Is PoP flagging truly an intended bottleneck to the Artisan Aug?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I personally don't have any worry as I raided Time during PoP era but forcing people to fight everyone else trying to get E-planes flagged is not considered fun. The quest is grindy enough already without have flagging issues for zones we are all able to enter upon reaching level 46.

Please consider removing this restriction from the trade skill quest arc in PoP.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If you feel the need the be all EQ brand of elitist to this thread, you kindly need not reply. We don't give a about how you played EQ uphills both ways in the snow during PoP era. Thank you.
    Rivitt likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im currently working on the aid grimel quest/pop-flagging myself, and i don't see me completing it anytime soon, because of that roadblock.

I don't mind the actual pop-flagging-sidequest as I view it as a nice bit of eq history i previously missed. However I do mind the timesink associated with the slow respawn rate of the raid targets.

Giving the raidbosses a respawn-rate of an hour (or 2) or so would be a welcome improvement IMO. Its not like people farm them for gear anyway(and if they did, its hardly overpowered compared to defiant gear anyway).

Instancing the zones would be another suggestion, but please don't make me bother 6 friends to join me just to start the instance...
    I don't mind company on my quests, but if i can solo it with a single nuke, then its kinda silly to require a mini raid just to try...
    Rivitt, AB-Muvien and Vdidar like this.
  4. AB-Muvien Elder

Pretty spot on Jumbur.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Can you still block people by bugging Coirnav script?

That would be so hilarious.
    Elricvonclief and roguerunner like this.
  6. roguerunner Augur

something something something you had years to do it something something
    Moggman likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Anything else you need changed to make the biggest quest in the game faster for you to finish on all your alts
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Just wait till the stream of angry posts about people socking Flagging mobs just to block people.
  9. Critts Augur

I already had a problem with TT. waited 3 days missed the spawn by an hour or so and she was dead.
    Rivitt likes this.
  10. EnchFWO Augur

This already has been happening on Bristle. Someone triggered Fennin script and just left it to expire which causes it to be unavailable for quite a bit. I randomly went to check if the trigger was up and found it spawned so was able to beat the timer and get a kill. Still, makes you wonder why someone would do that.

Although, if people had any sort of decency they could just advertise in general they're going to kill XYZ PoP flag mob and if you want the projection to head that way. I guess that's too much effort on everyone's part though... :rolleyes:
  11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I would compare the likelihood of the spawn timers being changed to that of old world epics. People begged for an alternative for years due to them being perma-camped before anything was done.

As an aside, you do not need flags from the elemental bosses themselves - just other bosses up to RZ in Tactics.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

Technically you need at least one person (or friend) who has the actual Time flag item to get one of the ground spawns so *someone* has to have full elemental flags. However, that's not nearly as bad since a single person can port a group to the spot. Most people probably have someone in their guild who has it.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Weird I happen to play on Bristle.

I am sure its a coincidence.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. Thraine Augur

who knows if this bottleneck was intended, but i'm sure most of us can agree it sucks.

I came back to eq about 3-4 years ago and had to start fresh with a new account, of course i didn't go back and redo all the old flags .. so here i am, standing around in PoP zones waiting on 3-4 day repops ... so fun. yay dbg ..
  15. Dantius New Member

Fantastic quest idea.
    Terrible idea to put POP flagging as a bottleneck. Ah well looks like my alt accts will go silver til im done with this now, so many thanks for saving me cash for the next few months DB :)
  16. thedragon Elder

I think PoP should be a requirement. Some people have been busting their humps to get PoP done since the aug was introduced, and its definitely doable. Just because something is challenging doesn't mean it should be immediately nerfed.

This aug is jaw-droppingly good, so it should be jaw-droppingly difficult to attain.
  17. Vdidar Augur

Challenging is the wrong word choice lol. Frustrating maybe but challenging not in the least bit.
  18. Dantius New Member

Then POP needs the spawn-timers dramatically reduced, or instancing. I have np in doing the progression but I have done as much as I can, now waiting in hope to catch even one name up.

The spawn-timers as intended in 2004 are no longer relevant - the loot is no longer relevant. In 2004 it would take many people to kill them, and so those many people got the flag they needed from the death of one named. Now it takes 1 person to kill them, and there are many, many people wanting to get the progression done. 1 person every 3 days on each server is an awful long time.

So this mean we can go no further, and amazingly some of us have real-life jobs meaning we can't be online when the names spawn.....
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My goodness. I hadn't even thought about the ability to lock people out throwing the script on purpose :( Why do people have to be so nasty?
  20. Arcainos Augur

There is an initial crunch, but I think people are freaking out because they can't immediately get the aug.

I think people SHOULD go through hell to get this aug.

And before people say it, no, I'm not PoP flagged. So I'm arguing against making this easy-mode for people, including me.