EXP Rate on Phinny - Can we get an adjustment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Horathmir, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowerDefense Augur

You have 4 months to hit 60 before you would be considered behind the curve.

Also not in reply directly to you, but the reason most guilds fizzle out by pop is because they get stifled on mobs and progression. Theoretically this wont happen on phinny. So we could potentially see the most populous tlp to date.
  2. EQForumAcct Augur

sounds like your friends are used to WoW. too bad.
    Viper1 likes this.
  3. EQForumAcct Augur

except you knew the rate was slower before going, and went anyways. Enjoy the bed.
  4. taliefer Augur

snarky response with bad info is sad, you should delete your account right now and never come back
  5. Vykk Lorekeeper

Forum trolling shenanigans should be cheeky and fun. Your shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all...
  6. Aaramis Augur

Yep, true, although it's not quite that simple.
    In 1 month's time, places like L Guk or Seb won't be quite as busy anymore as everyone will be farming Kael or ToV for their velious armours. Velk will become the new 50+ XP zone. People won't focus quite as much on the planes, or the old dragons, when they're trying to farm for Sleeper keys or equipping up in ToV.
    Sure, some stuff will still be killed asap for epics and such, and even for cash/krono sales, but it's going to get spread a bit thinner...and those playing catch up aren't going to have the same experience.
  7. Misaligned Augur

Yeah man thanks a ton, that was HUGELY helpful. I've had mixed experiences in group, some positive, some not so. I made a number of mistakes and assumptions about what I was getting into from my schedule, to my class choice, etc. Not going to go into all of that because it's off-topic and nobody cares, but ultimately the xp rate is having a real impact on my desire to continue.

It really wasn't until I hit 40 that it slowed down so much I felt like it was just impractical to solo or duo. Perhaps that's intended in which case Phinigel may just not be for me. I don't want to live in a full group the entire time I play the game.
  8. Horathmir Elder

And you are wrong, remember the first rule of Assume please. Only one of us has ever played Wow and that is me. The others are playing EQ1 or EQ2 for about 15 years each, Of the 5 of us who started 2 months ago on this server, I am the only one left, I am level 37 and play 2-4 hours a night, usually 3-4 nights a week. I know at this rate I will not be 60 by Velious, which was our goal.

Bumping the EXP rate hurts no one. The ones posting against it are all in the top guilds who pretty much hand held everyone through the EXP process to get a raid for ready for raiding ASAP. They DID NOT level through the same, normal process that everyone else has to.
  9. Kahna Augur

Increasing the exp isn't going to hurt anyone at this point. For those claiming that everyone will rush to 60 and then get bored I have a news flash for you. The overwhelming majority of folks who started when the server opened are already 60, and they are already only logging in for raids, and they are already bored. This is because they have zero desire to roll an alt and go through that slog again.

Boosting exp will increase the grouping opportunities at lower levels, and allow more people to enjoy the lovely instances we have. Getting to 60 is slightly less boring when you actually have something to raid.
  10. Dilf Augur

Unfortunately, the burnout > me. I didn't start playing on Phinny until after the bonus exp expired, and my highest level character is 22 with a few alts in the mid-teens. When I was in college 15 years ago, I could spend 6+ hours online every day and never had to worry about the leveling pace, but it's a different story having 2-4 hours tops with 3 month expansion releases while being forced to group.

I can accept that I just don't have the time to keep up with the pace of Phinny, so I suppose I could return to Ragefire, go back to the Live servers, or dabble in EQ2 again.
  11. Kibanu Augur

I can't believe no one else picked up on this... but I'll finish it out.

... Evil Shenanigans!
  12. Aaramis Augur

Live server XP will ruin you for any TLP server. Issue there is, you're solo from 1-70. If you actually *do* want to group and see some of the raidable stuff, the progression servers are your only option (and Phinny offers the best chance due to instancing).

IMO, I think the best option for you (and perhaps me too) is finding a very casual guild who's quite ok tackling things 1-2 expansions behind.
  13. Dilf Augur

To be honest, I didn't mind the exp pace on Ragefire at all, as I could solo while trying for groups. The instanced raiding and true box idea were the major attractions that swayed me to re-roll. The exp gain on the Live servers is a beautiful thing early on, but I know that's not how it was back in the day.

You're idea about joining a casual guild is a good one, but I'm concerned that all the TLPs will be ghost towns once we are past PoP. I stopped raiding around DoN, so I'd like to see all of that and beyond. I'm wrestling with the ideas of keeping at it or not, or just stripping off my gear to use Kronos more wisely elsewhere.
  14. Kahna Augur

Are there even any casual guilds on Phinny who "raid an expansion behind"? I mean, for a casual guild with less equipped and experienced folks it is still going to take 30-40 people in the 50's to kill Vox and Naggy. Once you hit the mid-50's you can easily find a guild who is raiding current content that will take you. I just don't see too many casual guilds raiding an expansion behind being able to recruit and keep enough people to raid an expansion behind. It's the leveling that is the time commitment and hard on casuals. Raiding is quick and easy. A couple of hours two or three days a week. A better bet is to join a leveling guild and jump ship when you hit raiding level.
  15. Dilf Augur

As of right now, there are maybe 2 guilds. One is an alliance that is starting to do Kunark raids, and another that is real casual. It might not make sense now, but there may be more popping up around the Luclin era that will still hit Kunark and Velious targets.
  16. bodes Augur

2? Phinnykills.com has 9 guilds who had first kills an expansion later with 4-7 I would personally describe as casual. Even some guilds who cleared classic in era consider themselves casual on their own recruiting posts. Just because they also kill some Kunark bosses doesn't mean you shouldn't consider them.
  17. Dyzalot Augur

My rogue would love those...
  18. Dilf Augur

I'm not really counting the Classic -> Kunark transition for this example, but the 2 I counted just started doing Classic and some Kunark bosses now that Velious is only ~4 weeks away. It will be more evident what guilds are current or doing older content when Luclin and PoP come out.

All these guilds are considering themselves casual because the content is instanced and there is no absolute need to poopsock 24/7 and batphone anymore - but it's a fantastic QoL change. My schedule doesn't really have a fit with anyone, as it's not common to start at 10pm EST. Most of them start at 7 or 8, and finish up at 11. Another reason for me to possibly cash in my stuff.
  19. bodes Augur

Casual towards open world mobilization doesn't mean they're casual towards the raids. No casual guild would bother VP keying or split raiding.
  20. Machen New Member

There are a number of guilds currently that are either still only raiding classic content or mostly doing classic and so far only killing the easiest Kunark content -- Last of the Ancients / Steel Brigade, Cult of Chaos, The Kingsmen, The Mystic Order, Progress Lost all fall somewhere in there more or less.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.