PhinnyKills.com - Now Tracking Epic 1.0 Server Firsts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -wycca Augur

Grats! He can be a pita.
    Darkening likes this.
  2. GrugSA Augur

Someones they aren't even in one of the top 5 guilds on the server.
  3. Vaclav Augur

LOL? Let's revisit this discussion in a month - not that I particularly care. My goal is to play this game with friends - not measure girth and length.

I've been #1 of my class in the #1 guild of my server, I've been a nobody, and everywhere in-between - I'm honestly happier taking things at a pace with friends rather than being under constant stress over pixels.

You clearly take this game far too seriously - I'll be sure someone sets up a suicide watch when the game ends for you. (in whatever way - be it the game shutting down, guild booting you, getting to expansions you consider "no longer fun" - whatever else)
    Critt likes this.
  4. Simollardes New Member

Exactly. Most of us that are still playing this game have been in guilds that have cleared this stuff in era multiple times.

I've been in top 5 guilds serverwide in era on normal servers before, and I've been in casual guilds just durdling around before.... What I like about Phinny and the only reason I came back to this game is that i could pick a guild that fits my play schedule. We raid hardcore 2 days a week, kill mobs in era, and that's good enough for me. If today wasn't a raid day, we wouldn't have touched OW Talendor... it just worked out for us. If it was Tuesday, IVAS may have had the kill.

A lot of us can't/won't put the time in to be in a guild like AoS at this point, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you can manage it and want to, more power to you. I'm sure 70% of the upper echelon of raiders on this server have roughly the same skillset.... This server just gives you the opportunity to get with a group of like minded people and kill stuff. No different than what EQ becomes circa PoP/GoD. RF/LJ didn't offer that, and that's why you saw the exodus as soon as this server opened up.
  5. BigDog Elder

IVAS IRL :

[IMG]
    GrugSA likes this.
  6. Grecco New Member

Crossguard took down Severilous 3/8/2016 and Venril Sathir 3/10/2016.
  7. Vaclav Augur

It's odd you quoted the other person, with that weak slam being that if you actually read their post - they're Resolute.

And IV wasn't my #1 guild in the past FYI - Cypher on Stromm was - I was Sacred Fires in competition with IV back in the day, #2/3 in that case. (Probably #3 - felt #2 - but the EU guild there, Caer Cadarn - the precursor to our EU guild here - was remarkably solid, but not competing directly made me rarely try to compare things to them)

Their history was quite solid as far as I've seen - and we've had... and under 10 wipes that I can think of so far - generally with lower numbers/levels than others. Feels like a major leaguer doing the minor leagues to retire. Probably could still cut it in the major leagues, but don't want the 18 week touring game schedule traveling all over.

But maybe you can try harder to hurt my feelings - I'll warn you, there's a high threshold though.
  8. Critt Augur

no offense but what cracks me up is anyone bragging about being number 1 in 17 year old content that's been beaten a million times over....I mean it's great that you are having fun and kicking butt but don't get it twisted this is all old hat and other guilds have beat you to it 1000x times already.
  9. yerm Augur

I have a bigger TLP epeen than any of you. Much bigger. The biggest in fact. I am basically the Donald Trump of these servers. The rest of you can kindly stop trying to compare because you're all inferior and leave this thread very kindly alone.

Thanks!
    Dither likes this.
  10. Twigly New Member

This argument is so stupid. Modern TLP servers are the equivalent of speed running. This argument is like telling the guy who can beat Super Mario 64 in an hour and a half that no one cares because you beat it in 3 months as a kid. Comparing them makes no sense whatsoever.
  11. Dranix Augur

I disagree and I think the population that would actually agree with you is rather small. The unlocks are short because the content - even buffed just isn't that difficult and the vast majority of people can realistically clear it with the right numbers and minimal time invested. The only thing stopping more guilds from clearing this content on lockjaw or ragefire was the pseudo-pvp brought about by the inane "competition".

As far as your analogy - That same speed runner has spent months if not years perfecting his ability to speed run his chosen games. The same as say - people who have played on previous TLPs and live who have done this not once or twice but up to three times before. While I can respect and appreciate the commitment and organization involved lets not be ridiculous in attempting to make this into something impressive.

Play the game and have fun. If you're not having fun you should probably find a new hobby.
  12. Machen New Member

That is true right now, but won't be true forever. Some of the expansions have proven very difficult to beat in era. I believe you can still count on one hand the number of guilds to beat Gates in era, and two hands for underfoot. This is not stuff that everyone and their little brother beat back in the day. Once we hit Gates, from that point on you'll see quite a lot of guilds struggling to complete content in era despite sailing through these first few expansions.
  13. GrugSA Augur

Forget GoD a lot of these guilds won't beat VP in era.
  14. Machen New Member

If that ends up being true, it's only going to be because of the open world keying process. I doubt any of the guilds that cleared classic will have any trouble with Trakanon or any of the VP encounters themselves.
  15. GrugSA Augur

3 of the 6 dragons in VP are much tougher then anything in classic. I'm sure we won't be the only ones to beat it, but i doubt half the guilds who beat Eye in era would beat MoTM VP even if it didn't require the key. VP dragons hit hard compared to anything in classic and 3 of them require like 95% AE dodge rate if you have anything less then 50 toons.
  16. Machen New Member

I'm aware of how hard they are, I cleared VP on ragefire. I stand by my assertion. Guilds that got classic finished will get VP finished too, aside from the keying. It really isn't as hard as you are making it out to be.
  17. Vaclav Augur

So you need a dodge rate that many guilds find quite doable if you're running a roster size smaller than most are using? Oh heavens.
  18. Dranix Augur

Thats fair, I was referring specifically to current content. Obviously dynamics will change considerably. The population will also decrease dramatically as we near that junction as well which will further change those dynamics.

Lets be serious here, VP isn't hard. The key keeps people out and look how much drama there is surrounding it. When you have guilds actively trying to charm KS and use any tactic available to secure kills its silly and ridiculous. Right now you have two guilds who have basically declared open season on VP keys and going above and beyond level tactics to get them - all while expecting the rest of the server to just look the other way while they claim its in the name of "competition". I dont begrudge any guild sitting back and just watching that show and laughing while we have fun and wait for velious where the real raiding starts to happen.
  19. GrugSA Augur

IVSB won't clear VP in era
  20. GrugSA Augur

A few of the guilds that "beat" MOTM classic couldn't even beat Gore on RF when she was being left up for days at a time. The 3 dragons in VP with brutal AEs are much harder then Gore. Gores a white con that doubles and is easy to heal knights up on, frankly we could use rangers to tank her for fun. VP dragons are like 66 sometimes triple and quad and can chunk a BiS warrior for like 60% while in defensive. CT deathballs have been left up days at a time since AoS stop killing them. You seriously overestimate the skill of the avg. EQ player.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.