Krono Prices... Sad Panda

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Siddar Augur

Phinny Krono market is likely dominated by people using krono to aquire $, While normal servers the Kron market is driven by people using Krono to aquire plat.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Actually was referring to $ sales not plat but did not make that clear.
  3. code-zero Augur

At the end of the day Krono are being used to keep peoples accounts up and running. That means that there's a rate of Krono consumption that can be measured and audited by DGC. Having Krono fall in price might mean more people will resort to using Krono to keep accounts going.

Anyway, Krono don't just magically appear when you need it no matter how much plat you may offer for one. I suspect that though there are a few people with enormous amounts of plat that Krono sales have resulted in a lot of redistribution of existing plat on all servers
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I couldn't find any listing for plat, even on phinny, that offered any savings over buying a krono from DB and selling it for plat in game. But it could happen, if the seller didn't update their listing to reflect current in-game pricing. And I definitely think it could happen when the /baz and /bar stop being relevant.

Because without the /baz and the /bar, the black market websites will be the only way to check current market prices. If somebody was already there, checking a guaranteed price, why buy a krono from DB (which is not delivered immediately) and take the chance of not finding an in-game plat buyer who would pay as much?
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

times that by at least 3.. and i dont buy 1 year sub... never know if i give up 6months into a year sub..

game isnt worth playing solo account hehe.
  6. Hellboy007 Augur

[IMG]

First time to see krono being sold at prices that require manual price changes outside of EQ.

I do believe Krono days on the bazaar are nearing an end..
  7. Kravitz Augur

How I feel too, I don't even pay for a sub, let someone else pay for a game that isn't given the resources it needs.

Tried to support the game for many years, but they just waste the resources. So for the last few years I've just gone with Krono, and let someone else pay for my sub.
    Iila likes this.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

[IMG]

And its done.. Krono on /baz days are over.

The thing about krono is the price goes up but it never really goes back down.

Well going to really have to make some choices.. Haven't had to pay for a sub in over 2 years probably.. have to debate if spending $45+ a month is going to be worth it again. and then the $120+ coming up for the new expansion.. I cant farm enough plat to keep krono access on all my accounts that is for sure. Nothing really is hot selling in the baz and the trader accounts dont even pay for the selves anymore.

I know, I know.. its only $45 a month.. but really i have no idea if the game is worth that much. we will see.

Dang what a shame, it was a good run though.

I have a feeling indirectly many people will be leaving EQ due to the prices of Krono. I know many raiders that only play on krono and well if they leave that of course hurts the guilds. Hurt guilds suffer and more people leave some of which are paying subs and their paying alt accounts.

**Conspiracy time**

DBG knows plat is worthless IRL.. They can summon all the plat they want.. They buy out all the Krono raising krono value spuring more people to want to buy more krono to sell back to DBG for worthless plat..
  9. code-zero Augur

Something about this is bothering me, here we see the real time inflation of the Krono. In another thread we see people begging Daybreak to allow Krono to be traded for Daybreak Cash in order to "stimulate demand"

Well it would appear from these prices that there's a really high demand for Krono.

Rather than buy from the /baz perhaps you should try occasionally setting up your own buyer in /bar and see if you can't get them from less.

I strongly suspect market manipulation by some of the people who've hoarded more Krono than they can possibly ever use and who already have more plat than they can liquidate as well.

It'd not be the first time that sort of thing has happened but it's likely the first time that it's been with an item this important
  10. code-zero Augur

Anti-conspiracy time:
    The Krono are all on the books and don't change status until they're consumed. That'd look funny on the financial reports at the end of the year. I do agree that there's in all likelihood a conspiracy but it isn't Daybreak doing it
  11. Hellboy007 Augur

they can summon the PP buy them up and trade them to a "FTP account" bam consumed..
  12. Xanadas Augur

When there's no good way for large amounts of plat to leave the economy, this will happen. Also, plat farmers on auto-bot mode are also not helping. :)
  13. code-zero Augur

But that doesn't really work for them does it? If Krono are now out of reach of most of the buyers who were keeping them flowing then what good does it do DBG to run the prices up?
  14. Rhodz Augur

Without sales data there is no way to tell what the market is really doing or whom is consuming the kronos in any numbers. In the end it always supply and demand and given there is no shortage of the resource there must be a shortage in buying it from DBG.

My guess is the k-mart is crashing on the buy from DBG side and the supply is drying up causing the rise of prices as demand is not falling near as fast.
    Kronos are really most valuable with a healthy TLP start up and face it Phin is not what it was a few weeks/months ago (what they may have gained in xp-pots may be costing them krono sales, wouldnt that be a kick).
    Perhaps that is reason for the new Q-server that no one asked to be created, generate Krono sales among others given the "race" nature of the thing to get through the summer. Just a logical supposition no real facts to back it up but I dont see any real flaw in it.
    I would say just stop buying the things and left them die off slowly, might bring focus back on subscriptions again which places more emphasis on quality of product than marketing juju.

If the game is not worth paying to play then it is not worth farming kronos to continue playing.
  15. --Voodoo-- Augur

Different servers have different economies. One server I was looking at buyers were only offering around 1.3M, sellers for around 1.7M.

Your manipulation scenario doesn't make any sense. If someone were to have "more plat than they can liquidate" even after buying "more Krono than they can possibly ever use", then why would they have been buying all those Krono?

Far more likely that people are hoarding some to drive plat prices up, and even more are buying them to sell on RMT sites.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

As a boxer on FV who knows almost every other boxer on this server, really all that is happening with the krono market is every boxer is freaking out buying kronos even if they're over priced thinking the sky is falling. Normal sellers are taking advantage of this and the resellers out there you see in the barter/baz pictures buying dozens upon dozens of kronos are taking extra advantage of this.

Once everyone gets comfortable again and stops freaking out I assume we'll see kronos at 1.8-1.9 until 2018. Or, maybe I am wrong and you should keep freaking out.

Edit: I also think Daybreak will raise the bazaar cap to a 64bit. Not everyone wants to socialize to buy kronos in this day and age so if they don't raise the baz cap they lose money no matter how they look at it
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak NOT raising the bazaar cap will keep krono prices down. Raising it will just allow more manipulation of the krono market. Talking to some of the people on my server it was one person buying up all the krono and jacking up the price not a group of boxers. I also don't understand why all the boxers would freak out and buy krono unless someone had already caused the prices to soar. So I would contend that it was just a few people causing the massive price increases that perhaps caused these boxers to freak out.

Raising the bazaar cap just helps those who want to charge even more for kronos so I hope the cap doesn't get touched. If people are selling occasional krono they might not mind using general chat much but if they are selling lots of them they are going to want to use the bazaar which means they will only buy them for so much and sell them for 2 mil or less.

And hats off to your social skills sir! I don't think I am even close to knowing all the boxers on my server even with the lower server pops we have these days.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

I know the boxers that are big enough to influence the market on a large enough scale as we're seeing currently.
  19. Badhand Elder

Ever since kronos came out and were 200,000 plat I have been buying them (with plat). I have paid for my subscription this way and have 6 in stock.

It's a win win win situation.
    - I get a subscription for doing some work and some selling skills.
    - A member gets 2 mill plat for 17.99$
    - Everquest gets a paid subscription.

Before kronos came into existence one could buy a months subscription without it being renewed. I am not rich in real life, unlike everquest, so I struggle with contracts that automatically renew as at that time I may not have enough money.
  20. Badhand Elder

And before anyone gets jealous it takes years and years of being a member to make this type of plat. I started in 2007. It is a nice reward for those who have been a part of everquest for so long, even if only temporary.