Is PoP flagging truly an intended bottleneck to the Artisan Aug?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

One of thr most frustrating bits for us has been needing a Quintessence of the Elements to finish gathering the mats for turnins. I think theres... 1 person on test that has it (and Corinav has been Mia for a week or so) because we were told way back when that of it was on our Keychain or was a granted flag, we wouldn't need the physical copy anymore.

Welp, now we do.

As an aside, if anyone wants to help a few people in test, I'm seeking someone who wants to testcopy over with a Quintessence! Will take less time than it does to patch, hah.
    Rivitt likes this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I didn't have my Quintessence on me when I got ported in PoInnovation. I read somewhere you had to have it on your person which isn't correct... I think I still have it in my house though.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I do know you still have to have the physical item, just the flag or backflag don't work.

A small part of me wishes Minimizing Device being my permanent ammo slot item for years didn't lead to me destroying mine back then, hah.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

I see two camps here. Those who likely have near unlimited time to wait out the prolonged PoP spawns and see nothing wrong with the timesink and those whose time is more limited to praying that the needed spawn will show up on the weekend - or wait. The latter really adds to the frustration as I can personally attest. Two of three PoP spawn had organized raids well after 11:00PM local but I have to work early in the morning and be somewhat cognizant of my surroundings. Meaning I need to sleep. On this schedule I am at the mercy of the former group or anyone else who decides that they could solo the mob and move on, not tell anyone else. This has likely happened any number of times on any number of servers - that's life in EQ.

Two possible solutions

Given the limited spawn cycle I do think it would be a reasonable draw to reduce these spawn to 36 hours, breaking the crushing bottleneck and providing that sliver of hope of a weekend pop. Otherwise people are going to farm this until its ultra routine or they get bored with doing so many 300(+) TS trophies.

Another option would be to put in a mini-quest to spawn a PoP boss. Something like requesting an audience with say, Sol Ro, whomever. Make the quest doable every 36 hours or 12 hours, whichever. Thinking something similar to Al'kabor's nightmare where you have three mini quests to jump from island to island. Still a timesink but for those without unlimited amounts of game time this would be a godsend - literally! LOL.

- Coagagin of Povar
    Rivitt, Gyurika Godofwar and Tharrg like this.
  5. Vdidar Augur

My only true gripe would be give us more bank storage so we never have to delete anything. I'm not a big fan of the housing storage so go ahead and tell me about how we already can use it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. segap Augur

Seriously... One thing this quest has done is caused a surge in level 1s on my accounts and filled the bank accounts of people selling trade satchels. I've become a hoarder of pretty much anything tagged as a trade skill mat not knowing what future content will stupidly require running through low level zones for hours collecting things that have been garbage for a decade.
  7. Vdidar Augur

I have had to redo all my advloot filters lol. I'm scared that anything I leave may be the one drop that takes days to farm down the road lol. I need at least 54 characters with 100 slot bags.
  8. Critts Augur

I correct this I have since gotten a TT and MB flag. The only reason I got these is because sadly someone died at my work place and the company halted operations for three days.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You know, we can use housing for storage.

:)

Tat
    Vdidar likes this.
  10. Vdidar Augur

Maybe if they could link your housing storage into your bank? I could get behind that.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Congratulations. I'm doing this all on a fresh character. I am wondering whether I will get all the mats for the combines, the skills, trophies and everything ready to go before I get the PoP flags done.
    Critts likes this.
  12. Tharrg Augur

simple solutions are the best fix. I agree that a simple reduced spawn time will correct most griping about the bottle neck. No reason these old spawns should have anything longer than 12 hours now that they are litterally 10+ years old and over 15expansions behind current mobs and gear.
    Rivitt and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So long as it doesn't impact Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinigel or any future TLP, sure.

But the progression servers need to have the correct respawn time to provide the proper flagging experience.
  14. JPete Lorekeeper

TLP's already have increased spawn timers. It wouldn't affect them at all.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

My understanding was that the TLP spawn rate had some raw percent reduction applied to the live server respawn values.

If this understanding is incorrect, and they indeed have two separate databases with values they can change and not affect the other, then it sounds like there wouldn't be an issue with reducing respawn.
  16. Tharrg Augur

Progression servers would actually benefit and not be hurt by increased spawn times. Currently if you play on them, you find that most top guilds that use bots are locking down progressions and keep other guilds and players from getting to content. This of course is one of the major issues on every TLP because its the same guild that moves to the new servers and locks everything down to manipulate the Krono Market. An increase spawn time even to 4-6 hours would increase rare mobs from 3 spawns every 2 weeks to 80 spawns every 2 weeks. This would allow more players the chance to attempt progressions and spawns and would I believe make the server much better as it would decrease the Krono inflation that occurs in game. Its not going to prevent the mobs from being farmed but it would allow more guilds and players the oppurtunity to see the mobs which I feel is something that Classic game used to have. Dragons and Gods were not single grouped back in classic with people exploiting the power of pet classes and boxx armies. So the majority of time the mobs were up allowing Pick up Groups to form to try to work together to take down the mob. You dont have this anymore and I feel its a shame because so many will never see content because certain guilds are constantly locking spawns down. Even on most live servers these 15year old spawns are constant lock down with players abusing the krono market. Simple solutions.... reduce spawn times. Nothing major, and it will not negativly affect anyone on TLP severs except the farmers that use the mobs to get kronos. I do not care if those people suffer a little. and anyone who says different usally is one of those locking the spawns down and do not want others to attempt the mobs.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As your signature adequately states, the purpose of Ragefire and Lockjaw is to be a classic experience where those in the top guilds can lock out the rest.

If you want to have more spawn chances, Phinigel has instanced raids for you.

The Krono thing isn't an issue, stop talking about it. PoP raid content is 99% no drop gear, and can't be sold for Krono.
  18. Tharrg Augur

And yet every day all day long you see "Selling loot rights X number of Kronos" Yeah it does not matter if no drop are not... the krono market has the TLP servers broken.
  19. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Ok. Hope someone can help.

I have hailed Adler Fuirstel a dozen times before, and now hailed the Planar Projection of Grummus twice. Still no flag. i was not invisible either time. I dont understand what the problem is and this is one of the last flags I need.

I have been after these flags for this since before we knew what the prize was. Someone help me out with any ideas of what the issue might be. Very frustrated.

thanks for reading.
  20. Critts Augur

Not sure what NPC Adler is. there are two brothers with that last name one in front of the zone in from POT and the other is in sick bay try to hail them both as well as the woman sitting by him. If that doesn't work spam the Seer in PoK and say new lore or new information to the head librarian in PoK. If that doesn't work my guess is your missing somethin from Nightmare or maybe PoJ.
    CrazyLarth likes this.