Test Update 06/29/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 28, 2016.

1. menown Augur

What a load of garbage. So you are telling me your guild leaders decided that you, a mage, should have the mask over other classes, such as tanks? Sounds to me more like corruption or spewed DKP to gorge your epeen.

I don't even care about the mask myself. But The augs will take more than a year of raiding to get by themselves. You telling me that attending raids every week throughout a year is not actually trying to do something about it? Literally!

I don't care if it takes a years worth of currency to put on the vendor and buy them. It would still be faster than what it is now. And that is not even getting a mask.
    Behelit, Sancus and Arcainos like this.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

Restarting test world at 5:30pm to fix an internal issue. No notes.

Update: server unlocked
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I realize I am in the minority on this. And honestly it has nothing to do with me having the mask, because if you look at the Veteran Lounge thread originally started by Arcainos I had the same outlook then as I do now, and I did not get the mask until a month ago.

My comment about guilds making decisions on augment delegation was just that- each guild has to decide what is best for their guild. Some guilds probably give them out to tanks first. Some maybe give them to officers first. Others probably use DKP. Some may use seniority or raid attendance to determine. Maybe some guilds use the awesome /random to dole them out. Point being... every guild is different. And it is up to each guild to best determine how to hand them out. FWIW I was the 22nd person in my guild to get the augments, and I made a mask with them.

In any event, I am not going to convince you having the augments on the vendors is not necessary... and you are not going to convince me that augments are necessary. No big deal. I wish you guys much success on your quest to get the augments on the vendors. However I have a strong feeling that EQ developers do not want the vendors to sell the augments, and I don't believe they have any plans in the foreseeable future to change their mind... regardless of what those opposing their viewpoints say.

PS- you don't mind a year's worth of currency as a cost for an augment? Considering you get 200 per clear every five days, you are looking at close to 15,000 currency you can obtain in twelve months. If you want augments on a vendor for 15,000 each then so be it!
  4. Arcainos Augur

err... why should people use a year's worth of currency when people like you are getting both sides of the mask and both augs 22 raids in...?
    EnchFWO likes this.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

You mean just how they realized the Arx chase items and specialty belts should be on the vendor after achievements, etc. :rolleyes:

Oh wait... there were no chase items this expansion aside from the augs/mask and the achievement eye-face-thingies. So please go on about how the devs intelligently implement chase items relative to just a year ago.

And if you think 'attending raids for 3 months' isn't an accomplishment at this point you're delirious. Like someone else mentioned, if a Mage got both augs to make the mask you either are on a twisted DKP system or everyone important already has it which means you've been gearing alts for at least... months? or split raiding (which 90% of guilds CANNOT do).

Almost every chase item in the recent history of EQ has been available on the vendor - so maybe let's stop asking for the augs and just ask for the mask on the vendor, eh? All the Arx "chase" items were there. ROF too if you did the 'chieves.

So what is so different this expansion that your over-zealousness has determined they shouldn't be on the vendor?
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Very solid argument. Precedence has been set.
    Deillusional, Arcainos, Brohg and 3 others like this.
  7. Makavien Augur

I also highly disagree here any guild that would willfully choose to give this mask to anyone other than a tank till every tank they have has it since Echo of anger has been rank 5 for 5 or more years , and has like 100 ac plus 1000 hp more than the other mask before counting the upgraded Form of Endurance Buff is just crazy if we go by your logic.

Also any guild that chooses to give any aug to anyone other than tanks after they have the mask is also failing by your logic since ac ,hp, and heroic agility is the only thing that matters to tanks and both augments have better of all 3 then 90% of the rest of the augments in the entire tbm expansion. Again this is based off your logic .

The mask and augs are not really a true chase item it is a slow them down item and that is all to keep people continuing to raid for 3 months after they get an entire set of gear ( because 3 months is all it takes even in a dkp guild to get the mask plus 2 more augs per person) which can be achieved by the items dropping and also being for sale priced at the cost of a single non visible each. Which would be 400 + 400 + 400 +400 + 1000 = 2600 currency for a completed mask and then another 800 currency for an extra set of augments. Which is more than fair and still keeps it at its "fake chase item" status.

And like the above guy said all other slow them down items since rof has been on vendors .

The special raid is the only thing in all this time that has had true chase items.
  8. Deillusional Augur

Even if they charge the augs at like 750 a pop, 1500 currency for both augs seems fair enough to me.
  9. Deillusional Augur

Also remember the fact that the augs were not always dropping...
    Iila likes this.
  10. Silverwing Journeyman

- Necromancer - Increased the number of damage-over-time spells that Deathly Resolve (the effect triggered by Gift of Deathly Resolve) will twincast from 1 to 2.

Wasn't sure what this meant. I thought Deathly Resolve lasted a certain amount of time and however many dots you could trigger in that time is how it worked?
  11. ~Mills~ Augur

It means nuke dot dot nuke dot dot for 60-66 seconds.

