Add Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UDB Trakanon Please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Vaclav Augur

You sure about that? The timer our more persistent bard has running is closer to 1.5-1.75x/day on average...? Or you rounding up a bit?
  2. GhostbustersII Elder

So basically UDB is spawning 2 times a day.

You are complaining that someone spawns it unable to kill the trak and he depops? Than they should probably have made a failed trak more of a penalty if you turn in and fail. Right now there is no penalty and people are almost botching it on purpose which is annoying.

No, I listed what I thought of the epics and how hard each one was. So if you are trying to say that I think SK epic is easy than you just aren't reading and you are filling this thread with dumb fluff to try to make some flawed point.
  3. GhostbustersII Elder

I think he is rounding up a bit.
    The big thing is people are being dumb with the UDB and spawning it when they don't have the ability to kill it because they have absolutely nothing to lose by failing the event.

I would say he is actually being killed an average of 0.7 times a day (even though he spawns 1.5-1.75 times per day) because of there is no penalty for failing him.
    Vaclav likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

Having it eat your hard dragon-scaled work on turn in would be really rough - that's a ton of lost effort on failure. I don't think at this stage of the game's life you're going to see an overhaul to the bard epic akin to say pearls for the cleric epic to prevent spam-spawning abuse. They could add a massive plat cost to turn in easily enough, which might help? Or perhaps have UDB-spawned Trak stay up until real (MOTM) Trak?

It's a problem seen in every future non-instanced expansion. Spawning AOW and failing to kill it, despawns in an hour. Killing blood and not emp used to be a huge deal but was fixed with a placeholder, cursed isn't too bad but 2 hours of annoying if blown. POP is riddled with this mess from MB to Coirnav; like every other god there can be wasted this way. Even if UDB is changed to be less prone to being wasted, the idea behind the problem is going to persist for several more expansions. Phinny can, I assume, avoid the bulk of it with instances... RF/LJ (if they even survive to these expansions heyo) won't be so lucky.
  5. GrugSA Augur

No, i understand it spawns 4 times as often as Vessel or VT and isn't half as contested, but your guildies are slackers and won't help out. Sounds like a personal problem, not one with the game. I don't think i single AoS bard has waited for more then a day for UDB. To be quite honest the Bard epic is probably the best tuned one in terms of difficulty and itemization.
  6. Spooky Augur

i wish you AoS basement dwellers would stay out of these threads. You do nothing but throw smoke on real issues that affect every player with nom-EQ priorities. I don't care that your melody bots are getting epics at-will. Your guild is hundreds of people. You want to say that **I** want a participation trophy? Getting an AoS tag is the ultimate participation trophy. Your players are not more skilled than anhone else on the server; I know this because Ive grouped with you, because Ive seen your clerics and bards wipe their groups on trash in Sebilos. The participation trophy for showing up with an AoS tag, to raids that are 100% trivial to the leadership who are on their n-th progrssion server and have a force 2-5 times what is required for what we're all killing, so that your individual contributions have ZERO effect on the outcome--that IS the definition of rewarding participation.

So, the few of you who feel the need to enter into every thread and tell us how much we suck because our guild isnt monopoling open world spawns... you are contributing as much to these discussions as you are to your raids. Stay the out.
  7. Pikallo Augur

While I don't necessarily disagree with adding the item back to the original Trakanon since he is a legitimate raid target, this type of demanding, entitled post is laughable. They absolutely do NOT need to address it just because of your whining rant. Plenty of reasonable people seem to think the bard epic is fine the way it is, DBG included. There are tons of bards with jobs and families(lol at this lame and tired argument for hand-me-outs) that already have their epic. So the problem is on you. Yes, it might take some effort and frustration - but that is part of what makes it epic.

I find it funny when people cry about "omg someone was here at 5am and killed it! i will never get it!". Guess what? It will spawn 15 more times this week - perhaps try again!? Sorry you didn't get it the one time you tried, such is life in EQ. I've personally seen UDB up multiple times for hours at a time, so its not every single time - you just need some patience and diligence.
  8. Spooky Augur

I will bet you a million dollars it will not spawn 15 times this week. Why? Because thats theoretically impossible. You don't know what youre talking about.
  9. yerm Augur

What are "nom-EQ priorities" then? Getting a bard epic in-era has never been easy. Ever. On the first TLP servers it was a contested point; IIRC a member of my rival guild even got suspended for 3 days for killing the turn in mob deliberately. This isn't just some AOS phenomenon; remove every member of AOS from Phinny and there will still be competition for this - I absolutely promise it.

If you want to get UDB pre-velious you either have to compete and mobilize/sock/etc for it, or you need something that is not "normal" from any point in EQ's past.

