Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Receiving stolen property and claiming it was just a gift doesn't constitute a defense.
    I'd take out your anger at the person who gave it to you aka a friend, otherwise if it was a total stranger what did you think a free key was OK to use?
    chickendog likes this.
  2. Ieaien New Member

Buying prices on Xegony have gone way down, and selling prices have gone up by at least 25%. Information I am getting from people in game right now.
  3. Watajoke Journeyman

TBM on steam only costed 16000 Indonesian Rupiah, which is $1.22 USD. There were no chargebacks, seems like someone abused this for profit and once DBG realized they just blanket banned all the steam codes used that were purchased in this currency.
    Blart, rotor and Iila like this.
  4. strongbus Augur

blart this has nothing to do with how/where you bought the cd-key. its all bout that fact that who ever bought it 1st then sold to you had their CC company revised the charges(in other words they had their CC put the money they paid DBG for cd key back on their CC and the CC company made DBG give them back the money for it.

Any online game or site is going do the same thing. If you buy something or pay for time on a site/game then do a charge back the company is going bann the account or put some kinda hold on the item that was bought. don't mater if you still have that item or account or you sold it. That account/item is frozzen till its worked out.
    chickendog likes this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't know of a single krono buyer that got banned, everyone that got banned was buying those keys for stupid low prices and never wondered what might happen.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

I don't know why purchasing krono in game would ban someone as it is specifically allowed and one of the reasons it was created.
    https://www.everquest.com/krono
    Depending on which game you are playing, you can trade them in person to another player, post them for sale on the broker, advertise them in chat channels, sell them in the bazaar, etc. Please note, however, that players may not sell Krono for real world money.
  7. Gilad Journeyman

Because I'm automatically guilty for knowing of this stuff? It totally can't be because I was trying to find out why my accounts were banned and there was nothing Daybreak was posting so I googled it and came across some of these sites who were talking about it? Or you know, the fact that the cheaper krono prices have been mentioned in this thread previously?

We have a cool thing here in the US called innocent until proven guilty. You folks automatically assume anyone who suffered a banned is guilty and have to prove they're innocent. I also have knowledge of the holocaust. By your logic, does this mean I was a camp guard because I know about it? Something less extreme, I've seen a drug deal go down from a friend's apartment window. Because I saw it and knew it was a drug deal, does this mean I am now guilty of participating in drug dealing? To be fair though, by your own logic now you are also a participant in 3rd party website fraud.

It's just really interesting to me to see how quickly you guys are to jump to conclusions and assume everyone posting about this is guilty. I've also read that people have had some of these accounts since at least February if not earlier with no issues and now they're banned for charge backs? But yes, let's point the finger to the people posting on the forums and claim they're automatically guilty.
    rotor likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Simple

Your "Friend" "gifts" you a stolen car. It's still not your car. it's still stolen and.. They're not really much of a friend then, eh?

You should be in HIS (or her) email whining at THEM.

..and where is this "friend" HERE sticking up for you?

and again, there's that whole Caveat Emptor thing.. Daybreak can't guarantee any transaction that isn't with (surprise) Daybreak. Stop expecting them to. Stop threatening them to get them to.

Likewise, your bank won't ever stop and ask you where a fraudulent check you deposit came from, they'll just block your account, report you to the authorities and let the courts sort it out.
    chickendog likes this.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Indeed but unless I purchased the krono from dbg directly, truth is even from a guild mate, you don't know where that krono came from and/or whether charge backs on the initial purchase of said krono will happen. So for this reason alone I won't touch krono now just because of this whole thing.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

I think they need to just to take the accounts that purchased an expansion code / heroic bundle (that used the chargebacked codes) and remove the expansion/bundle and then unban the account. The person can then at least re-purchase a proper code. I know it still sucks, but that is really the fault of the scammer that was selling/gifting them only to do a chargeback on them.I also think DBG needs to look at not allowing any 3rd party site to sell codes at all.
  11. Ieaien New Member

Where did I ever threaten anybody?
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Innocent until proven guilty is a criminal court terminology, it has squat to do with transactional law. Also, SUSPECTS remain injail or are able to post a forfeitable bail until a court decides a verdict.

Also, guilt or innocence comes down to:

Did this ACCOUNT benefit from an illicit transaction?

Yes? Freeze the account and investigate.

If your claim of innocence is true, they can sort that out.

Caveat Emptor (and a modicum of common sense) have everything to do with this.

YOUR beef is with another player who gifted it and a 3rd party website.

You have no leg to stand on vs Daybreak.

Getting codes from others has always been like this. It's silly to expect any other result.

