Veeshan's Peak Key Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Realoead, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bodes Augur

There's a lot of AOS bashing in this thread, but OGC has had by far the highest concentration of bad apples on the server since day 1. If morality is really this important to you then you couldn't have done a worse job vetting your guild choices. Sorry man.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Kumidor Journeyman

While I haven't seen this personally, in my 5 yrs of playing TLP servers and being a very active player, I have no doubt we have some, but highest concentration? Might be a bit of a stretch. BTW. Bodes, I haven't seen your name pop up, you active on Phinny server?
  3. bodes Augur

Yes I am active
    No that's not a stretch.

A 5 minute conversation with anyone about Modest Man would have you given you enough information to start looking elsewhere before the server even launched. OGC picked up some decent TL people but not enough to fundamentally change the culture.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. GhostbustersII Elder

OGC has been relatively good on this server. I can't say the same about their guild on LJ though.

If you were honestly looking for an upstanding good guild I would have recommended MiM to you. The way they conducted themselves on Lockjaw when everything was going on was absolutely respectable and classy.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Saglagar Lorekeeper

MiM does not train people.
    MiM does not ks people.
    MiM does not steal camps.
    MiM does not tell lies and blame everyone else.
    MiM manages to get it done and not piss off the ENTIRE server.
    If MiM screws up they admit it, apologizes and tries to make a mends.
    It's not hard to be nice and win at the same time. If your a greedy it's because you choose to be one.

Do the math on keys folks: 2 spawns per day x 90 days = 180 possible keys in that time. VP is going to be so unwanted when Vellious comes out, why bother dealing with the asshats.

I'm a member of MiM (Bandage) I have no hidden agenda.
    But the original post is probably not such a bad idea. Why ruin your game time with dealing with guilds to get a key to someplace that won't be worth in 10 weeks. There is lots of other things to do just as productive. Let the hater guilds fight it out with the other hater guilds. Happy Trails.

P.S. MiM recruitment is up, I wonder why.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Rhiyannon like this.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Perhaps to some circles - I can quote a total of four people in OGC I've have bad experiences with over here in IVAS.

Two are now in AOS, one in EOE (I think... I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was EOE I just saw him in...), and one that is still OGC.

But then again, Kumidor's "I'm not happy about this..." bit there looks like something I could've easily posted myself as well - in case I've not made it clear with how I speak on the issue.

I understand why people would be impatient/etc on both sides, but I wish people would be civil about it in some way or another.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Nicorus Elder

We need to pressure DBG to immediately edit the test patch to increase each key mob to drop 3 pieces instead of 1. That is the real solution and they are the ones who are really to blame. Many people said making it a competitive key was a bad idea when they decided to require keys for the instance.

Not proud of racing on the key spawns cause I do think it was bad for the server, but we play the game DBG gives us.

The real solution now is to strongly advocate DBG to make immediate change and not let them get off with delaying another month+ to fix a real problem. They hotfix patched MOTM bug, they need to push a hotfix for this too.
  8. Vaclav Augur

This doesn't address ground spawns - reduce those to an hour or something as well to keep it in line?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Polekn Augur

Reduce ground spawn timers to 1 minute. What's the point of "competing" for them? Erasong said this quest was good to have people visit different zones - I can agree with that. Make it so that you have to visit all these zones, pick your ground spawns or kill a mob which is always up. No need to DPS race on grey con mobs.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. yerm Augur

While I've actually been extremely impressed by Dima's apparent efforts to do right here and actually try to police his membership, reality is that he's probably in over his head and incapable of cutting it out and server perceptions and complacency by others don't help. If AOS, IVAS, etc barely contain their members from retaliating and creating a VP key ruckus, does it make sense for him to have go above and beyond what Elaida and Krimz do? How much more above and beyond?

Also keep in mind that there's a difference between concentration and total. AOS has more members than OGC, and more active members at that. If both guilds had the same concentration the result should be way more negative AOS instances in total.

