Veeshan's Peak Key Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Realoead, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Vaclav Augur

Shrug, we'll see - we had 62 in raid average level of 55 and he was super trivial this past Sunday - with clerics ending the fight with 60% mana (before curing poison at least - I only asked then) - and zero deaths, not from melee nor poison.

I hate the idea of split raiding personally, the logistics of inviting and balancing seem obnoxious to me. But for the sake of keying quicker its under consideration ATM.

Think it depends on how attendance/levels look that day, as well as how large our "finished except for tooth" list is. If the list still looks to have alot of people slacking, I imagine we likely won't bother regardless of attendance/levels.
  2. Rizey Elder

Who mad now?
  3. Vaclav Augur

With 1 unboxed cleric (2 boxed), no charm pets, and a slackass ENC named Aszuth... and 14 total bodies I think? (and like 2 monks and a ranger for DPS... lol?)

An error got made, AE started chewing through people fast. I think we might have been light on DPS for the heals we had even without the error to be honest.

A guildee saw the chance to try it, and we knew the numbers were dicey but tried it anyways - the horror.
  4. Rizey Elder

How dare we attempt to help a guildie in need even with small numbers?

We're such greedy, self-serving !
  5. Vaclav Augur

Indeed. Clearly we're terrible people.

AFK making a cocktail including bleach.
  6. GrugSA Augur

UDB Trak is a joke, 1 groupable. Those aren't "dicey" number
  7. Vaclav Augur

He banished, AE'ed like normal and hit for 1600 - perhaps him being spawned so closely to real Trak's spawning glitched and MotM'ed him.

I'd read that UDB Trak wasn't supposed to Banish so that did feel odd.

I wish my wife kept logs because she quoted the 1600 hit, I'm not 100% sure to believe her or not and didn't check her screen myself. But she read it to me as "Trakanon hits YOU for 1600 damage"
  8. GrugSA Augur

9. Vaclav Augur

Yes, the word perhaps clearly serves no purpose in my statement. The variant we got I'd challenge anyone to do at L60 with a single group.

Regardless we tried to help someone out and due to rushing it (and hey, would've been lost to Trak spawning if we hadn't anyhow!) we goofed, glitched or not.

That puts our total wipes at around 9 that I recall for the server to date (two to Bees, two to OoA, one CT and one Inny wrecked us each though as well), oh heavens no. And yes, Inny is pretty easy too. Gosh, I'm so embarrassed. Wiping away these tears before I continue further typing...

Ok, done.

Guilds wipe sometimes, it happens. Sometimes even on easy things. Especially if things like my hypothesis of a glitching is accurate.
  10. Rizey Elder

Would bet any amount you couldnt 1 group him gruggypoo (in era obviously).

I'll be waiting for the video you'll never post.
  11. Machen New Member

It WAS a joke, actually. Next week, maybe not so much.
  12. Miss Shortcake Elder

i am not familiar with this "wipe" concept in everquest
    Qelyn and ElaidaTL like this.
  13. Machen New Member

Trakanon 3/2/2016, maybe I should add a new asterisk category after all.
    ElaidaTL and Rhiyannon like this.
  14. ElaidaTL Augur

shortcake followed right behind by machen. strait up win posts haha.
    Qelyn likes this.
  15. -wycca Augur

UDB Trak has always banished. He AE's like normal, he lifetaps like normal, but he should be hitting for like 800 max.
  16. Krimzin Augur

he hit me for 1500
  17. Finley Augur

Even if he hit like a wet noodle, didn't Banish and his AoE was broken, who cares if someone wiped to it? Big woop, mind your own business.
  18. EradzEQ Elder

“What we don’t want to do is instance raids, which is what casuals want us to do because they want to fight Nagafen Veeshan's Peak. Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen Veeshan's Peak… that diminishes the achievement of others. That’s part of the challenge: You have to be better than the other guy; you have to be more strategic that the other guy.”( Charm / Gate FTW!!)

Maybe next Progression server we will see VP keys either gone or spawn timers adjusted!
  19. Dizdemona Lorekeeper

USB track hits for 800, lifetaps for 1500, and banishes, you're not single grouping him
  20. Kumidor Journeyman

I am sure this wall of text is probably going to fall on deaf ears, but simply writing I guess I feel I at least put my 2 cents into it.

First, I wanted to start out with a response to Elaida/Erasong’s comments and point of view. Like you I feel overwhelmed by the individual guild mates unable to behave is some reasonable semblance of maturity. My guild OGC seems to have taken the exact same stance as you and yours. I simply have one quote that I personally try to live by. I think it has an undeniable meaning pertaining to the issue this server is going through right now due to VP key quest.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

And the sad fact is, Elaida’s, my guild, and I know others out there are doing exactly that.

NOTHING.

The golden rule has been thrown out the window, as well. People are treating each other as if there is no tomorrow. We as a server are on each other, but who knows, maybe tomorrow that person you just obviously harassed maybe your guild mate. I have tons of friends (atleast I consider them friends) in AoS,TL, SA however you want to call them. They were my guild mates. I told Elaida this probably too late, and maybe I burnt some bridges because of it, but I left them before the server started. I was honestly hoping that both my leaving might have some influence into have them look back on themselves, and maybe being a part of a guild not trying to be on the bleeding edge of progression and racing to those all-important server first bragging rights, that I might find a guild that would hold themselves to a higher standard where two wrongs don’t make a right, and treating each other as you yourself would like to be treated.

As of last night, I honestly don’t believe there is a guild on this server that can actually say (and be honest while saying it) that they or their guild mates participating in shady bullpucky.

I hate to say this, but Elaida you know as well as anyone that has taken 5 secs to get to know me, I am genuinely hurt the way this server is behaving. I can no longer sit in game without some fear of a “bad apple” running a train across me, charm/gating, or HT’n a mob I am camping.

This goes for everyone, while I have been singling Elaida out for the reason I think he might have the greatest influence on the server for an overall change in mentality, please reread the quote above.

Good luck to everyone….

I am going back to my world of being naive and believing in that people are good at heart.

:mad: - Kismet <60 Enchanter>
    Rhiyannon and Kittany like this.