Please stop buffing bosses.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Progress, Jun 24, 2016.

1. AgentofChange Augur

It was killed with 41 people in 35 minutes & 48 seconds so I find out hard to believe anyone got to 90 minutes.
  2. Ducreux Augur

The longest recorded kill I have from our guild is 33mins when we split it, at a raidwide total of 969dps. Numbers for that were ~43 with around 8 of them being boxes.

On the flip side my box shaman managed 35 dps the other day spamming his level 44 frost strike DD and epic dot.
  3. nicemace Journeyman

its all good dude. we did it with very sub optimal raid comp. it was our first attempt at him and we killed him so im not complaining. we'll get better and more efficient.

however, regardless of raid comp no fight should be taking an hour and a half with 40 people.

shrug im not too fussed
  4. Aenoan Augur

5. EQcleric Elder

So youre admitting you didnt have an optimal comp. And that it was your first time. But you're trying to say they aren't tuned properly.

First time OGC split vulak it took nearly 100 minutes for each split... second time it was already down to 40 minutes.

You learn things, it will get faster.
  6. nicemace Journeyman

you're correct and i understand that. i personally don't mind the long fight because i recognize what you say and it will get better.

all my statement was is that even with a poor raid comp and 40 players. an hour and a half is still a very long fight and abnormal (even back in the days)
  7. Glowerss Augur

Here's the thing: They can't balance around you guys killing him in an hour and 40 minutes or whatever because the rest of us are killing Vulak in 20minutes with 40 people.

If they balance HP totals around suboptimal comps doing suboptimal things, the rest of us will kill vulak in 4 minutes and it'll be even more of a snoozefest than it already is. We'd be 4 splitting him at that point.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  8. Tudadar Augur

Im surprised they buffed velious really. I figured they would want as many low end guilds as possible to do the content. They made the decision that harder mobs will keep people interested for longer and will bring in more money over the lifetspan of the current progression and future progression servers. I dont really think LJ / RF are more successful then they would of been without the buffs. It killed a lot of giulds. Phin was probably more successful.

That said I still dont like how they gave melee massive DPS boosts through the AA passive while also saying the content is too easy.
  9. Dsarthe Journeyman

Vulak shouldn't even take 30-40 minutes with an optimal raid force. When Velious first came out, if I recall correctly, Vulak was done in like 20-30 minutes max and most mobs were taken out between 8-15 minutes. It wasn't until Luclin that we started seeing insanely long fights: THO, Seru, Burrower, VT.
  10. Trackanon Elder

I personally feel the spell buff is the bigger issue, but whatever. You either have a bard in your group or you expect to die/be useless on certain fights. My biggest concern is luclin. I know it's already being buffed on test and some of those fights already had millions of HP.
  11. taliefer Augur

I still feel the mobs effective hp totals is too high between the increased hp pool, and mitigation. but not by a whole lot, I think they could cut it by about 15% and it would feel much more balanced overall.

I am NOT looking forward to luclin raiding. most of those raid mobs already had insane AC, and now are going to have increased mitigation on top of that. plus increased HPs? I don't think its going to be very fun.
  12. Aenoan Augur

I don't know, unless we can test it on a beta server. We might be over estimating it, I think the issue is more in the raid make up right now, some classes have been clearly op and we haven't seen much variation so now this is gonna hurt guilds in the long run.
    Certainly going to put more emphasis on bane weapons in places like VT, Seru on TLPs was only ever done with pet zergs, so seeing players be forced to adjust and do the fight as intended should be interesting.
    I just wish we could test before we could definitively say it'll suck.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

I think it's safe to say no one is looking forward to buffed luclin mobs
  14. Jaime Lannister Augur

Lady Nev is F'ing cancer.

I'd love to see targets be harder, not simply longer fights. I f'ing hate beating on something for 25 minutes or more.

These targets aren't hard, they just take a stupid long time to kill if you are low on DPS.
  15. Ladysoth Augur

Little while back I logged on my monk on live and killed Lady Nev. I think it took 19 seconds, it was definitely less than 30.

Went to the Deep and attacked THO, a little over 2 minutes.

I'm a little apprehensive as well.
  16. Aenoan Augur

I am gonna try this with my monk see how it goes. What level is your monk?
  17. DryalRmog Augur

All of you saying your worried about Luclin realize Velious was so screwed up on release that it took 200+ people to to kill AOW on Ragefire. Nobody could touch TOV. It took day break over a month to fix it, the expansion was basicly unbeatable even for guilds fielding 140 people in open world.

So Ragefire is a unlock progression server and will have velious now for 7-8 months... Don't worry tho, they will nail Luclin and get it right!

MoTM is overdone IMO unless daybreak really does want us all raiding with 60-70 people. Thing should be moderately easy to kill with 40-45, because guess what, THATS HOW MANY PEOPLE MOST RAIDS HAD in 2000.

The advent of 72 man raids was POP, THOSE 4 gods where hard (rathe, corniv, zegony, and fire man)

Case in point, Vox and Naggy have not been killed from Feb/Mar on Ragefire, and Gore roam up for months. People are not even using the content.

Why? Because they are overturned and a huge pain, Vox and Naggy you would need 30-50 people to stay at level 52 just to do (but phinny folks can bring level 60s boggle) gore was crazy before and now with 950 nuke and CH and Melee slow basically only people killing it bring 30 wizards and nuke rush it.

Luclin will be broken, thanks for beta testing it ;(

(I firmly believe they should just stop MoTM with Luclin and be done with it)
  18. Aenoan Augur

@Ladysoth

I used a med burn (chest/2.0 ect, but only second spire) anyway took 57.8 seconds. I don't have any software to time/parse the dps but my monks 90 7kaa and top tier HoT gear. So that might be scary. Oh and I also had puma. I wish I could have seen exactly how much dps / dmg I did, I wish they could make a parser that is easy to use like WoWs Skada or Recount
  19. Ducreux Augur

It's like an alla comment. Beautiful
  20. Finley Augur

I think they overdid it with buffs too. The level of the current buff is fine I just wouldn't have hit every raid boss with it. I would have left the majority of the raid bosses their old easy state; and buffed one Lord, one Lady, Vulak, AoW cycle, and possibly Tunare/Cazic Thule.

This would have allowed guilds of varying size/quality to have space to exist and still raid. It also would have provided some semblance of progression through the expansion (A small 40 man guild for example could likely kill Vulak after getting a few weeks of NTOV clears under their belt). A lot of the current raiding guilds were able to kill pretty much every boss once they had the opportunity to give it a try.

When guilds struggle and collapse my guild gets fresh applicants. It's a good short term boost. Not great for the overall health of the server though.