The "No box" Server Information

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Vlorg Augur

bard speed mage pet with virulent talon while the mage is rotating through 3 DA ring destroy many things...

or rangers shooting from halfway accross the zone, on a bard speed horse in case you get close.
    the various way a rogue can kill you within 2 sec (while you are stunned)
    SK 1 shotting with HT combo
    necros landing 2 nigh-unresistable corruption DoT means you'll be dead shortly, even if you kill the necro...

ya.. pvp destroy many things... an army of 20+ mage automaticly sendings pets at any PC that come close might not be one of it

However, it will surely destroy the casual playerbase when an army of toon roll in, kill everyone, then keep an army of 12-18 at the zone-in killing everyone...
  2. Vlorg Augur

Mercenaries appears in seeds of destruction , defiant gear in The Serpent spine ( not 100% sure on this one?)

first i'd worry about people playing on a TLP server post PoP-GoD( previous TLP experiences dosen't really favor this ...) before worrying about what's gonna happen 5 years after it's launch.
  3. Thegoat Elder

Yes it adds a different element to gameplay, but it alows players to police their own server.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Well if you're talking about a machine having a single spoofed SID, there's zero benefit - the SID watch has done it's job.

And you can do graphic acceleration over VM, Hendar2 has spoken about it with his work, but he's got access to some hardcore stuff I'm sure.
  5. Vlorg Augur

there's a reason Zek is in the top 3 least populated server next to Test and Vulak... the free transfer to zek with a permanent 50% XP bonus isn't the reason.

TLP servers will hurt for population in a year or two... let's not add to this problem with EQ grossly unbalanced and gimmicky PvP...
  6. Zephyroth Elder

You are far from the enemy, you just have radical ideas that will ( might ) hurt the longevity of the new TLP :)

All i want, is to be able to have my 2 / 3 toon, have a strong community , raid with some good friends on a non drama server, and just have fun actually clearing the xpac as they come out and struggle in Velious and Luclin because those raids are not that easy if you dont zerg em !
  7. Vlorg Augur

Then, you'll have to find a way to make cleric enjoyable from classic to GoD ( when do they start using more than CH?)
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Let's just hope they can deliver on the following....

• Instanced raid content
    • Less people boxing beyond 3 or 4 +
    • Rare to see a M-Q-2 automated user
    • Rare to see any automated software user
    • No voting etc.. Time-line whatever it is = set in stone
    • No silly dupes
    • Some type of enforcement instead of the current = nothing
  9. Pseudofate Augur

Well put.
    [IMG]
  10. Tris Augur

Yeah, i even think Ragefire and Lockjaw can be saved if they start doing some minimum raid instancing in velious and ahead. I would be happy with Tov, SSra and VT for the next 2 xpansion tbh. Well and possibly ST
  11. Tseroth Elder

Ehh, still used a CH chain in Tacvi so idk.
  12. Vysion Journeyman

I came back due to the new progression servers,, and all of them are just a boxers paradise. Cant even be in a group without their "boxes" sitting just outside of the group. If they claim they will stop the box armies, why only do it on one "new" server....wipe them all out.

What I know, after reading so much on these threads, as that there will be no "box less" server. The desire to play one character at a time and truly reclaim a time when EQ was great, is not what is on players minds apparently. Ragefire and Lockjaw is where people went to farm Krono.....that's about it.

Time to hang up the Everquest "progression" dream I think, or just play on the normal servers where I can still find people invested in their account, one character at a time. Soon as the Krono dries up, Ragefire and Lockjaw will look like Fippy and Vulak.....the same can be said for any future TLP's.

What a waste.
  13. Sutebun New Member

Personally, I think it would be really cool if they made servers that had a certain lifespan. Say a year-1.5 years. Maybe even a 6 month one!

There is too much content in the whole of EQ. If they spent some resources and came up with a new mode of play that recycled the content but presented it in a new way, it could be very fun and interesting. I am thinking something similar to Diablo 3's seasonal game play.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Of course these TLP are a krono farmers paradise hence the reason you see box armies......
    Unfortunately the same krono the fuels some revenue for DBG is also a source that fuels some folks @ farming certain content in the game to block for krono as well.

Instanced raids and more content from the get go should cut that down. Why pay for a cloak of flames when your own guild can schedule a raid in your instance? We'll see how it works.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  15. frankie78227 Augur

Bottom line is if DGB had made better decisions at the beginning then there likely wouldn't have been mass krono farming. The downside is that they wouldn't have reaped the profit of the krono sales.

Edit. I still contend that newbie armor starting city quests in game would have reduced the krono profits and that is why they were removed.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Funny isnt it that the proclaimed "savior" of EQ... the krono... now kills any chance of revitalizing the game. Yeah DBG did reap a bonanza for a while but then people catch on and the bonanza likely turns to crud. All of which was entirely predictable.

Unintended consequence is more than just an idea its a natural law.

We just continue on FV and watch the fallout. Ah well now its time to enjoy some 50% bonus xp... and yall keep buying those krono!!!
    hasta
  17. Gwoben Journeyman

Newbie armor was removed on TLP long before krono were introduced (except for a couple of class/race combinations they missed).
  18. Rhodz Augur

IIRC the quests in question were PoP era while the krono came in about the same time as F2P hit so any TLP at PoP era still have those.
    Although he is right about the quests taking out the motive for krono sales to get geared it decimates any tradeskilling.

Gee its almost like nothing works as long as the krono exists.
  19. Cicelee Augur

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of disappointed and discouraged players who start on the new "no box/no not/no abc" server. Their expectations and their wants are not going to be met when the ill-will players are able to circumvent the system.

I hope it works. I really do. I personally will not be there because I have a dozen Xbox 360 games I have not started, and two characters who I want to progress in TBM. But if I did not have the above restrictions, that would be the server I would be most interested in...
  20. Numiko Augur

Free to play arrived in March 2012, Krono showed up in Oct 2012.

Does make me laugh how people proclaim Krono saved EQ, I have not noticed any great jump in server populations since then, and the Krono has generated so much revenue tor SOE/Daybreak that Sony sold off the company to a shell holding company, laid off half the staff .. and fired the CEO.. yep they seem to be doing way better now.....
    frankie78227 and Jaxarale01 like this.