, MrMajestykx and Reht like this.
  5. Sancus Augur

How's that working out for you in T3?
    Drogba likes this.
  6. Maedhros High King

Only goes so far?
    I mean if you beat an event in BETA you learn positioning, if there are any ae's, if/when there are any adds and how many, if there are emotes, and guilds can develop 95% of a working strat on an event.

Then on opening day when the clock is ticking you can go in, deal with the one or two little surprises on the fly, and get your name chiseled in on the stone tablets of EGL.

Please dont try to downplay the significance of BETA testing and the VIP stamped pass to T2 and T3 raids with the devs for the top handful of guilds.
    The rest of the raid guilds that went into BETA had to hammer away trying to flag off T1 raids that didnt even drop the Seal for the flagging for the first week of BETA.

Its a massive advantage.

Want to level the playing field? Remove flag obstacles in BETA - let any and every guild try the events, whether they are flagged for them or not and see where the chips fall.

I'm not naive, ROI would still be the top guild. The list down from there might get some nice shake ups though.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Inaccurate, just fyi.

And as far as comments go about beta testing and it's benefits, trust me when I say T3 is quite different from what beta was.
    FawnTemplar and Sancus like this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

all due respect to comments here, I beta tested, as Sind stated here bout T3 heck even T2 events were tuned/changed quite a bit. Beta doesnt give you the keys TO the win, see the event yes helpful but you still need to execute the changes
    Sancus likes this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

When the gap between lockouts is over three days, its still a lockout race? Yeah, no.
  10. Cleaver Augur

Where do you get 3 days from ? If you raided lockouts every cycle you gain 12 + hrs really more per cycle. Do the math you're smart. You should be 6 + days ahead.

Raids were changed from the last day of beta to now that there is very little advantage to doing them in beta.

For the record we didn't dev raid until the 2nd week of beta we flagged out entire guild for tier 2 before doing any dev raid.

I do agree the flagging system is stupid. Stagnate the release of each tier so there isn't a lockout race. Maybe ROI still wins but at least it would be a real race and not a can you raid at 3 am race.

Nothing against ROI they're a great guild and earned the win so grats.
  11. Sancus Augur

You guys got to T3 the night of the 4th, 3 days after we got there (which was on the 1st). You raided Saturday mornings and the morning after Christmas which decreased the gap.

If this was solely a lockout race, you would have beat T3 on the 4th. As you haven't beat the first T3 raid yet, it would suggest there are more factors than just lockouts.
  12. Rafather Augur

I'm wondering if this is going to be as fun as Fumerak, or Plane of War for second place. BTW was Casual Gamers Lounge taken down? How am I going to watch the race since we are back to 3 hours of raiding a week.
  13. Rafather Augur

My bad, it's an update happening at the site.
  14. Pano Augur

Sancus has been slain by a pillar of flames!
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

The humility and humbleness displayed by some on this thread is refreshing and nice to see. Others, not as much.

IMHO the true test of how talented any guild is is not by lockout timers, or how fast someone can request a raid, or how many berserkers they have... but rather how many attempts it takes the guild to defeat a brand new, no strats, no information, never before seen raid. Some guilds can go in blind and dumb to any event and defeat it on the first try- these are the true "elite" guilds. Some need two or three attempts, and some need 20+ attempts.

However with guilds able to see raids in Beta (whether it be flagging the guild or a GM invite), with information shared amongst friends on other servers, and with access to spell data to plan out GINA or audio triggers ahead of time... Unfortunately we may never really truly know who is "elite" and who is not. Instead we are left with a player created "race" to determine who the "elite" is.

Now, don't read into that. I am *not* saying ROI or any other guild is elite or not elite. I am just stating my opinion of what a true test of a guild's talent is, which is fewest attempts to victory. Considering ROI entered T3 on Sunday morning (I believe) and defeated all three events late evening on that same day, if no other guild can defeat all three events within the 16 hours (or whatever it was) that they took playing then they can claim two titles- "race" and "talent". In the end they probably will, but we may never known for sure...
    RPoo and Maedhros like this.
  16. Slippry Augur

9 hours from the start of T3 to the final chest being opened. Less than 11 hours raiding that day from the start of T2 to the end of T3. That's including all the misc logistics things like loot calls, moving, and breaks. This day was also the closest we came to raiding on a holiday, starting at 2pm est on Jan 1st.

We had a ~3 hour lead going into T2, and by the time another guild had beaten T2, our lead was over 50 hours. Without digging up logs, I want to say Vault slowed us down by like 3 hours. Once T3 is down, you can use this info to figure out the ratio between RoI wipe times and another guild's!

And there was an event like you described, PoWar. A non-RoI guild beta tested it, so we went in completely blind, and eventually beat it. Then NO ONE else even beat it before the event difficultly was literally cut in half. Then it was what? 3 weeks after the event was nerfed before another guild finally beat it?

PS, RoI is always recruiting top tier players of any class. But we especially want BSTs and ENCs right now.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

you guys are fine just the way you are, leave the beasts alone dont go Jolene on em !!
  18. shiftie Augur

Roi has won every expansion since 2009 can people stop pretending that something as dumb as beta and lockout racing has anything to do with it.
    Slippry likes this.
  19. Slippry Augur

But then we wouldn't get to have this thread every year!
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

I dont believe that at all. Savager is behind the shenanigans I just know it.