Did YOU participate in an event, or legitimately EARN that code anywhere sponsored by daybreak or it's associates?

Either way.. stop trusting the person who you claim gifted it lol. I'd be pissed at THAT person, not at DBG if that were the case.
    chickendog and Lufraki like this.
  13. mackal Augur

I know someone who got banned who did not buy a cheap key but did buy a krono with plat in game.
    Barraind likes this.
  14. Freki Augur

I will hope that Daybreak looks into all situations and makes some sort of deal with the people that are affected. if they bought it from some place not authorized and it was charged back, perhaps since they did not do the charge back and the records would prove that they might be able to pay for the material they got and go on from there.... I will hope that those affected by scammers will be able to come to terms with this and move on. it isn't just you out there, there are many others that can be affected!
  15. Blart Lorekeeper

Daybreak's actions if they cared about players:

1) Make a rule about the acquisition of game keys, of which players have been trading since the 90's.

2) Apologize to players for mass-banning them without ever informing them of rule 1) in the EULA or TOS.

3) Reverse the ban for all except those who were directly doing chargebacks or engaging in fraud.

4) Credit gold players with missed gametime.
    rotor and Disappointment like this.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I meant the folks threatening to leave forever, etc.. (who are already banned), the Me and my umpteen friends and accounts are quitting type pressure on DBG, threats of chargebacks, hitting up the BBB etc.. all are passive aggressive threats. Not of direct violence, but yes, threats.

If they're all cheating and RMTing, maybe we're best off without them anyway.
  17. NorrathianGuard New Member

I tried to log on to an account last night that my son has a character on that I rarely use and got the message that the account was banned. I did not receive a single email prior. I checked both my inbox and my spam.

I found this thread today so I had no idea what was going on until then.

After questioning my son, he told me that he purchased a "discounted" code from another site. My son had been wanting TBM but I told him I wouldn't buy it for him until summer, as I didn't want EQ consuming his time while school was going on.

Word of warning parents, do not leave your Paypal account set to auto fill the password...that is how he made the purchase to begin with. I honestly didn't even know mine had been set that way, as I usually tell chrome to not remember it, but when I just checked, sure enough, my Paypal password autofilled.

I have three other accounts that I play very often. I have purchased ALL of those expansions through Daybreak games, as well as heroic characters and such.

I understand that Daybreak has the right to take action, as it is a business, and they need to protect their assets.

I will gladly pay for the expansion to keep the account alive. I hope Daybreak allows this as an alternative.

Punishing a 12 year old kid by placing a total ban on the account would be a disappointment from my perspective, as I have already spoken to him and explained why what he did was wrong, when he thought he was just getting a good deal. I as a parent take more of the blame for allowing him an open door to my Paypal to begin with.

I have never had any other single incident across those four accounts. I hope this stands for something when Daybreak makes a final judgement, but if not, it will be lesson learned for my son, and he will simply lose the character and account that he had.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and for whatever it's worth..

In World of warcraft, it is common for certain types of transactions to ALWAYYS come under a GM review.

All game code transactions should HAVE to be submitted on the Daybreak account, NOT in game and have sufficient hold on them for review.

This would never happen again under such a ruleset.

Trading an actual mount, an item is one thing.. Codes are notoriously exploited in mannnny games.
  19. strongbus Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217994497-What-is-a-chargeback-

spells it out right there blart. what happens when a chargeback is done on a account. This is what is going on. if you buy a game key(code) and link it to a account and then a chargeback is done on that game key(code) the account is auto banned till everthing is worked out.

don't even have to be you doing the charge back. Who ever did bought it form daybreak to begin with and resold it on the 3rd party site can do the charge back and still get your account banned because of it.
    chickendog likes this.
  20. DeadWizzy New Member

This really has nothing to do with law. They can and DO have the right to ban any account for just about whatever. The issue with this is a bit different than anything else. Evident by the fact daybreak themselves are bothering with internal meetings <Which is a use of time for them> to figure it out. Just wait and see and go through regular channels.

The krono is based on past comments of Krono purchase from bazaar banning players, which makes *perfect* sense. Scammer buys Krono -> Sells for cheap on third party website -> Player A buys Krono -> Player A sells krono for Cheap play in Bazaar -> Player B Buys Krono from Player A -> Player B uses Krono -> Krono is linked to player B account -> Scammer does chargeback -> Player B is banned.

Guess what? IF this works. This can happen with *any* Krono listed on Bazaar, its just based on RNG if you got a "bad" Krono or not. There is nothing that Player B can do to stop it.

The big thing is, that means that the Krono system itself is flawed and has issues, because if it happens once. It will happen again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.