Instead of it being nuke dot nuke dot nuke dot like it originally was or dot dot dot dot only having to force a proc if you had a bad run of RNG like it was the past 2 years when Aristo altered Flesh to Poison to proc it.

As a few others posted this ability should simply be the necro equivalent of twincast that others have and just twincast nukes, dots and swiftdots casted while its up.
  12. Silverwing Journeyman

Thanks Mills. I guess that is better somewhat. Not sure when they will get around to the necro dot revamp if at all. But i wish they had left Flesh to Poison alone until then.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

The dot revamp should have nothing to do with it. When they revamped nukes sorta, the big jump that wizards, mages and a few other classes saw in base nuke power, they didn't adjust their twincast abilities. They got a massive jump in base nuke power and retained everything they had that modified those nukes. The same should apply here especially when one class was given a 27K base dot and can twincast it 100% of the time if they want.

Necros were out of control in TBM because of manaburn exclusively and the devs didn't understand that so they nerfed a few things. Leaving necros taking it on the chin since those nerfs with little sign of changes coming on the horizon because TLP is more important.

Improved Twincast - 18 counters and no hoops.
    Spell Twincast - 18 seconds of twincast and no hoops.
    Fleeting Spirit - 20 counters, no hoops and works for swift dots.
    Scarlet Cheetah Fang - 120 counters for melee and no hoops. 5 counters for casters and no hoops.
    Gift of the Quick Spear - 3 minute duration limited to sk spears only and no hoops.
    Gift of Deathly Resolve - 66 second duration, requires nuking between dot casts (which means you have to create and mem altered spell sets with nukes to accommodate its use) and is restricted to not work for swift dots or nukes.

One of these things is not like the others.
    Spellfire and Iila like this.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

You realize the Enchanter twincast proc'd from our Chaotic Mez doesn't work on DOTs right? So let's stop that misinformation right here and now. I'm assuming you were referring to Enchanters because good ones can Dmg-Dmg-Eye/Mez, repeat. Well, sorry to burst your bubble but go try it out for yourself and see how wrong you are.

Edit: http://www.raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?name=chaotic bewildering gift

Please read the description as well if the spell data isn't clear.
    RPoo and Iila like this.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Correct. Does not work on dots.

Mills make sure when you speak about something you know what you are talking about.
    RPoo, Sheex and EnchFWO like this.
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

Didn't know that but you still have Improved Twincast and Twincast Aura for it.
  17. EnchFWO Augur

Which is completely irrelevant in your argument since you'll likely have an Enchanter in your group with the aura and ITC has limited counters that are quickly consumed. That means *MAYBE* we get to twincast our DOT twice.

You kept parading around our ability to 100% sustain twincast 600k critting (with ALL ADPS mods) DOTs as Enchanters when it was completely false. You've been doing it for a month. This type of information is what gets classes nerfed because of erroneous information.

ANYHOW... don't let any of that make you think I support or have ever supported the nerfs to Necros and most of your other arguments are solid.
    Sancus, RPoo, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

I stated numerous times that enchanters having their new monster dot, even if they had 100% twincast for it all the time was far from an issue, because its one dot. It was brought up because the devs said "base tuning of new dots will occur around a classes dot tools". The more tools you have to boost dots the less base power increase you were supposed to see. But necros don't want to be in a situation where it takes 3, 4 or 5 casts of a dot to catch up single casts of some other dots for classes that use them as a supplemental form of dps just because of what we can do every 10-15 minutes under 5 different amplifying mods and then be behind in every other scenario.

Its not irrelevant as you still get to open up with a no hoop twincast ability for a dot that likely will end up being way way more base damage then necros are likely to receive. Which is very useful. Most of the situations that people throw out about how powerful necros are in raid settings are where we twincast our top dots on mutiple targets under burn which is essentially our slow and limited version of AE'ing. Which wise enchanters have started to copy at times pairing your no hoop twincast ability with a 27k base dot on multiple targets while under burn and then resuming your standard burning practices.

Wizards and mages don't have base nukes that are lower then hybrid nukers or people who use nukes as a supplemental form of dps despite having way way more tools to enhance them. They didn't have Improved Twincast, spell twincast or whatever nuke enhancing ability nerfed or altered when they started getting 20, 25 or 30k base nukes. They got a massive boost in nuke power above all other nuking classes and kept everything they had to enhance them in the process. Now our crit rate comes into play for sure so we might not need to have the highest base dots but that doesn't mean a few 10k dots and a bunch of 3-5k dots while others see 20-28k dots. So necros are pretty concerned at least the ones that stuck it out till now.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Test is going through a crash cycle and trying to reset itself then crashing again.
  20. Sancus Augur

What are you talking about? When did they give me a massive boost in nuke base damage?