Other than that carry on with the rage sir.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Honestly, it would be terrible to nerf it, but I think the best fix would be to simply remove the BPs from Bard Trak (And hopefully up real Trak to compensate).

With 1.5-2 spawns a day that's 10 or so UDBs a week - probably plenty for the server over time if people weren't "using them up" to get extra Trak BPs that even for those doing open world Trak, is available at half the rate - for those doing DZ Trak only, even split three ways, it would be even worse of a BP rate.

Unfortunately for Bards I think it's something that'll likely not get addressed for this generation of TLP though - but hopefully can get on this list for adjustments for a future round if it happens.
  11. Pikallo Augur

Hurling insults that have no basis other than your misguided perception isn't helping anything. There isn't a single person in this thread that said you(or anyone else) "sucks" as you claim. Perhaps get your bubbling rage under control and see that there is actually some civil discussion going on and take your blinders off and absorb some of it. Sure, some people came in and said "Deal with it", but if you can't have thick enough skin to understand there are opposing viewpoints, perhaps you are the one who needs to "Stay the !@#$ out"

Ok maybe 15 was generous and rounding up, closer to 10-12. But the point still stands...
  12. GhostbustersII Elder

Hm you seem to have something against AoS an you seem to be sorely misinformed too.

Let me take this chance to chime in though:
    I agree that AoS players aren't always at the top of their game and they are prone to wiping a group in seb or prone to bad play. As a whole they are pretty good though.

They get the job done and they get it done well when it comes to raiding. The fact that you are still implying they are a zerg force when they have proven to take content down with multiple small spit raids, that are generally smaller than most other guild's raids, shows that they at least have some level of skill and know the game mechanics. This is the absolute opposite of a zerg guild.

The reason why they roll with the numbers in open world content is because EQ is a number game. If you have the numbers and are able to mobilize those numbers, you win races. It's actually a pretty simple concept that folks like you just can't wrap your head around.

For the record, a Melody bard is a box bard apparently you are mis informed. If I picked out 2 bards and combined their parse, I bet they would make top 10 on your parse every time.
  13. Spooky Augur

First, ragefire had this fixed for the first two weeks. UDB spawned in picks. He should not have dropped breastplates, but that wasn't even the trigger for removing him.

Second, this server is all but "normal" for EQ. We have instanced raids. Consider the sheer number of scales and bards on the server and think logically for a moment, then tell me that competition was ever this high for UDB. If it was, it was completely due to BP farmers. That's just basic logic.
  14. GhostbustersII Elder

Do you really have a million bucks?

It is definitely theoretically possible for it to spawn 15 times in a single week.
    I don't know the exact window but after trak I think it is about 6-14 hours and after you kill UDB the window is the same. It would be very unlikely and it would take people killing the UDB right as it pops every time but it is extremely possible for it to pop 15 times in 1 week.

Also the UDB pops on server up apparently so if you want to bet 1M dollars, I bet I could find a DBG employee for say 500k to take down the servers 4 ties on a patch week (so 5 times total) to make him spawn 15 times in a week :)
  15. GhostbustersII Elder

I don't think there has been any UDB I have seen or heard of on this server where the bard epic was not created. It has not been used for BP spawn so far.

The UDB spawning in picks as a mistake that they addressed in the patch notes because they realized that it made a well balanced epic face roll easy.

Honestly though the UDB wasn't much of a problem on previous progression serves because most of the scales were loaded on the top guild. The other guilds that had scales generally loaded them on their warrior and not too many bards got them (some did).
  16. Pikallo Augur

That is a pretty ridiculous assumption unless you have been personally monitoring every UBD lol. I'm almost certain there are times it has been killed just for a BP.
  17. Vaclav Augur

I hope you're right.
  18. Kiani Augur

I bet it has been used to pop Trak for BPs. Regardless, if it hasn't, it will be, just like on RF.

Undead bard spawn is independent of Trak, it can spawn when Trak is up, even. But Trak will kill it, so you won't see both up at the same time.
  19. GhostbustersII Elder

No this is based on who is showing up to the UDB. I know for a fact AoS doesn't batphone UDB like TL used to.

I also know for a fact that IVAS, IS, AoS, Crossguard, and OGC have main bards actively camping the UDB throught this last week (and those have also been the same guilds killing it/contesting it). I know because I have been there myself at times.
    I have camped it also and seen the bards from each of these guilds and also,
    I have been leveling up an alt and seen all these bards in my leveling area, Juggs, I have seen what is going on.

Generally if someone is farming BPs it becomes a lot more apparent that they are doing that and, from what I have seen in the past, the folks farming BPs are fairly willing to give away the strings to non-rival guilds so it is win-win.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Hopefully true, and the "non-rivals" criteria should basically be everyone thanks to DZs and really only one open world focused guild ATM.