Aggro on raid mobs/burn mobs with no fade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Zarakii Augur

again zerks jolts have always blown
    Silv likes this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yes, it shares a timer with volley I believe. So what you should be asking for is not a get out jail free card, but an updated jolt disc.
  3. Zarakii Augur

zerk was my main for 7 years you think i didnt ask for MUCH needed things like a jolt that worked?
    the zerk class was screwed hard for many years and NEVER listened to the community so i finally main changed so forgive me if i dont share your enthusiasm here about asking and receiving
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Enthusiasm? Heh. What I do have enthusiasm for is adapting to a changing game instead of wishing for stagnant one where one day of play is much like the other.
  5. Zarakii Augur

Im all for and happy about changing game play as it gives me something different to try/do but after i read your first statement to the OP (zerk) about simple turning attack off that got me and then saying all we need to do is ask and theyll fix it... thats not the case they fix things "broken" years later and ignore good changes when asked about it.

Anyways im stupid tired and sick so gonna crash now
  6. Brudal Augur

Personally, I replaced volley with jolt, used distraction attack, bugged Paladins for Marrs and delayed initial engage and still pulled agro; I'll keep looking for more ways to lower my agro.
  7. shadowgod Augur

Why is this even a discussion ? Why should melee dps have to manage agro when casters do not ? Yes it will always come down to how much easier it is to play a caster dps in a raid over a melee dps until it is fair.
  8. FawnTemplar Augur

We have 2 of the top 4 warriors in game actually. (Who are all 4 tied for number one) I promise you all of our tanks are exemplary.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Zaknaffein Augur

I noticed the melee dps creeping up faster than before but nothing I couldn't easily handle.

The only issues I had was in War but that was my fault on VZ as I started to summon tank before phantom pet had faded, so my pet was highest agro once I started to back up to summon tank him which = some dead melee next to vallon.. Opps!

Of course that's a whole other issue I have with pets in general and thier absurd agro generation. This includs ANY pet, PC pets and agro pets alike, as well as NPC agro (Suicidal FV in arx, guards in WK 1) so on and so forth.
    Ricedogg likes this.
  10. Repthor Augur

then they shouldent have any problems holding aggro if their stats are that good right cuz as you said they are among the best geared in the game. so then there shouldent be a problem . so the claims the guys from your guild has shouldent be true if a warrior like myself arent seeing any changes. or maybe the guys that tank in my guild we are all magic
    Powerful, Silv, Kobrah and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ricedogg New Member

Gear and skill are two separate things Fawn, I know you know that.... Which tank was tanking while the melee where having these issues? While I was tanking the event tonight I seen no issues what so ever and certainly didnt have an issue keeping agro from some random zerker trying to top parses!
  12. Kobra Augur

I propose a new term for people like this. I call them parsetards. You know, the kind of person who can't play worth a crap because they are so concerned with their parse and they die or do other stupid things. Every guild seems to have a few of them.

Never go full parsetard.
    Sindaiann and Silv like this.
  13. Kobrah Augur

Was there a skill test for this and they all scored the highest ? Or is this just magelo stats. As Repthor said, if you are having hate control issues, its on your warriors.
  14. Xikteny Augur

Heresy.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  15. Xanumbik Augur

which skill do casters/healers have that you think should be nerfed? as you know the fade changes was for all of us. If i were you i would be giving ideas of things to improve in your current discs or bouncing ideas around about new abilitys for aggro management that does not include reinstating fade as it was. and i dont know about the other wizzys out there but i still have to manage aggro just saying.
  16. Vlerg Augur

Aggro management didn't seem to be an issue yesterday (Crimson Tempest).

not being able to fade off rampage scared some people ... that's about it.

of course that's from a caster point of view... melee have been getting randomly DT'd in raid for quite a while now... but since they didn't complain in mumble/Gchat, I assume they didn't more than the usual.
  17. Thraine Augur

On cap tita when my burn was winding up i saw my agro meter climbing pretty fast, i just kept at it and trusted Repthor to handle it ... and he did, he knocked my agro back down into the green and i kept on burning.

I think you have a tank problem
    Brohg and AB-Muvien like this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I never said all you had to was ask. However, I know nobody asked for anything to reduce agro during last year's AA chat or at least I did not spot anyone asking for it. Do you know if someone asked about it in disc discussion during Beta?
  19. Gumlakx Augur

The changes to fade were meant to affect pulling, not aggro management. Berserkers have limited capabilities for reducing aggro during a burn. Backing away isn't an option when our best burn uses a self-root.

I have seen a lot of negatives associated with the fade changes. I have yet to see any positives.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

stats =/= skill

Throwing out assumptions like this is just silly. How can one just look at a magelo and make an assumption that a person is better than the next? There are a multitude of reasons why people have different levels of gear/stats and it has no bearing on skill level. Iksars innately have more ac than any other race so all gear equal, the iksar will show up with better states. I made a conscious choice to not loot anything outside of currency purchases for the last 5 months or so and have no reason whatsoever to upgrade my gear based on parses and numbers and data. Just because I'm not fully geared, I'm automatically worse than a tank who is according to you? :rolleyes:

There is no possible way that melee are causing aggro issues now. A majority of the time, they weren't even 1/10th of the way up on an aggro meter. Their aggro could not have increased 900%.
    Shiea, Powerful and Kobrah like this.