Meanwhile, if we want a realistic "solution" to this that can keep some semblance of server health and sanity, here's my proposal: NO Escalation! The turdnuggetry stays at the bottleneck camps. If IVAS rolls in with 26 people to dps race your BGM, you don't go training Krimz at Juggs in response. If AOS proceeds to charm&gate the next one out from under you, stay the hell off my back down at kennels. Keep the toxicity quarantined to these bottlenecks like VP keys and don't troll all over each other outside of it. If you don't want to deal with the competition, don't. The only items that maintain critical value into velious and past it are certain epics, and not one of the key epics for future progress (bard, cleric, and maybe warrior) has one of these toolbag-ridden bottlenecks as far as I can tell.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Nicorus Elder

Ya camping a ground spawn should just be 5 min or less repop. But if they had to do an hour cause DBG gonna DBG so be it.

I just think making each mob drop multiple medallions is the way to go, you still have to put in the time to find or get the mob to pop but instead of eyeing the guy next to you like he might shiv you at any moment you can group up and both get what you need.

And agree totally with Yerm, the key piece BS is bad enough without making it worse.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

As far as I've heard/can tell - it has remained restricted to key camps thusfar.
  13. Mindtickler Journeyman

lettuce be real tea, you didnt join citizen thinking dima was going to promote hand holding
    GhostbustersII likes this.
  14. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

If there was a coordinated effort to spawn new instances of these contested zones, I would absolutely participate.

If the server had nearly 20 total zones of Seb, I'm sure there can be more than 3 total zones of these commonly contested spawns.

With regards to community standards, it depends who you really run into. Not every run in is necessarily a reflection off what a guild stands for. I've met a lot of leaders and officers, and I have a great deal of respect for many of them. Others aren't the best leaders and managers, but it's what a guild is stuck with a lot of times.

I'm not immune to being griefed either. Right before Kunark launched, we were able to spawn the Ivandyr's Hoop NPC (Lyguna) with another guild. When they were done, they ran her into the guards, and and the "co-guild leader" was chain killing her for hours (even once with charm/gate!) to prevent anyone else from having Ivandyr's Hoops. What's going to happen from this? Nothing. Your best bet is to document scenarios like this, and don't forget the individuals involved, and reach out to other officers in good faith.

With levels, you'll be able to split Trakanon fairly easily. Any guild with 60+ fairly balanced people can split him. With regards to why you saw a 1500 hit from the bard epic variant, if a lifetap kills you from VS/Trakanon, you'll likely see that lifetap in the form of a hit.

It's good to see guilds work for their extra teeth :) - Well done! We've seen 9+ teeth every kill.
  15. GhostbustersII Elder

I agree with your post. Don't agree with your math.
    Lets do something more realistic here:

AoS has got an average of over 35 VP keys a week and that is WITH leveling and folks competing for the key camps. VP key camps were dead for the first few days of the server. I would estimate there to be about 60 complete keys a week between all the guilds on the server.

It takes 30 people to clear VP if you are efficient and good at killing stuff.

With a 12 week expansion at 60 keys/week that would mean that 24 guilds could potentially have a real shot at clearing VP in this expansion.

More realistically though, each guild going in will want and average of 60-70 keys but we'll assume 60 for ease of math. There are 7 guilds that have killed the buffed trak. That means 7 weeks to key everyone on the server who is even capable of completing keys at the moment. Probably 1-4 weeks for those guilds to all be in VP raiding from this very moment.

Now I am all about making these key camps much easier for the health of this server and the health of future servers/expansions but please don't use junk math to try to prove a point. I used a lot of approximations but it is a lot more true than 2 spawns/day.
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Would this include hate tells? I know i've been getting hate tells for at least 2 hours after leaving key camps by a certain monk with gas problems.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Yea, once people were starting to quote the LT numbers I was starting to wonder if that bug still existed. My wife's vision isn't the best, so she does screw up 5's and 6's quite often with smaller fonts. Would all fit.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Yea, I do consider "actions" different vs. "words".
  19. Rhiyannon Augur

nope stalking, threatening, abusive tells, training etc goes on as retaliation, as my bard guildmate cello can confirm if you ask him. he got the aj one day as I said in a previous post, being new to eq he had no idea what the mob was and we learned of what was going on while AoS was training him in KC after.
  20. Vaclav Augur

That's a shame - that was a VP key part spawn that he ended up messing with? =/

I remember seeing the story earlier but you never specified what it was that caused their ire.