Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Lawson New Member

You are the biggest idiot here. Your an expert. I was gifted the code you MORON. If this ban sticks, everyone else can say goodbye to the game too cause it will destroy Eq. I got ONE code from a friend for Father's Day, all my other accounts are fine. You are the biggest moron here.
    Arvins likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

So because you were gifted it as a fathers day gift its super safe? Where did the person that gifted it to you get it? How much did they pay?

Not saying they did wrong either but you kind of need to follow the trail, a lot of people rushed to sites offering TBM keys for what $5 and honestly thought they were legit??
    chickendog likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

What was the friend's character name / server that "gifted" the code to you? Wouldn't you want that person punished instead of yourself?
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

ad ho·mi·nem

[ˌad ˈhämənəm]
    ADVERB
    1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining:
      "vicious ad hominem attacks"

also..

That's not who got my vote for biggest moron here.
  5. Joseph Lawson New Member

Like I've previously stated. Look at the views here, look at how much of an impact this is having. If you think Everquest will be fine and thrive after something like this if these bans stick, your sadly, sadly mistaken.

My so called "lies" are truth. Shame on me for accepting a code. I still have all my other accounts. But I won't be back if they don't give the "chargebackers" a way to prove we are NOT the ones who did the accused chargeback
    Arvins likes this.
  6. strongbus Augur

I said it once I say it again. 90% of these banneds are not cause you did something wrong. they are for having a account that has been linked to a unpaid game code.

example. say I go buy 500 tbm exp game codes at full price form DBG. I then turn round and sell them at say $10 each on a player auction site. After I sell them I have my CC company do a charge back. DBG just lost all that money cause they have to give back the money to the CC company. They are going in turn flag all 500 tbm exp game codes as unpaid or such. Once they do that any account linked to them are going be flagged as having a unpaid exp on them.

This is why people are getting emails saying their accounts are banned for charge backs. its not that they did the charge back its cause who ever bought the krono/game code form DBG did.

Now some innocent people are getting cough up in this. Now DBG is going have a fun time dealing with this in a way that makes everyone happy but yet deals with the issue.
  7. Joseph Lawson New Member

I would though, stick around to watch the downfall. This is too big to not have an impact on the game as a whole. Too big.
    Arvins likes this.
  8. Gilad Journeyman

They are legit codes. It's not like someone just crafted codes to give out. Daybreak got their money. From what I've read these people buy it from places like Russia for $3 and then mark it up and sell it. At least that's some of the codes that are out on Player Auctions. There is a video on I think that shows the process behind it. Not 100% certain.

And do note that it's not like everyone went to these sites to buy the codes. People made trades via Krono, plat, etc... for these codes.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

How can it possibly be to do with Kronos? How do you check a Krono is legit? Check the serial number before you buy it from a trader? Ask him to let you bite the edge before purchase?

The only involvement Kronos have in any of this is they were a payment method. Even the notorious third party exploits site currently making the most noise about this doesn't claim it's down to Krono sales.
  10. Gilad Journeyman

Why would he want to get someone banned who gave him a Father's Day gift? That person probably did it to be a nice person. Great mental gymnastics though!
    Arvins and Joseph Lawson like this.
  11. Joseph Lawson New Member

Exactly. And everyone attacks us and calls us liars . People need to relax and if it has nothing to do with them why are they here?
    Arvins likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

It doesn'tmatter who defrauds a car dealer and kites a check for the down payment before it was given to someone else.

It still gets repoed.

"Some" innocent people.. maybe

90% Innocent

/cough

Yeah right.... But then I wouldn't believe that was legitimate to begin with as it wasn't ever promoted by...DAYBREAK (and you knew that much)

Maybe I'm just less gullible?
    chickendog likes this.
  13. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Here's a scenario:

You buy 1 Krono from DBG (which may or may not even be possible most of the times you try, but let's assume you did, since this person did).

You sell that krono for plat.

You buy krono with Plat for less than you sold it.

You repeat this multiple times.

You use 1 krono for play time. That krono was purchased by someone who later initiated a chargeback

Congrats, you're banned.

That's a thing that's happening now, using entirely official and supported means and methods.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

Really? You wouldn't want the person that gifted it to you to explain it rather than you having your account banned?
  15. Warpeace Augur

Your completely missing the point. If Daybreak is selling codes in the US for $40 why do you think someone in Russia is selling it for $3? Hello its called a scam and you bought into it. Why would you buy a code for $40 and sell it for $3? you would not unless you were just giving it to a friend...take a min and actually think about that.

Yes the codes were legit till the original owner charged them back. Are there people probably caught up in this because they activated a code during the period Daybreak was monitoring something, more than likely.

Go read post 292 of this thread it spells it out well.
    oldkracow and Reht like this.
  16. Gilad Journeyman

Because much like TBM xpack codes, the same sites also sell Krono for $10 or less. That's the problem. No one knows if consuming a Krono will cause them to get banned or not because they bought it from the bazaar or had a friend trade it to them. Same way as the X-pack - buy it from a cheaper country and resell it. Chargeback = the person who ends up with that Krono whenever they consume it they're banned now. Russian roulette with Kronos right now
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

TBM codes were being sold at such a low price on the black market they had to sell them in packs of 4 so many people had spares which they gave away. This is a bit unfortunate for those who accepted these gifts thinking they were worth $35 and not $1 but I would take it up with the "generous" person who donated it to you rather than blame Daybreak (and everyone else on this forum within lashing out-at range).
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

/em Joules Bianchi points to the heavens, crosses himself and utters.."Amen!"
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

The person who paid real money for the Krono has their account banned for issuing a chargeback. This isn't new. They are the final destination for financial purposes.
  20. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

And yet, the person who used it is banned, not the person who bought it (who might also be banned)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.