Add Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UDB Trakanon Please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Miss Shortcake Elder

imo remove the bp from spawned trak, and add a bp plus strings to the real trak.

UDB should be a resource for smaller guilds who want to complete epics for their members, not a bonus farm for people who already have them.
    Rhiyannon, Syrup, JustACleric and 2 others like this.
  2. Spooky Augur

^ thank you
  3. Wintermalo Augur

Man named Spooky mad because he can't finish epic immediately. Makes outrageous claims like UDB being the most contested epic mob in the game. Expects both support and immediate change to remedy something that spawns 1.5-2 times a day. Believes he is a rational human being.

More news at 11.
    GhostbustersII likes this.
  4. GhostbustersII Elder

Unfortunately some folks on Phinny have pulled some rather big shenanigans on each other at the start of kunark and have created a rivalry that wasn't necessary in the first place. Unfortunately this rivalry has sprung up on multiple occasions in little pockets of toxicity on both sides but especially in these forums.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Biggest problem in it to me (and it's not unique to UDB in this regard) is that there was an old fix put into place to make sure there was an option so that people didn't need to contest raids for epics to make them easier.

Now those same fixes actually are making plenty of epics HARDER than they were before the fixes with the DZs that were added to Phinigel.

v1.0 epics for plenty of classes would be easier than the v1.1 ones that exist now with the DZs on Phin. It's kind of amusing.
  6. GhostbustersII Elder

Would definitely argue how hard it was before compared to how hard it is now... Trak before was something like a 2-3 day spawn(I could be wrong so correct me if I am) Was he guaranteed to even drop the strings? Thought it wasn't every time sort of like VS with Wiz staff.

Undead spawn spawns on average every 14-16 hours (1.5-1.75 times a day)

Real trak used to spawn on average every 60 hours and fat chance at getting it in era if you aren't in the top 2-3 guilds.

Do you see where 14-16 hour spawns might just be easier than an 60 hour highly contested raid mob?

I know on this server Trak spawns every day plus everyone has their private DZ so on this server it would be much much easier if they did the proposed changed but it isn't about making it easy. It is an epic quest and epic quest should have some degree of difficulty and they should require help from others.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Yea, I realized after that I didn't clarify v1.0 version WITH OUR DZs would be. I caught that in my edit, but you were too quick.

Don't really have a strong opinion on if it should be altered or not - just find it interesting how the changes to make it easier at one point make it harder now with DZs.
  8. GhostbustersII Elder

Yeah I have been trying to make it a point that the BRD epic is right in the mix of difficulty with most of the properly tuned epics.

Definitely not as hard as the ENC or SK epic but not as easy as PLD, SHM, Warrior by any means.

An epic that is right in the middle of the road for difficulty doesn't seem like an epic they want to mess with unless they want to re-balance every single epic in the game.

I for one would honestly rather see DBG's limit time spent on working on Vellious, Drusella, and HT bugs, and other much more important matters than working on re-balancing all of the epics in the game.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Nod, I think it's a nice wishlist for TLP 4.0 (or would it be 5.0? Does Phin count as its own TLP generation?)
  10. Spooky Augur

Why exactly is the SK epic "hard"? There are no sks on the server, the mobs all spawn in picks, and the worst is a one groupable mob that can be respawned over and over again if SKs choose to allow it.

Bard epic solely due to the number of bards and the single instance, with a spawn timer that was not reduced at all, is harder than SK epic.

ENC epic is broken and Wiz due to broken golem is stupid too. The broken ones should be fixed. UDB should be fixed too. SK spawns should be reduced. Like why is UDB not comparable to Ragefire?
  11. Spooky Augur

Why are you guys conceding that a database change is something that absolutely is out of the question? It would take five minutes for them to do it.
  12. Korillo Augur

I think you are delusional because you are a bard. I get that you are frustrated with the UDB atm but you're really reaching here.
  13. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

Just lol. How's that working out for you so far?

Reading through a number of your posts, it seems that there is some degree of validity to what you are asking for. However, with such a short time-line I'd be incrediblynsurprised if a fix was made.

Oh and you ask about SK bottlenecks? The Soul Leach for one, is a rare drop off a mob. I'm sure some guild has gotten incredibly unlucky and they have SK's without one. Also, Marl despawning for 3 days is a pretty huge road block and creates poop socking & competition for the turn in. You're just too wrapped up in your "me" issue to recognize it.
  14. Vaclav Augur

We've seen one Soul Leech so far personally. We've not bothered doing split raids on fear, but otherwise killed him weekly up to Kunark, and twice since Kunark I think... (And we had a "bonus CT" from a bug in one of those)
  15. Spooky Augur

The timeline to fix it depending on how they do it can be 5 minutes.

Marl is 36 (?) hours not 3 days.
  16. Vaclav Augur

That was my thought with the tools they had to make instanced raids for us back in the day - I was corrected that it was pretty challenging with the tools they had at that time. Just because something seems simple, doesn't mean it is. (They clearly created the tools to do it easier now but it took a bit)

Hopefully you're right and they could make people happier on this set of TLPs - but I wouldn't hold your breath. Often things are tougher to do than it seems as a player.
  17. Spooky Augur

Considering they already had UDB spawning in all picks on ragefire, and a loot table is a loot table, there are at least two very simple ways they can address this.

I've said more than my piece so I am leaving this thread. I hope they do the right thing. Thanks all for conversation.
  18. GhostbustersII Elder

LOL you make this waaay too easy for me here.

There are generally more SKs on the server than Bards or the number are at the very least equal.

As for the SK Epic.
    Yes, Marl does spawn in Multiple picks but it is an outdoor zone so fat chance of seeing more than 2-3 picks heavily contested. When you open a new pick up he isn't in it. You have to wait the spawn time plus the window holding the pick open the whole time.

I believe he is 3 day spawn with some ridiculous window and keep in mind that you have to hand into him 2 different times for the epic alone which despawns him. You also have many SKs going for the BP and earring that SKs get which also despawn him.

Also does Lhranc spawn in picks? I know he is MUCH worse than UDB because the spawn timer is a lot longer than UDB plus it takes an equal force to kill him.

Not even considering the Soul Leach, sky, the Ratman guard, and other items, it would take you a minimum of 9 days of pure socking to complete this epic and that is if absolutely no camps are contested.

I bet, with some luck from chromatic guts that tends to spawn an average of every 4 hours, and the backbone dropping off phinny, I could do the bard epic in less than 12 hours since my guild will mobilize for UDB if someone needs it when it pops. For argument sake lets say I can do it in 48 hours (which is extremely reasonable). That 48 hours still isn't 1 Marl spawn.

(pretty sure Marl is 3 day spawn but even if he is 36 hours, as you say, you still have to camp him twice which means 72 hours. That means once mob in the SK epic takes longer than the full bard epic.)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Spooky Augur

You're wrong on a lot of points there but I'm done with thread. Thanks.

And what does your guild suggest we all do? Oh form a raid in tox and spawn picks yourself.
  20. GhostbustersII Elder

Bye, GL getting your easy bard epic sometime.
    Hope you don't quit before you get it.