Auras for all classes at level 105--input needed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. moogs Augur

My typical raid group is myself (Druid) + 5 mages or 4 mages and 1 wizard. We might have 1 enchanter in the raid (in the group stacked with wizards, usually). For certain events such as TDS1, some people get to log in their enchanter alts. Otherwise, no. :(

As Iila pointed out, the other druid aura is 99.9% useless. I prefer to use mana regen aura with twincast on my enchanter when 3-boxing because besides the increase in my group's DPS being hardly worth mentioning, it leaves me with one less thing to think about.
  2. Mintalie Augur

Right, my example was specifically aimed at discounting the validity of using Mana Regen versus Mana Reciprocation, which you very rightly reinforced:
    As for:
    Your point is quite right. My raid group makeup is almost always mage+mage+mage+druid+enchanter+bard so I was thinking too specifically about my own situation. I would love to see some numbers on amp aura and how it affects wizzies, druids, and enchanters (I know that necros want amp aura instead of MR).
  3. Sancus Augur

Iila and moogs like this.
  4. Mintalie Augur

moogs and Sancus like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

This appears to have changed without my noticing? I went to convince a guilded enc to change his linup, and Aug changed the size of my Spear of Molten Shieldstone
  6. Geri_Petrovna Augur

slightly offtopic, as a quality of life issue, could I have my unlimited duration aura have a longer duration? Preferable make my "Master's Aura Effect : Permanent" a little more permanent?
  7. Zezack Journeyman

Minty stop trying to figure out why the sky is blue!

It's because of the ozone.... gawd! <3 Ty for the stimulating read
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. Narye Augur

So we went from ALL classes to Enc and Druid...

What happened to the ALL part?
  9. Jaybizzer Lorekeeper

10. Sancus Augur

I can confirm that our Spell Focus AAs still are using SPA 286, as opposed to 413 (which is what most Spell Focus AAs and Augmenting Aura use):

Spear of Molten Shieldstone Rk. III:

[Sat Jan 02 12:32:22 2016] Sancus hit Combat Dummy Beza for 171771 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sat Jan 02 12:32:22 2016] Sancus delivers a critical blast! (171771)
    [Sat Jan 02 12:32:22 2016] You deliver a critical blast! (171771)
    [Sat Jan 02 12:32:22 2016] Combat Dummy Beza is impaled by a burning spear.

No arms, Max relevant AA, Aura of the Void II, 1148 Spell Damage, so:
    (29731*5.01)+(125+1782)+(2124*5.01)+((((3.5+9)/7)*1148)*5.01)=171771

If they worked properly, it would be:
    ((29731*1.06)*5.01)+(125)+(2124*5.01)+((((3.5+9)/7)*1148)*5.01)=178926
    (And yeah, I ignored truncation b/c I'm lazy)

That said, the above very well may be an oversight. It's possible SPA 413 was fixed, but the Spell Focus AAs were never updated.

My Enchanter is not on the same server as my Mage atm and test isn't working for me, so I won't be able to test Augmenting Aura until later (I may finally get un-lazy enough to pay for the server transfer).
  11. Sancus Augur

As far as correct Aura choice goes though, with the proc changes MR+TC Aura with a Druid running Frostweave should be by far the best option.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Couple of things:

The aura stacking has been changed (yay!), so I believe that druids can use their auras with no longer having issues with other classes auras.

Our basic long lasting auras, Aura of the Grove and Aura of Life, are pretty much useless, as the best one is 30 hp regen per tick and cure 4 disease counters for the group. So, yeah, not used 99.9999% of the time.

The more recent auras are either a fire or cold DD proc whenever a DD spell is cast by anyone in the group.

Problems with them are:
    • Short duration. It means we have to dedicate a spell gem for it. With being both a healing and debuffing and dps class, spell gems are in high demand. Also, we have to stop and recast it often.
    • The last two upgrades (level 98 and level 103) were cold only. Our main damage type is fire, so I don't know how the decision was made to give us only cold ones. Since our debuffs are split between having to cast four main spells / AAs; except for very long fights, I only have time to cast one debuff and it is fire. Seriously, how in the world did any Dev decide that they should only upgrade the cold ones and not the fire ones? If the Devs can only pick one for some reason, make it fire!
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A while back the "Permanent" duration auras were changed to last a lot longer. Something like between 90 minutes to several hours I believe. I play a monk alt and it lasts a long time. I have an audio trigger that goes off when goes away and I just hit a key to bring it back.

Really, I'm practically casting it more often after death (and I die very rarely due to FD) than because it expires.

That said, I don't see any reason why the duration shouldn't really be unlimited, or if that is not possible due to code issues, 10 hours or so.
  14. Silv Augur

And I'm pretty sure all the reasons you mentioned are exactly why they won't ever change the short duration auras -mainly Dru/Enc- from 5 minutes; they're content with it eating a spell gem and being inconvenient. That's part of the "fun" and challenge :rolleyes:

Life would be so much nicer if MR/Frost aura lasted any length longer and persisted through zoning like the rest though. /sigh
    Sancus likes this.
  15. svann Augur

I think bards should always or almost always use aura of sionachie rather than aura of maetenrus. Then sing your aria of maetenrus. Aura of sionachie + aria of maetenrus is better than aura of maetenrus + chorus of sionachie in every way. Unless you need the ae of the chorus version like in a raid maybe.
  16. Sancus Augur

It depends on the scenario. Aura of Maetenrus is among the only ADPS that affects swarm pets, so as a Mage I'd rather my bard run Aura of Maetanrus in addition to Aria.
  17. Iila Augur

Haven't you been paying attention? We're a Magic primary class now. Sure, our debuffs are all Fire, Cold, or Fire+Cold. But the main element that I cast now is Magic.

As far as I can tell, Aristo wants our debuffs and spell lineups to be as painful to use as possible, because Reasons. Not even joking, at soelive, his reasoning for our debuffs being so awful to use was to balance our dps. Back when the only time I could place on a DPS parse was with WK1's AE phase.
    roguerunner and Silv like this.
  18. Random_Enchanter Augur

only when everyone isn't using there TC AAs. During that time the enchanter 'should' be running MR and Amp then switch out. Though if any enchanter does and any group of people coordinate that much *applause* to them :eek:
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Sancus Augur

I thought about putting in that disclaimer, but I don't completely believe that it has actually ever happened successfully.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

And, the thing is, it isn't our dps that is the main thing here. An aura hits your whole group. So, it isn't "balancing our dps" but more like "reducing any reason for anyone to group with us".