Raiding idea to appease all

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Lee81 Augur

How are any of these progression servers anything like classic EQ? They're far from it. And these two servers aren't going to be instanced anyways.
  2. Pinto_Bean Augur

Alright buddy.
    You are using a "New User" account but it is painfully obvious what guild you are in. Your message is completely filled with opinions that have absolutely nothing to do with the original post. What is the point of this whole socking argument you are bringing up in my thread? This thread isn't about socking and I could give 2 about that argument. It's pointless to bring it up.

The page and a half write up you have written adds nothing to this thread and is way off subject. It is very apparent that you don't understand that people have different play styles. While your play style might be to dominate all content by any means possible, others play style is to clear content with the minimal amount of force possible in order to challenge themselves.

This play style to challenge yourself with the encounters (and not with the mobilization leading up to the encounters) was something people were able to do back in the day due to lower server populations and differences in the play nice policy. This play style can't exist in the current form of the game because of the whole DPS race aspect in the modern form of the game.

The suggestion I mad in my original posting appease BOTH the guilds that want to just dominate content and keep everything FFA and guilds that just want to experience content and challenge themselves with the encounters.
  3. Raynard Augur

My argument didn't change... You choose to answer batphones at all hours, that's a lifestyle choice. Other are unwilling/unable to do the same. That's your advantage. Instancing would take that away, so you (and others) lash out.

And ya, I want a change made to the game for selfish reasons... So what, the game changes all the time. People lobby those in power to suit their own needs/desires, that's how the world works...
  4. Syrup Augur

I didn't make that claim...
    I said Everquest is a classic MMO

Fallacy game is weak today lee
  5. Syrup Augur

I know.
    That's why i pointed it out.
  6. Lee81 Augur

You stated that Raynard wanted to change the fabric of a classic MMO. These servers are far from what you can even deem classic. The in-game stores, the adjustments, mechanics and stat differences from other xpacs, etc. Way too much within the game to ever be considered anything like a classic MMO. It's an abomination.
  7. Raynard Augur

So then you are a true altruist? What would your position be if a vote showed a clear majority in favor of instancing?
  8. Syrup Augur

It's a classic MMO, one of the first.
    You're the only one attempting to equate that to a classic experience.
  9. Syrup Augur

Hypothetical's make a poor footing for any argument.
  10. Raynard Augur

Because they illustrate your hypocrisy?
  11. Lee81 Augur

This classic MMO has raid instancing. Which part of it are you referring to? Its early or current form? If you're referring to its current form, then Raynard's ideas aren't any different. If you're referring to its early form, then these servers are very different. Which is it?
  12. Risiko Augur

This is what happens when there are no clear winners and losers. Everyone gets a trophy for participating. Thank you soccer moms for raising a world full of cry babies.

Seriously get over your QQ. ITS A GAME.
  13. Vaclav Augur

A "normal" working person that:
    a) Can use the internet from work enough to pay attention to the EQLive Forums for hours straight.
    b) Apparently has enough flexibility with work that if they're "hung over" from lack of sleep it's no big deal.

Most people don't work in fields like that - IT, janitors and security are some of the few I'm aware of.
  14. Syrup Augur

It's simply not a productive means to advance a conversation or argument.

If you have to manufacture a situation, and the results of that situation to make a point, you have already thrown in the towel on sound reasoning.
  15. Vaclav Augur

"Sound reasoning" like implying you've got a normal job when you're spending hours at a stretch on these forums during your work hours?

It's really hard to believe someone who can use the forums for hours at a time can't play EQ at work as well for 20-30 min stretches to raid during work hours.
  16. Syrup Augur

I work for a software development firm.
    I don't log in for batphones... I log at 12pm and wake up at 7:30 to be at work at 9.

Any other assumptions you want to make?
  17. Raynard Augur

What? You are obviously not familiar with philosophical or logical debates, because it is heavily based in analysis of hypothetical, or thought experiments.

Bottom line, is you would advocate against instancing, based on your personal opinions/desires in the face of a majority who oppose you. That is the definition of selfish. You are just as selfish as everyone else, you just won't admit it.
  18. Syrup Augur

I tab into and out of the forums, replying when i see fit.
    It's not terribly time consuming.

Being able to post obviously means i can install EQ on my work PC and just fk around all day right?
    LOL
  19. Vaclav Augur

9-5 software development? That's a rarity.

And so you don't log in for batphones personally while suggesting they're no big deal for people to do? Hilarious.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  20. toddv New Member

I can access these forums all day if I like .
    cant due much else , not sure how this sight gets past our security.
    if your on a work server and you try to download EQ you might as well just start packing up
    pretty sure you wont have a job tomorrow