EXP Rate on Phinny - Can we get an adjustment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Horathmir, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyzalot Augur

Wrong. I started on the server three weeks ago. I only got the last day of the bonus XP and had no guild helping me level. I play a rogue and thus am not one of the core classes people think they need for a successful group. I leveled the same way as everyone else. What was that you said about assuming?
  2. Mashef_8013 Elder

This is 100% false and incorrect. If you are not 60 within a few weeks of Velious you will fall behind on gear. IF you are not geared properly in Luclin and beyond you are useless. The argument that you have until Luclin to be 60 is ludicrous.

ON another note...to be quite honest they should employ a tactic used in other games. Simplify leveling for 1-50 and leave 50 through 60 alone. This allows new players to get caught up. Then in Velious you can remove the 50 to 60 penalty and make AA exp what it should be in Luclin. By time PoP hits exping is incredibly easy in any event.
  3. TowerDefense Augur

Useless in what regard? You'll still get groups, youll still get aa's. You might not get invited to the top end raiding guild, but if you need half of kunark and all of velious to level up, you probably aren't too serious on raiding.
  4. Mashef_8013 Elder

Your not even viable in Luclin groups without semi decent gear. Especially on a server that is so reliant on charm, which was never the case back in the day.

Nerf charm, fix exp = winning forumla for dbg.
  5. Catashe Augur

See I'd believe you except your not a warrior cleric or enchanter... Its always been about the holy trinity but sorry but rogue never fit into that "successful" group.. Any dps can replace you and you ain't needed unless someone needs you to pick a lock..
    Horathmir likes this.
  6. Dyzalot Augur

And yet I went from 1-56 in under 10 days played. Half of that time was being logged in asleep, trading in the tunnel and LFG. It was actually pretty easy to find groups until I hit level 45 or so. And as for that 'holy trinity", I was in a very successful group the other night at Seb King where the group makeup was Bard, Shammy, Necro, Mage, Mage & me. Too bad most people are too afraid to even try a group like that.
  7. Horathmir Elder

Level 60 in 3 weeks, as a rogue, with no bonus EXP, no help and no twining of items, my BS meter just bust through the roof. Please stick to facts, not lies.

Prove it ... lets see a screenshot of you on Phinny, with a creation date in your chat text stating 3 weeks ago and you being lvl 60. Something tells me I will be an old rotting skeleton before that screenshot makes it here.
  8. Dyzalot Augur

Level 56 actually, never claimed 60. I did not sell any Krono and was still wearing one piece of patchwork and one piece of banded until level 49. I also did have the last day of bonus XP to help at the start, which I stated earlier.
  9. Quasimojo Elder

I think their thinking stems from being in that group of people who are always beating on the door to the next expansion. They forget or just don't care that there are still plenty of others playing at other levels. It's the old "if you're not first, you're last" mentality.
  10. Weverley Augur

I believe that if you ask a lot of people what kind of gear they wear you gonna find that it's very far from top gear so to say that groups gonna ask decent gear to invite you into their group comes velious and luclin would be pretty far from the mark. Sure some elitist gonna ask for perfect group composition but your average group leader won't care as long as you don't get beaten in a few hits by the trash mobs.But of course if you want to raids that's another matter.
  11. Flobot New Member

Agreed...this is disgusting for a 3 month locked server. If you want people to play on it, fix it or give us something for this damn anniversary considering we are required to pay for the game.
  12. Trevalon Augur

You said you have 10 days played over the course of 3 weeks.

This makes you an EXTREME hardcore player. That means you play Eq almost 65% of your waking time (assuming you ONLY sleep 6 hours a night, If you were to sleep an average of 8 hours a night it becomes a full 70% of your waking time)

The vast majority of players cannot devote even 30%!!!!!! of ALL non sleeping time to playing a video game, we have jobs, families and the such. To put this in perspective a Full time 40 hours a week job is only 32% of a normal person's overall waking time. You are almost doubling the time spent at a full time job on EQ alone.

So even if you are telling the truth about all this (which I suspect your fudging things some) you cannot compare yourself to almost ANYONE else on this server because your playtime puts you at the most extreme end of the bell curve when it comes to play time.
  13. Dyzalot Augur

The amount of real life time is irrelevant as i was only talking about "played" time. 10 days played to get to level 56 doesn't seem all that much of an obstacle for most since many other classes can do it faster and twinked alts can do it faster.
  14. Vykk Lorekeeper

Phinigel's XP rate feels like it was balanced for full groups who are going to XP at least twice as fast as solo players due to the massive grouping bonuses they added over the years. On live it's not as big of a disparity because of mercenaries, but on TLP it's a huge difference and why solo XP feels impractical. They probably can't change that gap on Phinigel and only have the server's base XP rate to adjust. I hope they do increase it because as someone mentioned there are far less people leveling alts and that hurts the group scene at all levels.
  15. Lumiens Augur

Why not just put something better than 25% exp pots in the store maybe? Daybreak could still make their $$$$ that they want to make off the game and then people who really want to level faster have an option to. I mean $15 bucks a month for a subscription is literally nothing for how many hours of entertainment I get from it versus anything else I could spend $15 on, I personally don't mind kicking in some extra cash to the shop if it means that it keeps the TLP servers alive a little bit longer.
  16. Galdous Augur

Please do not nerf the xp even more then you already have. There are 10+ other servers for those who want things faster. Let us old school mmoers who want a slower going pace have our server and relive the old eq days. You can do an hour every 3-4 hours as it is to 54-55. The game is not meant to be able to max out 1 main and 11 alts in a week.
  17. Kittany Augur

I honestly don't get why people complain about the exp rates. Don't get me wrong, it's not great, but it's not terrible either. Being a casual player, I managed to reach 60 in a short amount of time. This was before the bonus exp event and I do not box.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. taliefer Augur

having 25 days played in a bit over a month(you said it was taken before the bonus exp started on march 16) means you are a bit more than casual
  19. Kittany Augur

That may be true. I was more referring to the more oblique definition of casual. :) Although in my case, a good portion of the play time is attributed to a spinal injury. (Being bed ridden for a while leaves lots of time to play EQ)
  20. GrugSA Augur

You want charm nerfed?

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.