More wizard nerfs? Really?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aaay, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravengloome Augur

Your gear shouldn't focus forces they are flagged level 254.

There is no "worn" crit rate for spells other than necros 2.0/2.5

The only thing them being focusable does is blow counters on , and possibly make specializations work on them but I forgot how that works
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Siddar Augur

The most disturbing part of this that they made this change with out understanding that adding mana cost to the AA would have major impact on how the AA function. The first thing I thought when i read about the change is well these will now twincast off twincast AA.

Pro tip to dev's mana cost is a major control point for what SPA work on any given ability.
    disgruntled, Sancus and Ravengloome like this.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Someone has already said it, it is obvious they dont play this game and have no idea what any of yall are even talking about. Meh SSDD
    disgruntled likes this.
  4. Siddar Augur

The most disturbing part of this that they made this change with out understanding that adding mana cost to the AA would have major impact on how the AA function. Yje first thing I thought when i read about the change is well these will now twincast off twincast AA.

Pro tip to dev's mana cost is a major control point for what SPA work on any given ability/spell/proc.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Is there an echo in here?
  6. Derd Augur

Don't point out a mistake to someone whose point was that someone made a mistake. That would be bad form.
  7. Kravitz Augur

Maybe I worded it wrong, but I'm asking if the item focus is being included or excluded in the final crit rate since they are now tagged as "unfocusable". Or AA's that increase your base dmg/crit. I am wondering if either are being excluded compared to what they used to crit for max before the change.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

I'll say it again.

There is no wizard useable item that affects your spell crit rate or crit dmg on a spell flagged level 254.

Unless you are talking about a clicky I am somehow overlooking?

The AA should still affect the spells even if unfocusable.
  9. kizant Augur

I agree it's not reliable for determining the actual crit rate but after seeing IoG and wiz pet were having an impact on the +crit damage I figured the case was closed. Why would only part of IoG be working? Pet was example of a spell slot and IoG was an example of a song, etc.

Wizards don't crit until they buy SCF. The 42% crit rate you see being referenced from time to time is based on 7% from SCF, 32% from what's now FOM, and 3% from DoN progression.
  10. Brohg Augur

Power of the Keepers/DarkReign is +1%
    disgruntled likes this.
  11. Coagagin Guild house cat

Thankfully, DB hasn't added a mana cost to the "Wizard Kick" ability yet. I know, I know - next patch. That way all the silk casters can feel the nerfy goodness all at once.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

DoN is 1%. Wizard innate is 2%. SCF is 7. SCFM -> FOM is 32. Total = 42% passive.

Crit rate / damage is NOT a focus effect. Being flagged as Unfocusable has nothing to do with crit rate / crit damage at all. It does affect other things however.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/enumerated-spa-list.206288/

Focus Effects on that list begin with "Fc" such as SPA 124 (worn damage focus) which is "Fc_Damage_%" That particular SPA generally doesn't affect Forces because it is -usually- level capped far below 254 that Forces are.

Not all focus effects are level capped however and any one that isn't will soon no longer work on Forces due to the impending nerf, which is most definitely and unequivocally yet ANOTHER nerf.

Not only do they have the ridiculous mana cost, they will soon lose the benefit of any focus effects which means they will be almost worthless to use at all except in certain circumstances.
    Manaelil and disgruntled like this.
  13. Azlynx Elder

Force of I'll 18 shouldn't do thesame damage as force of ice/fire level 6 either. Them making them unfocuseable is definitely kicking a wizard when they return down. This would have been almost feasible casting force with twin cast procs. While not discing of course. The mana cost makes this ability garbage.
  14. disgruntled Augur

It shouldn't be in your vocabulary. This is not 1960! And it's 'their' right mind which I would not have corrected if you hadn't used the R word.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

The social justice warrior is strong with you
    EnchFWO likes this.
  16. disgruntled Augur

There's 'social justice' and then there's 'doing the right thing.'
  17. kizant Augur

Well this isn't what I wanted to hear...
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well considering that the actual definition is:

It is, in fact, a very apt word to use for this situation. That some people have decided it is a "bad" word that can't be used because it might offend someone's sensibilities is far more deleterious to society as a whole and speaks volumes as to lack of depth of their level of reading comprehension.
    Zarzac, Jiggs and EnchFWO like this.
  19. Vrinda Augur

Not that I doubt your word, but I'm struggling to think of any situation where these would be worth using once the focus effect nerf goes in. Even with the benefit of focus effects, the current mana cost is heavy enough to make them marginal. As soon as they've been nerfed a second time ... well, let's just say the math in the cost/benefit analysis is eluding me.

At a time when my guild is struggling to field adequate dps to win raid encounters in current content, additional dps nerfs are the last thing we need. We have tanks. We have healers. But the longer a fight goes on, the more chances there are for something to go wrong, and dps is where we're hurting. We're doing our best to recruit, but you can't recruit what doesn't exist. We lost most of our mages following the summer 2014 nerf, and we just lost our last necro main. The wizards will be next. A few have changed mains, but the vast majority have just quit. Maybe the devs will start listening when the uber guilds have no pool left to recruit from, but I'm not counting on it. :(
  20. Jiggs Elder

The Force line of AA nukes are part of a select set of tools we have to hit mobs that reflect spells because they are non-reflectable. (current content aside). That's where they can be situational.

The last raid mobs that non-reflectable spells landed on were in CoTF, (purple golem in neriak 2, final mob in EWK 2 for example) Arx raids and current TBM raid mobs that reflect spells are coded differently and nothing seemed to get through until the script allowed it.

The other things marked non-reflectable for wizards are the cold version of our Pillars line and the Cascade cold nukes line (medium cold nukes).

Everything else a wizard tosses a mobs way is reflectable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.