A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iMugatu Elder

There are already enough people of level on Phinny to have killed Naggy if the pets were still broken OP and the bosses were not buffed.
  2. Bikk Journeyman

As a returning player grinding for hours on end to not even reach level 5 is gruelling. If the rate to get to level 10 (or 15) was faster I'd be happy. Hitting bats for 45 mins with a sword then beetles for another two hours isnt fun. There isnt anything that defines my class at this level, if it slowed down at level 10 at least I have some utility/spells at my disposal. But swing a 1 hand sword solo is not reliving the glory days.

MBear had a post I wanted to quote in the last thread but that thread is locked and I cant figure out how to quote it. But it was something about experiencing the trains in Crushbone. Which to me is what I wanted to experience again. I want to see those lowbie zones ripe with players again, grouping and camping the wall or that cave area. Or the HighKeep rooms sitting around killing goblins. Those are the things I couldnt wait to do, but in order for me to even get there I'd need to log dozens and dozens of hours. Lets face it this is EQ and I should have expected this, but honestly I just wish it happened at a later level so I had some spell/abilities.
    andross77 and Dynian like this.
  3. Ootax Augur

Well then I guess the xp rate isn't that bad then huh?
  4. Vaclav Augur

Read between the lines with what he said guys... for so many conspiracy theories that are negative a positive one is implied to a degree in his post.

They did this slower XP rate to make it so it took longer to kill the bosses - so while they're not planning to adjust XP, that implies they might consider it after the bosses are dead AND/OR have been delayed enough. So be patient until then. It shouldn't be THAT long.
    oldkracow likes this.
  5. Raynard Augur

Exactly! It doesn't solve the problem they claim it does. Like everything else they do, it only hurts casual players.
  6. Darth Augur

I have all three of those, and am not only in the top raiding guild on LJ, but the Guild Leader.

I get really tired of seeing this argument. Manage your time better. The only time all that matters is the first week. After that I put in less time online than you do.
    MBear likes this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Might be 2-3 weeks for Phin XP - but point still stands minus maybe needing to tweak the timeframe.
  8. Xanadas Augur

It was the right thing. The XP rate ensures people will get thorough enjoyment of the 1-50 experience that made EQ the grandfather of MMOs.
    andross77 and Lemuelbaruch like this.
  9. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Ok, bye!

And i don't want anyone to suffer. Who is suffereing? Those who want to race to max cap in a week before others? There are plenty of other servers you can do that on, and some don't even need All Access Membership!

While I do agree DBG should have posted the ExP difference in their FAQ, you are waaay to bitter.
    kraggnar likes this.
  10. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Oh no thanks. I am happy with the exp changes. I've played EQ2 for the most part, and they make your FLY through 1-20 in like 3 days, then shove you through the 'Golden Path' so you can level even FASTER and reach the 60s in about a week or two.

How is that fun? I mean if you enjoy it, that's great. Remember, forums are such a MINISCULE part of the members on the game.
  11. B1A2C3D6 Journeyman

Unfortunate but intentional? Just need this info so i can properly write my article. Thanks!
  12. Lejaun Augur

I'm not happy with the experience changes for a couple reasons:
    #1- It wasn't announced. This is a big change. A lot of people sold everything on Lockjaw/Ragefire and went to Phinigel. Major changes like this should of been announced ahead of time before the player base had to discover it for themselves. This is my number one gripe.

#2- Unlock times got cut back about a week, but experience is harder to get? This is fine for a lot of us, but I feel bad for the really casual guilds/players who will be struggling to level up a raid force to stay current.

#3- Potions put in the game that basically help wipe out some of the slow penalties. Experience nerfed? Here, but some experience potions or haste or clarity potions. Seems like a money grabbing plan that was done deliberately. This circles around back to #1 and why it wasn't announced until after players complained.

#4- If you think that the bosses aren't going to die within a week, I'm pretty sure Asylum is there on Phinigel to prove you wrong. Nothing is going to change the race to beat content first. It will still happen.

Before anyone lumps me in with those who say they are quitting:
    #1- I love the server so far
    #2- I'm not quitting, I'm just disappointed for those that thought Phinigel was going to be something it wasn't.
    #3- I think some of these changes aren't bad, but the lack of transparency is probably going to cause a lot of account closing or people returning to Lockjaw/Ragefire/old servers.
    Elkay, Friday and Morriana like this.
  13. Morriana Journeyman

I think an issue here is not the xp on it's own but the fact that the majority of folks on Phinny played Ragefire when it opened, leveled a toon thinking that no new server was coming...then they started fresh on Lockjaw, thinking that was the last time they'd have to reroll....now Phinny and OMG we have to level grind AGAIN, but now it's 3 times slower....Well if peeps wanted a reason to go back to LJ and Rage now they have it.

Maybe those 2 servers wont die after all?

But..obvious marketing ploy is obvious.
    Elkay and Lejaun like this.
  14. Depict New Member

So what you are saying is they can't figure out how to properly implement raid instances and therefore need more time?
  15. Laronk Augur

Personally I am happy with the lower exp rate. It gives the opportunity to better explore the inbetween levels.

On Ragefire I was the first paladin to 50 then really I had nothing to do shortly after.

-Laral level 2 shaman (I have a busy schedule so I wont hit 50 till Jan /cry)
  16. MBear Augur

I asked a legit question about how many hours it took.
    Darth answered it.
    I demonstrated that XP is something like 20-25% slower maximum on PA than on LJ.

17. Punchu Augur

Experience rate was certainly a surprise but I don't mind it. Like others have mentioned it can be nice to not out level a camp before you even see the rare item drop from the named.

Wouldn't mind an extra 10-30 days on the lockouts though, as this exp is slower and this is the fastest pace server since Sleeper / Combine.
    Zujilli, Friday and MBear like this.
  18. xakanrn Augur

So let me get this straight because a few levelled and killed a pixel Dragon on a server which they will still do next week rest server must suffer.comparing to 1999 also a joke.let's face most people want to experience the game in an improved way not as it was in 1999 when few options existed.mmorpg have evolved.and honestly should have told people prior as this is a sub server and from all indications many would not have paid if they knew before hand of this..
    Not many have the time or interest to sit in cushioned for 1 level per hour .I hate to think what happens at level 40s.
  19. Sagnid Augur

Thanks for the post Roshen. Don't fret. Must of us like the exp rates just how they are.
    MBear and Friday like this.
  20. Gumby Augur

Your "team" is filled with a bunch of morons if you think you can use this as the excuse for the XP nerf.

It was the weaker versions of these mobs going up against Mage pets. Case closed. Learn to lie better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.