PhinnyKills.com - Now Tracking Epic 1.0 Server Firsts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protocol Dragon Defender

Just do a second kunark mob chart that we switch to once the buff is fixed. Call it post fix kunark and call it a day.

Seeing these Gorenaire kills on here is a real laugh.
  2. Caziel_CC New Member

Well this.

Point of the site is to track who actually kills mobs as a way to track the strength of the guilds. For me its a tool telling me who killed what and when based on actual strength of target and not because Guild_001 killed a mob because of a mistake.

Its kind of interesting to see all these guilds who killed Gore - how come they are not all racing to kill open air Gore now that they proven they can do it?

Fair enough you don't want to change it its your site - but for me it just doesn't tell me anything in Kunark as regards to who was first or able to kill anything, so personally wont use it before Velious again.

Caziel
  3. -wycca Augur

There's only one guild on there that can kill Gore, but the list shows 4 guilds downed her on the same day. That's actually pretty funny.

I agree, the Kunark list is useless as a way to evaluate guilds and measure progress. It cheapens any guild who wants to experience the thrill of their name going up after a difficult win.

Jain, you wanna step up on this one perchance?
  4. MabbuQuest Elder

I feel like bugged non-Mark of the Mighty boss kills should be removed form this tracking list. No free rides.
  5. Bobbydomino Elder

It basically never happens - people almost unanimously agree it should be changed. That is telling. It's your website and you can do whatever, but aren't you doing it for the people?
  6. bodes Augur

If he wants to render the information on his website useless so nobody goes there anymore that's entirely his decision. The buffless boss kills and bought-and-paid-for monk epic have already made the site a joke.
  7. Darkening Lorekeeper

Resolute would have been attempting these mobs anyhow on our raid day. With honesty I can say the only one on there that we killed and likely would not have downed is Gore.
  8. RumRum New Member

I am not sure there is a perfect solution to this.

So, say this gets fixed tonight and EoE, Intrepid Syndicate, Pixel Pirates kill Trakanon, sometime this week. If you just eliminate the 3/6 kills, it looks as if those guilds beat IVAS and OGC to Trakanon, when they won't likely get a shot until 3/13. That isn't an accurate indicator of progression either.

OGC split Trak and got 2 Traks worth of teeth. Now they are likely ahead in the VP race minus AoS. That screws up fair progression tracking for VP.

If I was Machen I would be inclined to let it go as is, too. DBG screwed up. Anyone that this really matters to know what kills are legit.
  9. Damdor Journeyman

Hater, I camped both pipe mobs for over 12 hours straight.

An iksar betrayer in 36s, 12k @339dps --- A Di`zok Legionnaire 5k @134dps --- Ikikgud 2k @65dps --- Shord 2k @64dps --- Aerian 2k @62dps --- Rhaok 1k @37dps --- Zelas 0k @0dps
  10. Crackers Augur

Congrats on buying your spot on the website. Best recognition money can buy!
  11. Captiin New Member

fixed
  12. Krimzin Augur

Im ok with our kill getting erased for Trak, just as long as people dont think we only attempted it because we wouldnt win other wise. The real mark for Kunark is if your guild has a PD kill or not in era.
  13. Damdor Journeyman

You just quoted a log of me killing the mob I camped and killed. Thus not buying that pipe.
  14. Rovell Elder

Yep, Resolute would be fine with this list resetting on the dragons once MOTM is added or simply calling them Dragons 1.0 (0.5?) and Dragons 2.0 or something.
  15. Bobbydomino Elder

I personally couldn't care less about who kills what and hope everyone does clear VP. But for people who do care about the"competition" unless DBG does the right thing and takes the loot out, or penalize the guilds who did split raids, Kunark is over.

It's like a 100m race where half the people start at the 25m line while others start at 0. Heck, some guilds got locked out without even having dragons spawn in their instance... (The fact they were up in main instance is irrelevant)

Anyone taking this seriously is delusional.
  16. Crackers Augur

No, I quoted a DPS parse, which has no time stamp or any relevant data. Hell I could fabricate one of those in 30 seconds. That said, again grats! You're recognized on phinnykills regardless of what the rest of the server knows or thinks is relevant.
  17. Machen New Member

Tell you what, more data is good. I'll put an asterisk by all the 3/6-3/8 kills, and then add legitimate kill dates in the same box as they come in. Hopefully this will satisfy everyone.

To the best of my knowledge none of the kills on 3/6-3/8 were open world, if something did die open world with the buff please let me know.
  18. Damdor Journeyman

[Thu Mar 03 15:37:50 2016] an iksar betrayer has been slain by a Di`zok Legionnaire!
  19. Crackers Augur

[Fri Mar 04 18:31:12 2016] Rallos Zek the Warlord has been slain by Crackers!

See what I did there?
  20. Batbener Augur

If the mobs were killed without MOTM, it's still a kill. The kills count. The mobs should have been buffed, I get that. But they weren't. Suck it up. It's like when all the rage and LJ first kills were pet walled down. It's part of the game. They changed the mechanic for a reason, but you still count those first kills. You don't want to slide down that slippery slope. Well, that's not a real kill because you has out of raid DPS. Well, that's not a real kill because I read on twitter that the tank had VP loot that was out of era, but dropped anyway(remember that one, guys). Every kill ever will be nit picked to death by the people not getting the kill. It will be lawyer quest all over again. Just log the date, and move on. There are plenty more expacs to about features that should/should not be in the game. I personally don't want to hear it. (or read about it).

Since all you nit picking pecial people say it, grats to everyone that got their epic, and grats to everyone on their raid kills, open world or not, MOTM or not.
    Darkening and Rhiyannon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.